Obamacare

Guest *Kris*

Guest *Kris*

The Congressional Budget Office has said Obamacare will cost a trillion dollars ($1,000,000,000,000.) and about 30 % of the people won't be covered. I think Obama is really an Iranian secret agent who's assignment is to bankrupt the U.S. If that's true, he's made a hell of a start in his first 6 months in office. Sorry Paul, I've switched parties.

The Congressional Budget Office has said Obamacare will cost a trillion dollars ($1,000,000,000,000.) and about 30 % of the people won't be covered.

That's without the "government option" for health insurance that Obama proposes. The CBO estimated that 30 million would remain uninsured with a net gain of about 19 million to the ranks of the insured. I'm not sure where you get the 30 percent figure.

I think Obama is really an Iranian secret agent who's assignment is to bankrupt the U.S. If that's true, he's made a hell of a start in his firs6 months in office.

Of course you're kidding. Obama is simply another liberal who either doesn't understand economics very well or sees placing additional government control on the economy as a prerequisite to instituting his modern vision of the worker's paradise. Though perhaps the end result won't be far different from the joke version. We have embarked on a very dangerous set of fiscal policies. The deficit as a percentage of the GDP has not been higher since WW2. It's hard to blame Bush for it entirely when the bulk of the deficit comes from a huge set of doctrinaire liberal programs dressed inappropriately in Keynesian garb.

Sorry Paul, I've switched parties.

With luck, it's not already too late. Obama has proved very effective in exercising power, and once the government gains power (as with its majority share of General Motors), it is typically very difficult to remove the sticky tendrils. Obama has made statements apparently intended to get people to think that the government will get out of GM as soon as it's feasible. Let's see how that goes--though it ought to be disturbing on its face how the president treated contract law with respect to GM's secured creditors. Though the UAW made out OK from the unsecured creditor side.

Guest Guest
The Congressional Budget Office has said Obamacare will cost a trillion dollars ($1,000,000,000,000.) and about 30 % of the people won't be covered. I think Obama is really an Iranian secret agent who's assignment is to bankrupt the U.S. If that's true, he's made a hell of a start in his first 6 months in office. Sorry Paul, I've switched parties.

I'm pretty sure Kris was registered. <_<