The Fluffy Observer

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

GGGRRRROOOAAAANNNN! If the Observer gets any lighter and fluffier it will just fly away. Does anyone think there is a chance that someday they could cover some real stories i.e. crime/corruption/local government etc.... take your pick?

Every week I look to see if they have in any way developed a backbone. What a shame. Doing such a misservice to the whole community.

Guest Kearny Journal reader
GGGRRRROOOAAAANNNN! If the Observer gets any lighter and fluffier it will just fly away. Does anyone think there is a chance that someday they could cover some real stories i.e. crime/corruption/local government etc.... take your pick?

Every week I look to see if they have in any way developed a backbone. What a shame. Doing such a misservice to the whole community.

The Kearny Journal is starting to take over the real news for Harrison and Kearny. Rose Duger is doing a much better job than Celeste Regal. The Observer doesn't even have a reporter at town meetings. What can you expect from a Publisher whose skills are limited. It is time to sell the paper to some real journalists.

Guest *Harrisonian*
The Kearny Journal is starting to take over the real news for Harrison and Kearny. Rose Duger is doing a much better job than Celeste Regal. The Observer doesn't even have a reporter at town meetings. What can you expect from a Publisher whose skills are limited. It is time to sell the paper to some real journalists.

Since Canessa left the paper has lost its luster. Canessa took sides on occasion but at least he went out and got the story and could write the story up in English. If he had a strong Publisher who knew what she was doing, he would have served the community well. On occasion he got out of hand. The Observer will go under eventually. It's advertisers in this economy will not be able to support its high ad prices.

Guest Guest

I agree, and since when is Nutley, Belleville and Clifton in it?

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Please tell me what banks, etc. in harrison, where i can pick up a Kearny Journal? They used to leave them in the hallways and then for a while in the mail-boxes. Can the start doing that again?

Guest Guest
I agree, and since when is Nutley, Belleville and Clifton in it?

It doen't have to do with backbone. It's money which stops the presses.

The teacher Muth story is a reporters dream politics forgery etc.

With a strong honest Press things would be different, in West Hudson. Most of what is written on this site is just people venting but there are some real vital issues also.

Guest Guest

The observer is useless is looked at todays issue and charmin has more to read on the package.

Guess if you cant plagiarize from the Journal anymore trying to come up with local stories is to much like work.

Guest Guest

The observer is useless is looked at todays issue and charmin has more to read on the package.

Guess if you cant plagiarize from the Journal anymore trying to come up with local stories is to much like work.

In a contest to decide who is more incoherent, the publisher and editor are running neck-and-neck.

It's a shame. People actually READ this newspaper and if it had a spine, it could actually have a voice.

So how do you get the Kearny Journal? Used to come in the mailbox but I haven't seen it in a while.