Communist Harrison ?

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

QUESTION: What's the difference between Communist Cuba and the Town of Harrison?? ANSWER: Very little. Harrison just borrowed another MILLION DOLLARS and the public knows nothing about it. It wasn't on any agendas of the council or redevelopment agency. Questions are not permitted to be asked at either meeting about the purpose of this money. This is taxpayer money, yet the taxpayers can't ask questions about their money.

Why all the secrecy? Is it because our elected officials are doing something not exactly kosher with our money?? Without answers to our questions I have to seriously question if this mayor and council realize this is a democracy where people have the right to know how and where their taxpayer money is being spent.

Guest Guest
QUESTION: What's the difference between Communist Cuba and the Town of Harrison?? ANSWER: Very little. Harrison just borrowed another MILLION DOLLARS and the public knows nothing about it. It wasn't on any agendas of the council or redevelopment agency. Questions are not permitted to be asked at either meeting about the purpose of this money. This is taxpayer money, yet the taxpayers can't ask questions about their money.

Why all the secrecy? Is it because our elected officials are doing something not exactly kosher with our money?? Without answers to our questions I have to seriously question if this mayor and council realize this is a democracy where people have the right to know how and where their taxpayer money is being spent.

Was just reading this Kearny Journal and I cannot believe that this is going on in this small town, you would think that people that pay har earned money on taxes (and alot of it) would want to know what is going on here. I realize that this town has changed, but is there anyone out there that can help? People, please realize what they are doing to your little town, no where to go anymore, no place for recreation, no place for a playground. I've just recently moved in the new places and I see kids on the street or parking lots with their skate boars and no where to go, it is 2009 every town has a skating park why dosen't Harrison? they were getting yelled at by the lady in the Crown Bank for using her parking lot. Come on, I have no children yet, but heck one can see the necessity of this and many other things in town. I now pay taxes and want to know where are they going, and who runs this HRA? and where do I go?

Guest BlueTideBacker
Was just reading this Kearny Journal and I cannot believe that this is going on in this small town, you would think that people that pay har earned money on taxes (and alot of it) would want to know what is going on here. I realize that this town has changed, but is there anyone out there that can help? People, please realize what they are doing to your little town, no where to go anymore, no place for recreation, no place for a playground. I've just recently moved in the new places and I see kids on the street or parking lots with their skate boars and no where to go, it is 2009 every town has a skating park why dosen't Harrison? they were getting yelled at by the lady in the Crown Bank for using her parking lot. Come on, I have no children yet, but heck one can see the necessity of this and many other things in town. I now pay taxes and want to know where are they going, and who runs this HRA? and where do I go?

Harrison is really a throwback to the way towns were run years ago under politicians like Frank (I am the law) Hague, mayor of Jersey City in the 40's. Since those times, municipal government has evolved; the Sunshine Law was created to ensure openness in municipal government (except Harrison), professional Business Administrators now manage virtually all municipalities in NJ (except Harrison), council meeting in all municipalities in NJ (except Harrison) have open public sessions where any question can be asked and the questioner will be answered with respect (except Harrison).

In all other towns in NJ, when money is to be spent or bonded, the item is placed on the agenda with an explanation of it's intent and the reason for the need to spend it (except Harrison).

This mayor and council are a dying breed, I know of no other town that operates like Harrison. Borrowing and bonding is out of control with no explanations to the residents, no information on the agendas, no accountability.

If I were to select 6 random mayors from towns in Morris or Bergen counties and have them sit through a couple of council meetings in Harrison they would come away from the meetings shaking their head and laughing, not believing a government like Harrison's still exists in the 21st century.

And the losers in all this are the taxpayers and we're not laughing.

Guest guest

Maybe the money money is for the secretary and Powells raises, and also to hire the six new fireman. Better make that seven if the alleged HFD/Clubhouse embezzler goes to Harrisons special place in South Kearny where many other should and hopefully eventually be residing.

Guest Guest
Maybe the money money is for the secretary and Powells raises, and also to hire the six new fireman. Better make that seven if the alleged HFD/Clubhouse embezzler goes to Harrisons special place in South Kearny where many other should and hopefully eventually be residing.

money money ?

Guest Former Harrisonian
Harrison is really a throwback to the way towns were run years ago under politicians like Frank (I am the law) Hague, mayor of Jersey City in the 40's. Since those times, municipal government has evolved; the Sunshine Law was created to ensure openness in municipal government (except Harrison), professional Business Administrators now manage virtually all municipalities in NJ (except Harrison), council meeting in all municipalities in NJ (except Harrison) have open public sessions where any question can be asked and the questioner will be answered with respect (except Harrison).

In all other towns in NJ, when money is to be spent or bonded, the item is placed on the agenda with an explanation of it's intent and the reason for the need to spend it (except Harrison).

This mayor and council are a dying breed, I know of no other town that operates like Harrison. Borrowing and bonding is out of control with no explanations to the residents, no information on the agendas, no accountability.

If I were to select 6 random mayors from towns in Morris or Bergen counties and have them sit through a couple of council meetings in Harrison they would come away from the meetings shaking their head and laughing, not believing a government like Harrison's still exists in the 21st century.

And the losers in all this are the taxpayers and we're not laughing.

I graduated HHS in '72 and now live in Randolph. I was on the town council for 2 terms and still attend most council meetings. When I read about the antics that go on in Harrison I find it hard to believe. In Randolph all spending is listed on a monthly "bill list" which is available to all residents.

All council meetings begin with an open public session where residents can ask any question concerning Randolph and the regular meeting

doesn't begin until every person that wants to speak has been heard. Sometime the public session can last an hour or more.

Our annual Capital Budget is advertised and a public hearing is held on the spending plans.

Our council meeting are well attended and the residents are on top of everything, there are no secrets.

All this probably sounds foreign to Harrison residents who grew up in Harrison and don't know anything different. Believe me, it's a different world beyond the Passaic river.

It saddens me to read what goes on in Harrison; millions and millions spent and the residents know nothing about it, residents abused for asking a question, council meetings held with little notice or at times when residents have a hard time attending. Your mayor and council would be tarred, feathered and run out of town in Randolph. It's long overdue in Harrison.

Guest wise one
I graduated HHS in '72 and now live in Randolph. I was on the town council for 2 terms and still attend most council meetings. When I read about the antics that go on in Harrison I find it hard to believe. In Randolph all spending is listed on a monthly "bill list" which is available to all residents.

All council meetings begin with an open public session where residents can ask any question concerning Randolph and the regular meeting

doesn't begin until every person that wants to speak has been heard. Sometime the public session can last an hour or more.

Our annual Capital Budget is advertised and a public hearing is held on the spending plans.

Our council meeting are well attended and the residents are on top of everything, there are no secrets.

All this probably sounds foreign to Harrison residents who grew up in Harrison and don't know anything different. Believe me, it's a different world beyond the Passaic river.

It saddens me to read what goes on in Harrison; millions and millions spent and the residents know nothing about it, residents abused for asking a question, council meetings held with little notice or at times when residents have a hard time attending. Your mayor and council would be tarred, feathered and run out of town in Randolph. It's long overdue in Harrison.

Hey Randolph,

You think you have it great up there. You suckers are paying for our schools due to the fact that our leaders know how the game is played.

Guest Guest
Hey Randolph,

You think you have it great up there. You suckers are paying for our schools due to the fact that our leaders know how the game is played.

We can always count on a Zombie to defend his "leaders".

Guest guest
Hey Randolph,

With declining test scores there will eventually be a state take over of the school district.

Guest Guest
We can always count on a Zombie to defend his "leaders".

Get with Randolph! You slick guys were beat. We have The Abbott thing working for us and you don't. We get a lot of State aid you don't.

It is all a game. Our guy Higgins got all of that for Harrison and he gets a couple of pensions for his troubles. The truth is he is worth every penny he earned and every pension he can scoop up.

All the Chris Christies can not touch Pete. He and the Town Attorney Murray have it all figured out. As far as the State AGs, They are part of this carade called New Jersey.

So, read it and weep Randolph Harrison wins and you and the rest of the Non Abbott Districts lose.

You'll be working long after our guy Pete is retired to his shore house.

God Bless America and the Abbott plan. Long live our lovely Town of Harrison.