Tax bill

Guest *dgas*

Guest *dgas*

I just got my tax bill and I see the honorable Mayor Santos raised my taxes again. Good job Mayor. How many years in a row is that? Keep voting for him. When will you people learn??????????

Guest Guest
I just got my tax bill and I see the honorable Mayor Santos raised my taxes again. Good job Mayor. How many years in a row is that? Keep voting for him. When will you people learn??????????

Wow your tax bill was raised and you’re blaming it on the Mayor. LOL 50% of our tax goes to the mismanagement of our school yet no one said anything. The town people voted for a higher school budget and no one said anything. There was a question on transfer of 2 million from the surplus to the general budget of the schools yet no one ask why and this is the Mayor fault. Tell me dgas how is the mayor mismanagement our money??

Guest Guest

I have lived in Kearny my whole life. I would like to remain here. I will be changing my vote. I too have had enough. I will vote for change. Sorry Mayor Santos you had your chance.

Guest Guest

My tax bill said that I received a modest 2% decrease. I figure it is election year.

Guest *Taxpayer*

Did you read the Mayor's letter that came with the bill? A 2% decrease.

Guest Guest
I have lived in Kearny my whole life. I would like to remain here. I will be changing my vote. I too have had enough. I will vote for change. Sorry Mayor Santos you had your chance.

A change to what? If you really had enough you would be at the council meeting or the school budget meetings. 50% of our taxes goes to schools not the town workers so blaming the Mayor will do nothing, else the Mayor can start firing some teacher or fix there over spending.

Guest Guest
A change to what? If you really had enough you would be at the council meeting or the school budget meetings. 50% of our taxes goes to schools not the town workers so blaming the Mayor will do nothing, else the Mayor can start firing some teacher or fix there over spending.

How can we fire teachers in town when it is people like you who use the wrong grammer (it should be their) in their reply.

Guest Guest
How can we fire teachers in town when it is people like you who use the wrong grammer (it should be their) in their reply.

Lol your worry about my grammar lol. But the 50% of wasteful spending didn’t bother you, our schools on the average are doing poorly compared to the surrounding schools. With comment like that no wonder our school s**ks.

Ps. Isn’t grammar spell grammar not grammer.

Guest GUEST
Lol your worry about my grammar lol. But the 50% of wasteful spending didn’t bother you, our schools on the average are doing poorly compared to the surrounding schools. With comment like that no wonder our school s**ks.

Ps. Isn’t grammar spell grammar not grammer.

What would you want to spend your tax dollars on? You answered your own question. If our schools are doing so poorly maybe we need to put more money into them. Improve the scores and more people may want to move into town . Better for real estate value. One of the major reasons people choose where they want to live is based on the school system. How is it wasteful spending? The tax increase this town has seen over the past few years is rediculous and can't be blamed on the school system alone. Wake up.

Guest wondering
Wow your tax bill was raised and you’re blaming it on the Mayor. LOL 50% of our tax goes to the mismanagement of our school yet no one said anything. The town people voted for a higher school budget and no one said anything. There was a question on transfer of 2 million from the surplus to the general budget of the schools yet no one ask why and this is the Mayor fault. Tell me dgas how is the mayor mismanagement our money??

How do you explain the tax increases over the years that the school budget didn't pass?

Guest Guest
What would you want to spend your tax dollars on? You answered your own question. If our schools are doing so poorly maybe we need to put more money into them. Improve the scores and more people may want to move into town . Better for real estate value. One of the major reasons people choose where they want to live is based on the school system. How is it wasteful spending? The tax increase this town has seen over the past few years is rediculous and can't be blamed on the school system alone. Wake up.

Why should we put more money into a school that has a surplus in a time of a recession? Dumping more money into the schools won’t help. It’s failing because of mismanagement and ridicules salary. Just look at how much the board and there secretary are making. As for the taxes that we do pay, why aren’t the students at Kearny getting better grades. We pay one of the highest taxes in the area and one of the lowest performers in the area, where do 50% of those taxes go? I can list a couple of things that is funny about the budget, if you read about early forums you’ll see topic about how they stop audit on their budgets, weird transfer of money, and how teacher/ management with little experience are getting top dollar. That how I think its wasteful spending, as for blaming the school if 50% of our tax is coming from the school who should you blame?

As for where you can improve the town, solar panel on the municipal building, upgrading the water system, or camera would be better use of the money.

Guest Guest
How do you explain the tax increases over the years that the school budget didn't pass?

Here how the board works, let say for the sake of arguments that the board needs 25 million for the year. They ask for 32 million for their budget, if it passes great they have 7 more million to play with. If it doesn’t they’ll go to the mayor and counsel and they’ll fight it out and get a budget for 27 million, telling the tax payer that they cut 5 million out of the budget. So even if it doesn’t pass the school still gets what they want. It’s kind of transparent if you take a look at their books. If you don’t believe me explain why they have a surplus. If there cut into their budget, they shouldn’t have a surplus right? I wish you would ask this question in their budget meeting though.

Guest Guest
Here how the board works, let say for the sake of arguments that the board needs 25 million for the year. They ask for 32 million for their budget, if it passes great they have 7 more million to play with. If it doesn’t they’ll go to the mayor and counsel and they’ll fight it out and get a budget for 27 million, telling the tax payer that they cut 5 million out of the budget. So even if it doesn’t pass the school still gets what they want. It’s kind of transparent if you take a look at their books. If you don’t believe me explain why they have a surplus. If there cut into their budget, they shouldn’t have a surplus right? I wish you would ask this question in their budget meeting though.

Is there a way you can get the school's budget online? The town has it on there website why doesn't the board of ed have it?

Guest Guest
Is there a way you can get the school's budget online? The town has it on there website why doesn't the board of ed have it?

Have you looked at their website, I don’t think they’re very technical.

Guest Guest

There is mismanagement of budget that most people do not even know about. Kearny has a made up position of Master Teacher of Early Child Development who has been collecting a very good salary for the past 4 years, but three of those 3 years she was home with her children yet we were paying her salary. This year she supposedly is returning in June so she can collect a salary for supposedly working on curriculum with her friends who she hired as teachers in town as well. This is after so-called complications with her latest child kept her out of work this year yet it didn’t stop her from taking her children to Florida. This is where your tax dollars go. People are well aware of it and yet nothing is ever done.

Guest Guest
There is mismanagement of budget that most people do not even know about. Kearny has a made up position of Master Teacher of Early Child Development who has been collecting a very good salary for the past 4 years, but three of those 3 years she was home with her children yet we were paying her salary. This year she supposedly is returning in June so she can collect a salary for supposedly working on curriculum with her friends who she hired as teachers in town as well. This is after so-called complications with her latest child kept her out of work this year yet it didn’t stop her from taking her children to Florida. This is where your tax dollars go. People are well aware of it and yet nothing is ever done.

This is the schools messing up again, not the town. The problem is that no one goes to the council and ask these question when it counts. Puting on this forum is useless if nobody go and speaks up. Everyone seem so busy talk about Obama and creation that no one really does anything worth while here.