Police Presence

Guest Caracas

Guest Caracas

Is it me or is there a lack of police presence throughout Harrison? As the population increases, there are less officers to accommodate. When will they hire more?

Guest guest

IMO, the Town is not going to hire any additional Police. They recently tried to hire six new Fireman as Nepotism 101, or cronyism, but the state got wind of the Cosa Nostra secret ceremony and said no. It seems that McMole and the council have opted to compromise public safety for patronage. The H is the only town in NJ to have more clubhouse/HFD members than Police. Hey, must be the money!! How can you sleep safely at night knowing their are ten or more HFD members sleeping at the clubhouse and 3 Police Officers, in total, on duty. All that matters is election day when they need the votes then they have the Police stand on the corners to make it looks like their are more Police on duty. I have asked time and time again for the Mayor, Fire Chief, union Rep., or anyone associated with the clubhouse to explain at a town meeting what exactly a typical firemans day is but they always change the subject. Remember, it costs the taxpayers $37,000.00 a day, as per the budget to keep these clowns in the towns top payroll recipients. Thats my opinion.

Guest Guest
Is it me or is there a lack of police presence throughout Harrison? As the population increases, there are less officers to accommodate. When will they hire more?

You are right. I used to see them driving around all the time -- now I rarely do. And do they ever patrol on foot? The town is only a mile, would be good public relations.

Guest Guest

the mayor has said he was going to hire 7 more....... They are losing 3 more cops by next month........... the town has not replaced all the cops that have left in the past.... what are they waiting for..... the crime over the weekend should dictate that....... more robberies........ you will not see that though in the papers.... this town is REALLY Safe....

Guest Guest

Ask the Mayor and the fat dude working in the DPW, **** *** ********* ** *** ***** *** the chief will not fight for right of his department. Only the public can change that and attend this so called secret meetings and let the mayor know that he has got to step up for the H. he could care less about the people it is all about power and money.

Guest Harrison Senior
IMO, the Town is not going to hire any additional Police. They recently tried to hire six new Fireman as Nepotism 101, or cronyism, but the state got wind of the Cosa Nostra secret ceremony and said no. It seems that McMole and the council have opted to compromise public safety for patronage. The H is the only town in NJ to have more clubhouse/HFD members than Police. Hey, must be the money!! How can you sleep safely at night knowing their are ten or more HFD members sleeping at the clubhouse and 3 Police Officers, in total, on duty. All that matters is election day when they need the votes then they have the Police stand on the corners to make it looks like their are more Police on duty. I have asked time and time again for the Mayor, Fire Chief, union Rep., or anyone associated with the clubhouse to explain at a town meeting what exactly a typical firemans day is but they always change the subject. Remember, it costs the taxpayers $37,000.00 a day, as per the budget to keep these clowns in the towns top payroll recipients. Thats my opinion.

Barney called out sick again today?? You complain about there being only 3 cops on duty, yet you call out sick leaving your "brothers in blue" to work shorthanded. How many sick days have you taken this year already?

Thank God for the firefighters, I sleep soundly knowing they're minutes away.

Guest Midas
Barney called out sick again today?? You complain about there being only 3 cops on duty, yet you call out sick leaving your "brothers in blue" to work shorthanded. How many sick days have you taken this year already?

Thank God for the firefighters, I sleep soundly knowing they're minutes away.

Who's Barney?

As as for the firefighters, you mean "I sleep soundly knowing that they're sleeping only minutes away."

Wait until the one cop that just came back from being out for 2 years decides to go out again. The town won't do anything about that either. Lookin' good in that uniform :o Well at least it keeps the sweatshop workers in business :lol:

Guest Guest
You are right. I used to see them driving around all the time -- now I rarely do. And do they ever patrol on foot? The town is only a mile, would be good public relations.

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE EXPENSIVE BIKE THEY HAVE, NEVER SEE THEM ON THE THEM. THEY JUST RIDE IN A/C CAR.

Guest guest
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE EXPENSIVE BIKE THEY HAVE, NEVER SEE THEM ON THE THEM. THEY JUST RIDE IN A/C CAR.

Kearny cops are on the streets of kearny all day and night. And also on bikes why not harrison

Guest Guest
the mayor has said he was going to hire 7 more....... They are losing 3 more cops by next month........... the town has not replaced all the cops that have left in the past.... what are they waiting for..... the crime over the weekend should dictate that....... more robberies........ you will not see that though in the papers.... this town is REALLY Safe....

I'm probably the only one who doesn't know but -- what crime/robberies over the weekend? If we are going to keep ourselves, our families and our property safe, we NEED to know. Not optional. Thank you.

Guest 1 in the know
Kearny cops are on the streets of kearny all day and night. And also on bikes why not harrison

Hey Moron! can't you read, there are more cops left to go on bikes.........

PS Go back to sleep you don't want to be tired for your real job.

Guest Guest

call the mayor McPlummer, Police Chief Kearns or Deputy Chief Green every monday morning and ask what crimes occurred over the weekend.... You will be surprised what you hear..... if they tell you..... you will be pretty disgusted on what happens in the safest town in america........ Dont worry the firemen are getting there 10 hours of sleep every nite.... so they are refreshed...... and take your tax money down the shore to where they live......

Guest Guest

They should just let kearny take over harrison, they are a REAL police department., Oh wait, they couldn't do that, if Kearny came in, and started doing real police work half the town employees would wind up under arrest after the first month. All the low ball deals, and NO Bid contractors would have to leave because of the fear of actually going to jail. In Harrison they could start with the mayor, council and just work they're way down..On second though, bring them on in!!!!!! The more the merrier.....

Guest Guest

I agree, and when you do see them, they are on thier cellphone! I thought that was against the law!

Guest Guest

one thing is for sure you will never ,and i repeat never see a dunkin donuts robbed thats all they do hang out looking to shake down a free coffee