TATOOS

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I noticed some of the young teachers in Harrison have tattoos. What kind of example does this set for the young children attending class. Start having a dress code to hide these tatoos on teachers. I do not want my child saying they want tattoos because the teacher has one. And in my opinion how can a school system want hire these kind of people. What is this town coming to.

Guest Guest
I noticed some of the young teachers in Harrison have tattoos. What kind of example does this set for the young children attending class. Start having a dress code to hide these tatoos on teachers. I do not want my child saying they want tattoos because the teacher has one. And in my opinion how can a school system want hire these kind of people. What is this town coming to.

Tatoos are a form of expression, just like the clothes you wear, what's wrong with that? I agree that teachers being that they are looked up to should try to be a little more conservative in terms of what they wear and how they display their tattos and their actions.

Guest Guest

these kinds of people? what planet are you on anyway? You need to learn how to control your own kids instead of having the police and school system do it. I probably know more people that have tatoos then that do not, maybe they don't have a million of them, but most people i have come in contact have one small one here or there. You sound like you have more problems to worry about then the fact a teacher has tatoos. If its such a problem to you, pay some money to send your kid to private school..

Guest Guest
Tatoos are a form of expression, just like the clothes you wear, what's wrong with that? I agree that teachers being that they are looked up to should try to be a little more conservative in terms of what they wear and how they display their tattos and their actions.

A person with a visable tatoo should not be in front of a class teaching anything, IMO.

When you learn how to spell the word, we'll consider a dress code.

You used the word 4 times, and spelt it 2 different ways.

Guest Senior Guest
A person with a visable tatoo should not be in front of a class teaching anything, IMO.

There is nothing wrong with having tatooes, It is art, and some have a special meaning to the person wearing it. I know of one that has one and the meaning of it is, She is a serviver of Cancer. She has a rite to display it and should be proud of it....There is nothing wrong with tatooes , I think they are a beautiful form of art.......

Guest Spell checker

You're correcting someone else's spelling? Too funny. "Spelt"???? Try spelled.

Guest Senior Guest

Wat is da big deal bout spelling. as long as Yjou get yore message axxxxx.... DAH....

Guest Guest

You have to be kidding me! These people??? What do tattoos have to do with a teacher's ability to teach or get the most out of their pupils?Do people with tattoos make bad teachers? You have way too much time on your hand to type this nonsense. Like many others have stated here, tattoos are a from of expression and to some seen as an art form. We each have control of our own bodies to do what we want with them, I agree that teachers should not be covered in tattoos, but to say that they should have none is ludicrous. An example is set for children by parents and facilitated by teachers, so before you go out to bash on teachers with tattoos take a look at yourself to see what type of example your setting for your children.

Guest Guest
.... I agree that teachers should not be covered in tattoos ...

So you have limits too? Who is to say what is right, not right, just enough or too much? Some tattoos are ok but others aren't? Shoulder, upper arm or sleeve where do you draw the line. What about the post you replied to, what do they think. Oh yeah, none at all.

After all it's just freedom of expression, "art" or something right?

Who gets to decide?

Guest guest

I think the way some of the teachers dress is a bigger concern than tattoos. Some of these women look like they are going to a club on a Saturday night instead of a classroom.

Guest 20 morbid
So you have limits too? Who is to say what is right, not right, just enough or too much? Some tattoos are ok but others aren't? Shoulder, upper arm or sleeve where do you draw the line. What about the post you replied to, what do they think. Oh yeah, none at all.

After all it's just freedom of expression, "art" or something right?

Who gets to decide?

Who cares about tatoos? Debating this is like losing sight of the forest for the trees. I just want someone who cares about teaching, leaves their bad attitude at home and who is actually THERE for entire weeks at a time, instead of being out at least one day a week. My son said that more than one teacher has told his classes that they are relieved because as soon as the standardized testing is over, they don't have to teach any more this year. Movie time at school every day from now through the end of the school year -- great.

Guest Guest
Who cares about tatoos? Debating this is like losing sight of the forest for the trees. I just want someone who cares about teaching, leaves their bad attitude at home and who is actually THERE for entire weeks at a time, instead of being out at least one day a week. My son said that more than one teacher has told his classes that they are relieved because as soon as the standardized testing is over, they don't have to teach any more this year. Movie time at school every day from now through the end of the school year -- great.

I'll bet that teacher has a tatoo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

maybe these parents should start worrying about there kids instead of a tattoo that there teacher has. most of you parents should be ashamed of yourselves by the way your kids act..start caring about your kids instead of there teachers looks

Guest Guest
maybe these parents should start worrying about there kids instead of a tattoo that there teacher has. most of you parents should be ashamed of yourselves by the way your kids act..start caring about your kids instead of there teachers looks

Worrying about a teachers tattoo is worrying about your child. I'll bet a pedophile , or a child molester, or even a teacher that dates their students could do a good job teaching math, or science or whatever. Wether you like it or not, teachers are role models. With the salaries we pay teachers is it too much ask to have someone with character standing in front of the classroom? If your child is going to emulate their teacher, is it to much to ask for a positive role model?

Guest guest

i agree that teachers are role models but the parents should be the biggest role model..there are so many parents these days that think everyone else should take care of there child...when it comes down to it a child is gonna take after there parents not a teacher.i was taught the right way to act from my parents not a teacher

Guest *Guests*
i agree that teachers are role models but the parents should be the biggest role model..there are so many parents these days that think everyone else should take care of there child...when it comes down to it a child is gonna take after there parents not a teacher.i was taught the right way to act from my parents not a teacher

A teacher with a tattoo, that the kids think is cool, combines both a negative role model and peer approval. A strong combination for a single parent to overcome. Again, with the money we pay our teachers, is it too much to ask for a positive role model for the kids to emulate instead of one who adds to the list of things parents have to overcome.

Guest Guest
A teacher with a tattoo, that the kids think is cool, combines both a negative role model and peer approval. A strong combination for a single parent to overcome. Again, with the money we pay our teachers, is it too much to ask for a positive role model for the kids to emulate instead of one who adds to the list of things parents have to overcome.

I honestly don't understand how narrow minded you have to be to assume that someone who has a tattoo can't be a role model. It isn't indicative of a "rebel" the way it used to be. A lot of people today just see tattoos as a form of artistic expression. It really isn't a big deal and there are much more critical issues to be concerned about.

Guest Guest
I honestly don't understand how narrow minded you have to be to assume that someone who has a tattoo can't be a role model. It isn't indicative of a "rebel" the way it used to be. A lot of people today just see tattoos as a form of artistic expression. It really isn't a big deal and there are much more critical issues to be concerned about.

Of course you can be a role model. Show the kids what "Trailer Park Trash" looks like. Let a few of your teeth fall out to match your tattoos. You can tell the kids you are the Queen of the Trailer Park.

Guest Guest

What if a teacher who happens to have a tattoo inspires a child to become a better student, thus allowing the child to develop and advance academically? What if that same teacher takes the time out of his or her schedule to help the child?What if the teacher becomes a positive influence in the childĀ“s life?

The tattoo argument doesnĀ“t really hold any weight because thereĀ“s no correlation between a tattoo and being a bad role model. A teacher with no tattoos could be a worse role model than a teacher with one. A good teacher isnĀ“t defined by the ink on their body, they are defined rather by their ability to get the most out of their students. I know plenty of people with tattoos who have character.

At the end of the day if your kid wants a tattoo chances are that he or she will get one at some point. I for one feel like thereĀ“s many other negative things your kid could get into, like drugs, crime, etc...

Guest Guest
What if a teacher who happens to have a tattoo inspires a child to become a better student, thus allowing the child to develop and advance academically? What if that same teacher takes the time out of his or her schedule to help the child?What if the teacher becomes a positive influence in the childĀ“s life?

The tattoo argument doesnĀ“t really hold any weight because thereĀ“s no correlation between a tattoo and being a bad role model. A teacher with no tattoos could be a worse role model than a teacher with one. A good teacher isnĀ“t defined by the ink on their body, they are defined rather by their ability to get the most out of their students. I know plenty of people with tattoos who have character.

At the end of the day if your kid wants a tattoo chances are that he or she will get one at some point. I for one feel like thereĀ“s many other negative things your kid could get into, like drugs, crime, etc...

I'll bet there are a lot of child molesters who would take time out of their schedules to spend extra time with your child. The people we entrust with our children have got to be the best we can get. We certainly pay enough money for quality people. The job of a teacher is to prepare the student for higher education, to be able to produce in the work force, and to be a good citizen of this great country. People that use drugs, can also teach math, but I think our children deserve better. Tattoos, although more popular than ever are still not accepted as the way a teacher should present themselves, that's my opinion.

Guest Guest
I'll bet there are a lot of child molesters who would take time out of their schedules to spend extra time with your child. The people we entrust with our children have got to be the best we can get. We certainly pay enough money for quality people. The job of a teacher is to prepare the student for higher education, to be able to produce in the work force, and to be a good citizen of this great country. People that use drugs, can also teach math, but I think our children deserve better. Tattoos, although more popular than ever are still not accepted as the way a teacher should present themselves, that's my opinion.

"Ditto" I agree, they call them "tramp stamps" for a reason!

Guest Guest

Your entitled to your opinion on tattoos and thats fine. The problem I have is that your twisting the argument and lumping someone with a tattoo in the same category as a child molestor and thats going to an extreme. Having a tattoo and being a child molestor are two totally different things.

You wrote, "The people we entrust with our children have got to be the best we can get". Why couldnĀ“t someone with a tattoo who is educated and good at what he or she not be the best person for the job? Having a tattoo should not be a determining factor when hiring a teacher. Having the will and the ability to prepare your child for what lies ahead in their lives is what should be taken into consideration.

Guest Guest
Your entitled to your opinion on tattoos and thats fine. The problem I have is that your twisting the argument and lumping someone with a tattoo in the same category as a child molestor and thats going to an extreme. Having a tattoo and being a child molestor are two totally different things.

You wrote, "The people we entrust with our children have got to be the best we can get". Why couldnĀ“t someone with a tattoo who is educated and good at what he or she not be the best person for the job? Having a tattoo should not be a determining factor when hiring a teacher. Having the will and the ability to prepare your child for what lies ahead in their lives is what should be taken into consideration.

A tattoo is like a bumper sticker. It says something about you. An "NRA" sticker indicates you like guns. A "god is good sticker" indicates you are a Christian.

A "mom" Tattoo could indicate you love your mom so much that you want to memorialize your love in the form of body art. Depending on the type tattoo, it can be impressionable on a young child.

Almost everyone I know said they were drunk or high when they got their tattoo. Body art is definitely on the upswing, could it be because our children's role models, stand in front of a classroom, displaying something they got wile in an altered state of mind. Or making a statement they think is important enough to memorialize on their body? Would you like your child coming home with at tat because they saw their teachers and thought it was cool?