BOE Please Help!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Once again, Kearny Varisty Players are suffering. Their head coach is playing mind games. A player who has been on varisty for threes years already, quit yesterday because of the head coach. His lack of compassion for the kids is unbelievable. He has kids on the team that consistently make errors, yet he keeps them in. Why not mix it up a bit? You never know what could happen. Teach the kids, coach the kids, don't play with their emotions.

The Kearny BOE needs to take a look at what is actually going on. The VP of athletics shows up at the games just to pay the umpires. Maybe he should take an interest in the teams and the players. Look at these kids, moral is at an all time low. In the beginning of the season, these boys would all go to lunch on the weekends after games or practices and have a great time. Now the coach is pitting player against player. He may think that this will motivate all the kids, but he is wrong. They are disgusted and someone needs to do something about it!

Guest Dum-dum
Once again, Kearny Varisty Players are suffering. Their head coach is playing mind games. A player who has been on varisty for threes years already, quit yesterday because of the head coach. His lack of compassion for the kids is unbelievable. He has kids on the team that consistently make errors, yet he keeps them in. Why not mix it up a bit? You never know what could happen. Teach the kids, coach the kids, don't play with their emotions.

The Kearny BOE needs to take a look at what is actually going on. The VP of athletics shows up at the games just to pay the umpires. Maybe he should take an interest in the teams and the players. Look at these kids, moral is at an all time low. In the beginning of the season, these boys would all go to lunch on the weekends after games or practices and have a great time. Now the coach is pitting player against player. He may think that this will motivate all the kids, but he is wrong. They are disgusted and someone needs to do something about it!

I agree I think the new board should ignore the fact that they are a board of education and let their first issue be the baseball coach. Bravo!!!

Guest old baseballmom

Could not agree more. My son quit also. Sadly, this coach took a game he loved and excelled at and brought it to a place of feeling inferiorand inadequate. While I never raised my son to be a quitter, I was never more proud of him when he stuck up for himself and told that coach he wouldn't take his crap anymore. I'm not a mean person, but maybe someday his daughters will get a coach like him and he'll see what its like to be on the other side of the fence.

Guest guest
I agree I think the new board should ignore the fact that they are a board of education and let their first issue be the baseball coach. Bravo!!!

Hey "Dum-dum" - it all falls under the BOE. If the players/students are getting frustrated with the antics of this person, they may stop caring about other parts of their high school experience such as grades. The high school has quite a few students who were ineligible to play sports because of their grades, we don't need to add to this.

This so called coach belittle and degrades the players. He needs to be replaced. When the player who quit over the weekend left, this coach should have reached out to him to talk and find out what was going on. Instead he called up another kid. This was his way of getting rid of someone.

Oh, by the way, if you do not know what the BOE is responsible for, look it up.