Feeding frenzy

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

There's a feeding frenzy happening in Washington. Congress has just approved Obama's 3.4 trillion 2010 budget, of which over a third (1.2 trillion is BORROWED). Are there any Loonies out there that still don't believe Obama is driving a runaway train right into bankruptcy.

And it's sure to get better, wait until he gives us universal healthcare and open borders.

Guest Keith
There's a feeding frenzy happening in Washington. Congress has just approved Obama's 3.4 trillion 2010 budget, of which over a third (1.2 trillion is BORROWED). Are there any Loonies out there that still don't believe Obama is driving a runaway train right into bankruptcy.

And it's sure to get better, wait until he gives us universal healthcare and open borders.

Yeah, well your buddy GW is a f**king WAR CRIMINAL!!!!!!!!!! So, why don't you just shut the hell up and go away.

Guest We live in a Democracy

Obama won the election decisively. He has a 70% approval job rating. I wouldn't call 70% of America 'Loonies'.

For the record, it was George Bush who turned a Clinton surplus into record deficits. Amazingly, Bush ran the record deficits when the economy was growing. The Nation was living on a credit card and we're now paying the price for it. We're experiencing the greatest economic contraction since the Great Depression. The only way out is through deficit spending. That's basic Economics 101. Obama is going with the only option that we have to restore growth. Cutting spending would result in an even worse economic contraction.

Guest Guest

2smart4u, you must not come from Kearny, because if you did you would be questioning why there was a 2 million dollar transfer from the surplus of board of ed to the general budget. It’s great that your concern about our president but since you’re on a local forum it would be nice that you ask question about our town instead of the country.

Guest Guest

im a fan of obama, but i dont' agree with his spending, i think maybe he should pick one reform and concentrate on that. I realize he wants to fix everything, but there is a reason why people before him didn't fix everything at once, it costs way too much.

In his speech last night, he blamed wall street bankers and people with credit cards for borrowing and spending with money they didn't have thus running up personal and business debt.

Isn't that what he is doing? he is borrowing money to pay for things, which is what a person does when he or she uses their credit card.I don't know....Im starting to worry a little with him, not as bad as the crazy right wingers on this board, and im not a crazy leftist either..im right down the middle, I feel we as a country are worried about being independant on energy so we dont give money to arab countries, yet we are giving even more money to china with our debt...and china is a much more dangerous enemy (if they chose to be)...

Guest Guest

Yes, it is sure to get better. You neglected to mention that he's also trying to address energy and education, which your masters insisted we ignore for the past thirty years.

Moron.

Guest 2smart4u
2smart4u, you must not come from Kearny, because if you did you would be questioning why there was a 2 million dollar transfer from the surplus of board of ed to the general budget. It’s great that your concern about our president but since you’re on a local forum it would be nice that you ask question about our town instead of the country.

Yes I do come from Kearny, I live off Midland Ave. And I'm not concerned about budget transfers in Kearny, I'm concerned with the direction Obama is taking this country.

Guest Guest
Yes, it is sure to get better. You neglected to mention that he's also trying to address energy and education, which your masters insisted we ignore for the past thirty years.

Moron.

"NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND" was written by one of your political giants. None other than Teddy "I though this car could float" Kennedy. This was the olive branch offered in the hope for bipartisanship early in Bush's first term. No wonder we don't trust liberals.

Guest Guest
im a fan of obama, but i dont' agree with his spending, i think maybe he should pick one reform and concentrate on that. I realize he wants to fix everything, but there is a reason why people before him didn't fix everything at once, it costs way too much.

In his speech last night, he blamed wall street bankers and people with credit cards for borrowing and spending with money they didn't have thus running up personal and business debt.

Isn't that what he is doing? he is borrowing money to pay for things, which is what a person does when he or she uses their credit card.I don't know....Im starting to worry a little with him, not as bad as the crazy right wingers on this board, and im not a crazy leftist either..im right down the middle, I feel we as a country are worried about being independant on energy so we dont give money to arab countries, yet we are giving even more money to china with our debt...and china is a much more dangerous enemy (if they chose to be)...

The reason we didn't attend to our long-term needs before now is because the American people thought the party could last forever. Now that we know it can't, we're trying to dig out from under the mess we made for ourselves. We need to attend to as many of these needs as we can, as quickly as we can. Most economists think the stimulus package may not be large enough.

Guest Guest
Yes I do come from Kearny, I live off Midland Ave. And I'm not concerned about budget transfers in Kearny, I'm concerned with the direction Obama is taking this country.

But your concerns aren't credible because you act like a raving maniac. Use a little moderation and thought, give Obama credit where it's due, and try to stop sounding just like the right wing Republicans who made the mess that has most of us worried about our jobs and our futures. Then maybe you'll get someone to listen to you.