Board of Education Election

Guest Curious

Guest Guest

At the March Board of Ed meeting, it was announced by a Board member that he had contacted the FBI over corruption he had uncovered. He said that he was blocked by other Board members when he was trying to get information and that is when he went to the FBI. Wish I knew more before voting.

Guest Guest
At the March Board of Ed meeting, it was announced by a Board member that he had contacted the FBI over corruption he had uncovered. He said that he was blocked by other Board members when he was trying to get information and that is when he went to the FBI. Wish I knew more before voting.

The board member wanted info that would have cost a lot of money. He would have had to pay. He went to the FBI to investigate. The board member who blocked it isn't running. He got on last year. I go to the meetings faithfully and listen to these two people fight back and forth with accusations and it is ridiculous. Something should be done about both of them. What is up with the FBI investigation anyway? Maybe it should be asked about on Monday at the meeting.

Guest Curious
The board member wanted info that would have cost a lot of money. He would have had to pay. He went to the FBI to investigate. The board member who blocked it isn't running. He got on last year. I go to the meetings faithfully and listen to these two people fight back and forth with accusations and it is ridiculous. Something should be done about both of them. What is up with the FBI investigation anyway? Maybe it should be asked about on Monday at the meeting.

I know that there are several things pending, but I have no idea about the FBI piece. I'm curious to how the election will end up and how the next year will play out. Hopefully it will come up during the Monday meeting since it will be the last time the public has to guage the candidates that are currently on the board.

Guest guest
I know that there are several things pending, but I have no idea about the FBI piece. I'm curious to how the election will end up and how the next year will play out. Hopefully it will come up during the Monday meeting since it will be the last time the public has to guage the candidates that are currently on the board.

The public has a right to know what is going on. There should be a follow up discussion. We'll just have to wait and see.

As far as the election, I feel all the candidates are good people. But, only three will be elected. Each person running has so much too offer. They all have their own reasons to want to do this. We all must remember that being on the Board of Education is an unpaid position. All these people volunteer hours upon hours of their time each month. They should be applauded, because at times they must feel like they want to throw in the towel. I am voting 1A, 3A and 5A because I think that the two ladies have done a good job and are part of a team with the current board that has started to hold all in the district accountable to the students, the parents and the taxpayers. The new comer on the ticket seems to want the same thing. He has kids of his own and he wants to fight for them, as well as, all the children in the school district.

So on Tuesday, I will cast my vote for Lisa Anne Schalago (1A), Jim Doran (3A) and Rosemary Martins-Marks (5A). I will also vote for the budget which if past will help the students to keep moving in the right direction.

I wish the best of luck to all 5 candidates and thank all of them for the interest they have shown for our children.

Guest Guest
The public has a right to know what is going on. There should be a follow up discussion. We'll just have to wait and see.

As far as the election, I feel all the candidates are good people. But, only three will be elected. Each person running has so much too offer. They all have their own reasons to want to do this. We all must remember that being on the Board of Education is an unpaid position. All these people volunteer hours upon hours of their time each month. They should be applauded, because at times they must feel like they want to throw in the towel. I am voting 1A, 3A and 5A because I think that the two ladies have done a good job and are part of a team with the current board that has started to hold all in the district accountable to the students, the parents and the taxpayers. The new comer on the ticket seems to want the same thing. He has kids of his own and he wants to fight for them, as well as, all the children in the school district.

So on Tuesday, I will cast my vote for Lisa Anne Schalago (1A), Jim Doran (3A) and Rosemary Martins-Marks (5A). I will also vote for the budget which if past will help the students to keep moving in the right direction.

I wish the best of luck to all 5 candidates and thank all of them for the interest they have shown for our children.

I have a hard time understanding why vote for Marks.

She doesn't even trust our school system with her own children.

So why is she even running?

Guest Curious

I agree that the public does have a right to know what goes on within the board and it is unfortunate that these recent topics weren't presented earlier in the campaign process.

I'll only be voting for one and maybe 2 people (pending on tonight's meeting). The candidate I support has also been part of the board that has pushed for accountability. She was also was a chairperson on the finance committee that presented a 0% tax increase for the second time and chaired on the education committee.

Personally, think it is in bad form to pitch your candidate on a forum like this, but based off the facts above a voter will know who I'm supporting.

How have each of the candidates voted for the recent positions that were opened within the school system? Specifically, the Director of guidance and the superintendant?

Best of luck to all the candidates. I believe it will be an interesing year.

Guest Guest

If anyone truly believes the FBI is investigating anything going on at the BOE, they should get their head examined. And, just so truth be known, there wasn't one particular board member that was blocking another from getting information. Maybe you dozed off when you were faithfully listening. The board member who supposedly took this investigation to the FBI is always looking to cause trouble, start problems, stall progress and just generally be a pain in the ***.

Guest millly

Which two members are always fighting?

Guest Guest

If you only knew.

The rite canadates are 2a , 3a , and 4a.

These people will clean up the mess the other people left behind, like Bush did to this country. Beleive me.

Guest Guest
If you only knew.

The rite canadates are 2a , 3a , and 4a.

These people will clean up the mess the other people left behind, like Bush did to this country. Beleive me.

The candidates that are always fighting are not up for re-election until 2011.

Vote 1A, 3A and 5A to keep the change moving forward