Kearny district mistreatment

Guest Everyone

Guest Everyone

After reading the article in the Observer on the mistreatment of a thirty plus year teacher in Kearny High,I must say I am very disappointed in the Board of Ed and the Administration of the High School. I myself had two kids who had Mrs. Correnti as a guidance Counselor. They both praised her for her efforts to help them through some trying times during the four years in the High School. I personally know and have heard from other moms about the above and beyond things she did for their kids also.

I remember seeing her with the Honor Society and working on her own time to build the 9/11 monument for those who died so they would be rememberd. I also remember dropping my son off in the dark early mornings to go skiing while everyone was home asleep with Mr. Talone making sure everyone had everything they needed to have a great day on the slopes. I also remember during the graduation ceremony's her standing proud with the students she mentored and the school she worked so very hard to make a better place for herself and my kids.

Her leaving her life long home town district to improve another district is truely a tragedy for Kearny and a blessing for Belleville .Shame on the people on the BOARD OF Ed. who did this to one of the most knowledgeable and kind person in the district.

Guest Guest
After reading the article in the Observer on the mistreatment of a thirty plus year teacher in Kearny High,I must say I am very disappointed in the Board of Ed and the Administration of the High School. I myself had two kids who had Mrs. Correnti as a guidance Counselor. They both praised her for her efforts to help them through some trying times during the four years in the High School. I personally know and have heard from other moms about the above and beyond things she did for their kids also.

I remember seeing her with the Honor Society and working on her own time to build the 9/11 monument for those who died so they would be rememberd. I also remember dropping my son off in the dark early mornings to go skiing while everyone was home asleep with Mr. Talone making sure everyone had everything they needed to have a great day on the slopes. I also remember during the graduation ceremony's her standing proud with the students she mentored and the school she worked so very hard to make a better place for herself and my kids.

Her leaving her life long home town district to improve another district is truely a tragedy for Kearny and a blessing for Belleville .Shame on the people on the BOARD OF Ed. who did this to one of the most knowledgeable and kind person in the district.

I am shocked to read this article in the Observer . My daughter had Mrs. Correnti as a counselor and was on the Honor Society also. I just want to say that it is a shame and a big lose to the High School ,her leaving. I hear the present K.B.O.E. had some personal issues with her .If this is the case the members should be removed from the position of making judgments for our schools and kids . All I hear is bad and unethicle decisions being made by these representatives of our schools. It is obviously time for a change of the guards in the K.B.O.E..

Guest guest

She may have been at Honor Society functions, ski trips (**** *** *********) and graduation ceremonies, but she was getting paid! ******** **** *** ********* on school ski trips while we paid her---get it. This is a fact. She was ****** ** ********. ***** ***** the ***.

Guest Guest
She may have been at Honor Society functions, ski trips (**** *** *********) and graduation ceremonies, but she was getting paid! ******** **** *** ********* on school ski trips while we paid her---get it. This is a fact. She was ****** ** ********. ***** ***** the ***.

It saddens me to see and hear a person with such unsatisfaction in there own life, to let jealousy, ignorance and simply nothing else better to do ,demean their own existance even further.Seek some professional help and some religious guidance for your own sake.I'm sure you will find yor way.

God Bless You.

Guest Curious

"Barabara Corretti resigns from district

To the Publisher:

I have remained mum on an issue that I brought to the Kearny public’s attention in the summer of 2008, and while my refusal to comment any further at the time may have disappointed those who continued to make assumptions and dig up irrelevant artifacts of the past, I think it is only appropriate that I provide the follow-up many have been waiting for.

The straight fact—Barbara Correnti was unjustifiably denied a position for the Kearny High School Director of Student Personnel Services due to arbitrary and capricious reasons—a case that the NJ Commissioner of Education has agreed to hear this coming September. To those six who chose to sell-out for their behind- closed-doors interests and personal vendettas, it saddens me to think that you can turn your cheek on a tenured professional and lifelong resident who you once so freely called at home to accommodate your own children, nieces and nephews with privileged, advanced scheduling among other BOE position-empowered requests. I lay awake at night almost a year later often wondering how those six board members would react if they knew they were denied a position not based on the context of their unblemished career but of reasons unfounded. I am still awaiting their answers, and I believe my fellow taxpayers would agree that this BOE has been slapped on the wrist one too many times but never held accountable for the ill-intentioned decisions they are often prone to make.

While the political unrest and back-scratching continues I am proud to announce that Barbara Correnti has officially resigned from the Kearny School District after thirty-one years of dedication to the children of this town. She will resume the Director of Guidance position in Belleville (grades K-12) on May 11, 2009 upon receiving a unanimous appointment by the Belleville Board of Education in March.

After three-plus decades of service in the classroom, guidance office and as department supervisor, at fundraisers and ski trips, at the Honor Society helm and in the memories of so many graduates, I’m proud of her courage to stand up to the Kearny political machine, but more importantly her strength to pursue her professional goals. I wish her much success as I know she will thrive in her new position, unaltered by the unfortunate cycle that will continue to perpetuate itself in the Board Office at Franklin School. And as the school board elections linger in the near future, I ask the residents of Kearny to remember that change is a good and change is needed as Kearny’s loss is Belleville’s gain.

Laura Correnti

Kearny"

Who are the 6? Who is running for re-election? This could/would potentially change my vote. Anyone know who voted against Barbara Correnti?

Guest guest

To the Publisher:

I have remained mum on an issue that I brought to the Kearny public’s attention in the summer of 2008, and while my refusal to comment any further at the time may have disappointed those who continued to make assumptions and dig up irrelevant artifacts of the past, I think it is only appropriate that I provide the follow-up many have been waiting for.

The straight fact—Barbara Correnti was unjustifiably denied a position for the Kearny High School Director of Student Personnel Services due to arbitrary and capricious reasons—a case that the NJ Commissioner of Education has agreed to hear this coming September. To those six who chose to sell-out for their behind- closed-doors interests and personal vendettas, it saddens me to think that you can turn your cheek on a tenured professional and lifelong resident who you once so freely called at home to accommodate your own children, nieces and nephews with privileged, advanced scheduling among other BOE position-empowered requests. I lay awake at night almost a year later often wondering how those six board members would react if they knew they were denied a position not based on the context of their unblemished career but of reasons unfounded. I am still awaiting their answers, and I believe my fellow taxpayers would agree that this BOE has been slapped on the wrist one too many times but never held accountable for the ill-intentioned decisions they are often prone to make.

While the political unrest and back-scratching continues I am proud to announce that Barbara Correnti has officially resigned from the Kearny School District after thirty-one years of dedication to the children of this town. She will resume the Director of Guidance position in Belleville (grades K-12) on May 11, 2009 upon receiving a unanimous appointment by the Belleville Board of Education in March.

After three-plus decades of service in the classroom, guidance office and as department supervisor, at fundraisers and ski trips, at the Honor Society helm and in the memories of so many graduates, I’m proud of her courage to stand up to the Kearny political machine, but more importantly her strength to pursue her professional goals. I wish her much success as I know she will thrive in her new position, unaltered by the unfortunate cycle that will continue to perpetuate itself in the Board Office at Franklin School. And as the school board elections linger in the near future, I ask the residents of Kearny to remember that change is a good and change is needed as Kearny’s loss is Belleville’s gain.

Laura Correnti

Kearny"

Who are the 6? Who is running for re-election? This could/would potentially change my vote. Anyone know who voted against Barbara Correnti?

Guest Guest

To the Publisher:

Laura Correnti

Kearny"

Marks, Schalago, Stevenson, Santos, McDonald, Weber

Guest Curious

Thank you. Being a former student of Mrs. Correnti and a KHS graduate...it is definitely interesting information.

Guest Guest
But, with the exception of Weber, didn't they all vote to promote her to Department Chairperson only one year earlier?

Guest millly
But, with the exception of Weber, didn't they all vote to promote her to Department Chairperson only one year earlier?

What's the PERSONAL issues? Which members of the board have them with Barbara?

Guest Guest
What's the PERSONAL issues? Which members of the board have them with Barbara?

Her husband ran for BOE specifically to get back at the soccer coach and that is just for starters.

Just because you've been in the district for many years doesn't entitle you to a position.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Her husband ran for BOE specifically to get back at the soccer coach and that is just for starters.

Just because you've been in the district for many years doesn't entitle you to a position.

That may be true, but there are several teachers in the high school who do nothing and for a person like Miss Correnti to be forced out after 31 years is a big loss for the school. If that big nose g---- had any b--- and was man enough to admit what he has done and his mistakes the school wouldn't be falling apart. As it is knowone knows how to do the testing coming up ,what are we paying a vice princ. of curriculum for ,he knows nothing about it and dosen't want to know anything about it.

twidly dee - twidly dumb

• 2 months later...
Guest fungirl333

She was getting **** ****** we paid her!!!!!! just ask *** *******.

That may be true, but there are several teachers in the high school who do nothing and for a person like Miss Correnti to be forced out after 31 years is a big loss for the school. If that big nose g---- had any b--- and was man enough to admit what he has done and his mistakes the school wouldn't be falling apart. As it is knowone knows how to do the testing coming up ,what are we paying a vice princ. of curriculum for ,he knows nothing about it and dosen't want to know anything about it.

twidly dee - twidly dumb