Budget Solutions

Guest Fire Marshall Bill

Guest Finally

I am VERY pleased that Hoboken has made an initial decision to get rid of 10, or hopefully more, clubhouse/firehouse members because the current Hoboken Mayor is a fireman, or retired clubhouse member, and he knows the money pit is just that, charity with no return to the taxpayers. This pattern should continue thruout Hudson County with the aid of the Hudson County Executive and it will save millions of dollars that can be used to feed and provide medical care in the different towns. They can even sell the property (clubhouses, and equiptment) to raise even more money. Harrison should be the next in line. $37,000.00 a a day to a bunch a grown men to

sleep, eat, and watch large screen TV's has gone on way too long. $13 million dollars a year is incredibly out of line to pay these lackeys and family members. It is a disgrace. Watch how quick they turn on their "brothers," once the order is announced. They would sell their own children to keep the gravy train going. IN these difficult times, added Police protection is what is needed. Things are going to get much worse before they get better. All department heads should be ordered to keep their jobs at 1/2. If not, see ya! Someone with more experience and a harder and smarter work ethic will take the job in a heartbeat. Like a $108,000.00 secretary. That job would have a line around the block to get an application. It would also provide corrupt politicians a chance to redeem at least some of their dignity once the community starts seing what can really be done with all those saved millions. Congradulations to those who support these principles of fair play. Maybe the HFD/Clubhouse can bully the citizens with petitions and carrying a coffin thru the streets like many years in Hudson County town. I think everyone has had enough of this crap! Not one step back. Power to the people, ir's their money.

Guest guest

I am full of remorse that the clubhouse/useless/HFD members are only making @$100,000.00 a year when the economy is worse than it has been in 50 years. Getting rid of this cancer of a dept. is the best solution anyone has proposed. DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Harrison Senior Citizen
I am VERY pleased that Hoboken has made an initial decision to get rid of 10, or hopefully more, clubhouse/firehouse members because the current Hoboken Mayor is a fireman, or retired clubhouse member, and he knows the money pit is just that, charity with no return to the taxpayers. This pattern should continue thruout Hudson County with the aid of the Hudson County Executive and it will save millions of dollars that can be used to feed and provide medical care in the different towns. They can even sell the property (clubhouses, and equiptment) to raise even more money. Harrison should be the next in line. $37,000.00 a a day to a bunch a grown men to

sleep, eat, and watch large screen TV's has gone on way too long. $13 million dollars a year is incredibly out of line to pay these lackeys and family members. It is a disgrace. Watch how quick they turn on their "brothers," once the order is announced. They would sell their own children to keep the gravy train going. IN these difficult times, added Police protection is what is needed. Things are going to get much worse before they get better. All department heads should be ordered to keep their jobs at 1/2. If not, see ya! Someone with more experience and a harder and smarter work ethic will take the job in a heartbeat. Like a $108,000.00 secretary. That job would have a line around the block to get an application. It would also provide corrupt politicians a chance to redeem at least some of their dignity once the community starts seing what can really be done with all those saved millions. Congradulations to those who support these principles of fair play. Maybe the HFD/Clubhouse can bully the citizens with petitions and carrying a coffin thru the streets like many years in Hudson County town. I think everyone has had enough of this crap! Not one step back. Power to the people, ir's their money.

It's 9:08 pm, do you know where your husband is? He called out sick for the 4 to 12 shift and after beating his wife he's now venting all his anger on his keyboard. His jealousy of the FD is almost too much for him to bear, he failed the written test for the FD and had to become a cop, he hates his job and now hates the FD. I'm guessing he's low on the seniority list and is afraid he'll be the first to go if there are cop lay-offs as in Hoboken.

My concern is this maniac is armed and considering his vicious hatred should be considered dangerous.

Guest guest

I am glad you got most of the story right except for the parts about failing the clubhouse membership club test, being a cop, and being armed and dangerous. Your cowardice is shining through. This may be written by a senior citizen, but it's a hfd/clubhouse members mom or dad, thats for sure. If the poster was a cop that continuously calls in sick you would already know that. IT wouldn't be too hard. My suggestion is that you go to the Firemans bookshelf, you remember the picture with write-up in the Observer, and read a little instead of sleeping and watching TV for your $100,000.00 position. Who knows, I hear Harvard and Yale are modeling their libraries after the bookcase. If you are a senior citizen, get some aricept or the excelon patch and realize that the giant tax elephant in the room is not worth the free Thansgiving day turkey meal that is DONATED by companies and served and taken credit for by the HFD. Once again, have a HFD/clubhouse rep. show up at a town meeting and fill the taxpayers in on what you do in your 24 hour mini-vacation at the clubhouse and the need to spend $37,000.00 per day (based on a $13,000,000.00/year budget) for your lack of work.

I am glad you got most of the story right except for the parts about failing the clubhouse membership club test, being a cop, and being armed and dangerous. Your cowardice is shining through. This may be written by a senior citizen, but it's a hfd/clubhouse members mom or dad, thats for sure. If the poster was a cop that continuously calls in sick you would already know that. IT wouldn't be too hard. My suggestion is that you go to the Firemans bookshelf, you remember the picture with write-up in the Observer, and read a little instead of sleeping and watching TV for your $100,000.00 position. Who knows, I hear Harvard and Yale are modeling their libraries after the bookcase. If you are a senior citizen, get some aricept or the excelon patch and realize that the giant tax elephant in the room is not worth the free Thansgiving day turkey meal that is DONATED by companies and served and taken credit for by the HFD. Once again, have a HFD/clubhouse rep. show up at a town meeting and fill the taxpayers in on what you do in your 24 hour mini-vacation at the clubhouse and the need to spend $37,000.00 per day (based on a $13,000,000.00/year budget) for your lack of work.

I see you're posting early today so you must be planning on making a rare visit to Harrison for your 4 to 12 shift. Nice of you to show up for work occasionally. How's your wife's black eye doing?

I called in sick again.........then again, I can every day. We only have 43 cops but 60 firehouse/HFD clubhouse members. You see the clubhouse little rascals, spanky and the whole gang, can answer Police calls during the day. When you get home from work, the 4 cops that are on the next shift can take inventory for all the stuff the burglarized from your house during the day. The evening detective (1), can then do an exhaustive search for your stuff. Another $250,000.00 last week for the clubhouse/HFD for how many fires: lets all chant together. N-O-N-E. You must feel real safe. This clubhouse/HFD is the Lehman Bothers of Harrison, and your stock is now worthless. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest *haligan*
I called in sick again.........then again, I can every day. We only have 43 cops but 60 firehouse/HFD clubhouse members. You see the clubhouse little rascals, spanky and the whole gang, can answer Police calls during the day. When you get home from work, the 4 cops that are on the next shift can take inventory for all the stuff the burglarized from your house during the day. The evening detective (1), can then do an exhaustive search for your stuff. Another $250,000.00 last week for the clubhouse/HFD for how many fires: lets all chant together. N-O-N-E. You must feel real safe. This clubhouse/HFD is the Lehman Bothers of Harrison, and your stock is now worthless. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had a great idea. Fire the entire police dept, deputize the fire dept to make arrests, pay them 50% more for their extra duties. The money saved can pay for FD overtime and we'll still save a boatload of money. And as a bonus, we'll get rid of this moron who calls in sick twice a week.