Absent Teachers

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

My son is in the middle school and there is not a week that goes by without one or more of his teachers being absent. Since they have block periods, which means a really long class period, they are babysat by substitutes for up to 90 mins. From what I've heard, few of the subs speak fluent English and they rarely do anything other than allowing the kids to talk, listen to Ipods and send text messages on their phones. I have a lot of respect for teachers but habitual absenteeism has a very negative impact on the kids.

Guest Guest
My son is in the middle school and there is not a week that goes by without one or more of his teachers being absent. Since they have block periods, which means a really long class period, they are babysat by substitutes for up to 90 mins. From what I've heard, few of the subs speak fluent English and they rarely do anything other than allowing the kids to talk, listen to Ipods and send text messages on their phones. I have a lot of respect for teachers but habitual absenteeism has a very negative impact on the kids.

What they need is Dr. Duffy back in that school. They now have police outside of school which is disturbing to students who do not take part in the violence, or the drugs or the sex that is happening on a daily basis. When Dr. Duffy was there last year this was not going on. Kids are getting high in the 7th grade, what is anyone doing about it?? Girls in the 6th grade giving oral sex and parents are not being called?? What are we waiting for another 13-14 year old pregnancy?? Keeping your blinders on and acting like things are not happening is not helping the situation.

Guest Cedric
Maybe becuase they have not received a raise in how many years????

"because"

why are so many here so educationally challenged? oh right - never mind.

so what then - give up? care not? let the youth of Harrison grow up with little to nothing in the way of an education? really why should they care if these kids develop an attitude of indifference? nice role models, really.

(spare me the "parents need to.........." rant - - cash the paycheck i provide and do the job you were hired for - or leave)

they don't need a raise for lousy performance. they should make the effort to make a difference and then they can whine for a raise.

i know what is proffered on a yearly basis and it is sub-standard. they should stay home - and be replaced.

good day sir. piss off.

Guest SOUP NAZI

Why are the teachers absent so much?

They don't like 4x4

Now

No soup for you!!!!

Guest unemployed

If they are not happy with their pay....THEY CAN FIND A BETTER JOB. I'll take their job with their pay.

Guest Guest

i WOULD FIRST APPLY FOR THE MAYoRS SECRETARY POSITION. SHE IS MAKING $118,000.00 and yearly raises of $15,000.00 at a clip. The right perseon on the "in," could easily start at $100,000.00 plus a signing bonus. Michael Vick or Plaxico Buress would do just fine to even out the color scheme.

Guest Guest
i WOULD FIRST APPLY FOR THE MAYoRS SECRETARY POSITION. SHE IS MAKING $118,000.00 and yearly raises of $15,000.00 at a clip. The right perseon on the "in," could easily start at $100,000.00 plus a signing bonus. Michael Vick or Plaxico Buress would do just fine to even out the color scheme.

:lol::lol: you cry ... but ....:lol:

she works more than five hours a day

:ph34r: more than 180 days /A year :ph34r: take the money and run ..... you out of towner.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest people get dumber
If they are not happy with their pay....THEY CAN FIND A BETTER JOB. I'll take their job with their pay.

well i am sure your are so dumb you cant teach. in their contract they get a certain number of days they can take off. also did you ever hear of being sick. like none of you lazy KOTW people ever took a day off.