Let's have a tea party!

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

Tea parties are becoming very popular and spreading around the country. This one-term junior senator who never held a job where he was in charge of anything, but the loonies thought qualified to run the country, is proving that he's not up to the task. While he's attending Chicago Bull's games and appearing on Leno, Rome is burning. His Finance Director is a tax cheat, his Homeland Security head favors open borders and his VP can't utter a straight sentence without stepping on his tongue. Mumbo and Dumbo (Pelosi and Reid) are working overtime cramming pork into the budget that they expect to pass in one vote next week.

His olive branch to Iraq was thrown back in his face and the Russians laughed at his proposal to cancel the missle shield in Poland.

He gave AIG 160 Billion with no strings attached and is now proposing another Trillion Dollars to be doled out. Forget spending your children's money, he's spending the money of 3 and 4 unborn generations.

I would like to hear Paul respond to this and not agree with me that electing Obama was a huge mistake. But somehow I don't think Paul has ever admitted he was wrong about anything. Of course, not agreeing with me now leaves a lot of room for reconsideration, after all Obama has 3+years to dig the hole deeper.

Tea Party anyone?

Guest Guest
Tea parties are becoming very popular and spreading around the country. This one-term junior senator who never held a job where he was in charge of anything, but the loonies thought qualified to run the country, is proving that he's not up to the task. While he's attending Chicago Bull's games and appearing on Leno, Rome is burning. His Finance Director is a tax cheat, his Homeland Security head favors open borders and his VP can't utter a straight sentence without stepping on his tongue. Mumbo and Dumbo (Pelosi and Reid) are working overtime cramming pork into the budget that they expect to pass in one vote next week.

His olive branch to Iraq was thrown back in his face and the Russians laughed at his proposal to cancel the missle shield in Poland.

He gave AIG 160 Billion with no strings attached and is now proposing another Trillion Dollars to be doled out. Forget spending your children's money, he's spending the money of 3 and 4 unborn generations.

I would like to hear Paul respond to this and not agree with me that electing Obama was a huge mistake. But somehow I don't think Paul has ever admitted he was wrong about anything. Of course, not agreeing with me now leaves a lot of room for reconsideration, after all Obama has 3+years to dig the hole deeper.

Tea Party anyone?

Right on the spot '2smart4u'. Hopefully, the American people will get wiser and see through Obama's inefficient policies and broken promises, and vote for "change" in 2009 by voting in Chris Christie as Governor of NJ.

Guest Studies and Observations

Tea Party anyone?

Not a Bad idea, although, sadly it seems that some of our Legilsators are either too ignorant or dense to get the reference. That saidm perhapt it would be better to send in teabag TABS, rather than the bags themselves, since one Representative here in NJ's staff threatemd to call the police after recieving a Teabag in the mail...MUCH to Rep Adler's chagrin as the story picked up steam and he was cast in a VERY bad light. s**ks to be him

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52586

Guest Keith

Tea Party anyone?

You want to be teabagged?

Guest Guest

Tea Party anyone?

Nobody will care about your childish little games twenty years from now. They will care whether we fixed our health care system, improved education, got away from fossil fuels and rebuilt a sustainable economy. Having stood by the guy who ruined our economy, you're in no position to criticize a new president who is trying to clean up the mess.

Sorry to tell you, but it's going to cost money - just like your house and your car and a college education. It's not free, but if it's done wisely it pays off. That's why it's called investment.

Tea Party anyone?

I'd be happy to have the discussion with you, despite the fact that you've obviously made up your mind and wouldn't change it if Obama walked on water and turned a single ten dollar bill into ten trillion ten dollar bills.

I have two pre-conditions for our discussion. You invited it, so don't let me down.

1. You must register and post under your registered name. That doesn't require you to tell me who you are, only to register so I know that I'm carrying on a discussion with one person, or at least one committee.

2. You must promise to discuss the major issues, and not ignore them. These include:

- getting the economy back on track in the short term, and simultaneously beginning the long term work of:

- rebuilding our infrastructure

- converting to green technologies

- getting away from fossil fuels

- changing our health care system

- improving American education

- restoring the middle class

- rebuilding our manufacturing base

- addressing the threat of terrorism

- rebuilding our international standing

You're playing the same old partisan game of nit-picking and making small talk loudly, when we have major issues to address. If we had invested in our future over these past several decades, a little at a time, we wouldn't need these major outlays now. But we didn't do that, so now we need to do this. I'm 55 years old, an age when I'd like to be heading toward retirement, and I don't like it any more than you do. But it has to be done.

Guest Guest
Not a Bad idea, although, sadly it seems that some of our Legilsators are either too ignorant or dense to get the reference. That saidm perhapt it would be better to send in teabag TABS, rather than the bags themselves, since one Representative here in NJ's staff threatemd to call the police after recieving a Teabag in the mail...MUCH to Rep Adler's chagrin as the story picked up steam and he was cast in a VERY bad light. s**ks to be him

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52586

It's a stupid idea. Historically it's inaccurate. We are represented.

But the stupidest thing about it is the idea that we should always revolt against taxes. Taxes are necessary. If we don't have them, then either we will go without things we need or the government will run a huge debt. One way or the other, sooner or later, Americans will pay the price. If we pay a little from the beginning, we can manage. If we try to avoid the issue, we'll end up paying a lot more later and our kids will suffer and our nation will decline.

This knee jerk anti-tax stuff put us in the mess we're in today. Bush sold gullible people on the idea that cutting taxes by a few hundred dollars for most Americans and by millions for the rich was going to put more money in our pockets. Well, do you have more money in your pocket as a result? No, you don't. Bush robbed you blind and you still don't see it - well, you wouldn't since he robbed you blind.

Anyway, Obama is cutting taxes in the short term. It's true that we'll need to pay off the debt later, but first we have to get the economy back on track so that people are making enough money to pay taxes.

Guest EPHIE1594

Tea Party anyone

FIRST OF ALL, AS AN OBAMA SUPPORTER I RESENT BEING CALLED A LOONIE. BARACK HAS ONLY BEEN IN OFFICE 60 DAYS AND THOSE LIKE YOURSELF WHO DID NOT SUPPORT HIM ARE STILL CRYING IN YOUR ELECTION DAY BEER. "ROME IS BURNING" LMAO OBAMA'S APPEARACE ON LENO WAS THE LAST THING HE DID ON A TWO DAY TRIP TO CALIFORNIA WHERE HE ATTENDED TOWN MEETINGS AND MET WITH THE GOVERNOR, BECAUSE CALIFORNIA IS ONE OF THE STATES HIT HARDEST WITH THE RECESSION.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE ANYONE GOT THE IDEA THAT OBAMA WANTS TO OPEN OUR BORDERS tTHE WHITE HOUSE WEB PAGE OUTLINING ADMISISTRATION'S HOMELAND SECURITY AGENDA CONTAINS AN ENTRY TITLED "IMPROVE BORDER SECURITY, ELABORATING THAT THE ADMINISTRATION WILL SOPPORT THE VIRTUAL AND PHYSICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND MANPOWER NECESSARY TO SECURE OUR BORDERS AND KEEP OUR NATION SAFE." YOU MUST BE MISINFORMED.

NEWSFLASH!!!! OBAMA OFFERED THE OLIVE BRANCH TO IRAN NOT IRAQ, WHICH I THINK IS A GOOD IDEA. IN THE FUTURE, IF WE NEED TO RETALIATE AGAINST IRAN. WE CAN GO TO THE UN AND SAY WELL, WE TRIED TO NEGOCIATE AND THEY TURNED US DOWN.

IN CONCLUSION, MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE A WHINE AND CHEESE AT THAT TEA PARTY YOUR PLANNING.

Guest 2smart4u
I'd be happy to have the discussion with you, despite the fact that you've obviously made up your mind and wouldn't change it if Obama walked on water and turned a single ten dollar bill into ten trillion ten dollar bills.

I have two pre-conditions for our discussion. You invited it, so don't let me down.

1. You must register and post under your registered name. That doesn't require you to tell me who you are, only to register so I know that I'm carrying on a discussion with one person, or at least one committee.

2. You must promise to discuss the major issues, and not ignore them. These include:

- getting the economy back on track in the short term, and simultaneously beginning the long term work of:

You're playing the same old partisan game of nit-picking and making small talk loudly, when we have major issues to address. If we had invested in our future over these past several decades, a little at a time, we wouldn't need these major outlays now. But we didn't do that, so now we need to do this. I'm 55 years old, an age when I'd like to be heading toward retirement, and I don't like it any more than you do. But it has to be done.

From your response I can only assume you have no complaints with any aspect of the Obama administration. No complaints with thr AIG fiasco, no complaints with the outrageous pork stuffed into the biggest budget in world history that will take generations to pay back, if ever.

Sounds to me like the same old partisan game of "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil". How could we ever have any kind of discussion on anything when you're incapable of critical thinking.

Guest Guest
From your response I can only assume you have no complaints with any aspect of the Obama administration. No complaints with thr AIG fiasco, no complaints with the outrageous pork stuffed into the biggest budget in world history that will take generations to pay back, if ever.

Sounds to me like the same old partisan game of "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil". How could we ever have any kind of discussion on anything when you're incapable of critical thinking.

You are right about one thing. You ASSumed.

You were asked to discuss issues and you have refused. Case closed.

Guest Guest

From his response I conclude, based on the evidence instead of assumption, that he favors Obama and the Democrats but is willing to think about and discuss the issues.

From your response I conclude (again, based on the evidence, not an assumption) that you are a right wing nutjob who refuses to think about issues, much less discuss them.

We all know that AIG bonuses are a fiasco, that there is pork in the budget (duh) and that we are in debt. We also know that we got into this mess by deregulating everything and ignoring long-term problems for decades because we bought a bill of goods from the radical right that said government was the enemy.

We also know that if we don't invest in the future, we won't have one. That means spending money. I don't mind borrowing money right now if it's used for things that will make our future more secure, like new sources of energy and education. Obama is doing that, which probably is why you refuse to discuss it. He's not perfect, but he beats the hell out of Bush and McCain.

Guest KEITH

The AIG fiasco happend on Bush's watch.

Guest Guest

Don't forget that ineffectual "lapdog"; (tried watchdog, just didn't fit) Barney Frank. The guys been on Banking/Financial Services for years and causes more harm than good. How he never has to sit at the table that he is always barking at is beyond me. No, I'm not a homophobe, but when someone proves their incompetence, I will call them on it.

No one with a half a brain could defend Frank's poor excuse for a political career. Voted for by the fine folk of MA, the same people that have sent a murderer to the Senate for the last 40+ years.

Guest Guest

I know the Loonies will be blaming Bush for every Obama screw-up but unless you're really stupid you have to know that Obama owns the AIG mess.

Guest Guest

As usual @DUMB4WORDS reveals what a hypocritical POS he is.

WHERE was the whining when Bush was on vacation for record amounts while Rome was burning?

And where is the same old "CONGRESS voted for war" when you speak of other acts voted for by Congress?

Guest Guest

As President Obama said during the campaign, Republicans try to make big elections be about small things. You lost the election because you did that, and you're still doing it. It's all you can do because your position on the big issues, the ones that most affect our lives, is a disaster.

Guest Guest
Don't forget that ineffectual "lapdog"; (tried watchdog, just didn't fit) Barney Frank. The guys been on Banking/Financial Services for years and causes more harm than good. How he never has to sit at the table that he is always barking at is beyond me. No, I'm not a homophobe, but when someone proves their incompetence, I will call them on it.

No one with a half a brain could defend Frank's poor excuse for a political career. Voted for by the fine folk of MA, the same people that have sent a murderer to the Senate for the last 40+ years.

You really just hate people who don't agree with you, don't you. Problem is that when you do that, you can't think straight. And it shows.

Guest Guest
As usual @DUMB4WORDS reveals what a hypocritical POS he is.

WHERE was the whining when Bush was on vacation for record amounts while Rome was burning?

And where is the same old "CONGRESS voted for war" when you speak of other acts voted for by Congress?

Most, if not all, presidents vacation while in office. It would be safe to assume that they have "war rooms" at these locations. I'm not sure that Leno's green room had the same facilities or equipment; or for that matter Obama's ongoing campaign. By the way, you do know that the Democrats controlled BOTH houses for the last two years, right?

Guest ephie1594
I know the Loonies will be blaming Bush for every Obama screw-up but unless you're really stupid you have to know that Obama owns the AIG mess.

Whatever!!!! Just like Bush owns 9/11 and the Iraq war

lmao for 8 years every screw up GW Bush had was somehow twisted and turned to blame Clinton it got comical especially after the second election

Guest Guest

lmao for 8 years every screw up GW Bush had was somehow twisted and turned to blame Clinton it got comical especially after the second election

Bush owns 9/11 ?? Damn, all along I've been thinking Bin Laden owned it. I'm glad you corrected me.

Guest Guest
Most, if not all, presidents vacation while in office. It would be safe to assume that they have "war rooms" at these locations. I'm not sure that Leno's green room had the same facilities or equipment; or for that matter Obama's ongoing campaign. By the way, you do know that the Democrats controlled BOTH houses for the last two years, right?

Most presidents don't ignore direct warnings of an impending attack on the country. I don't care how many rooms he had. He ignored a direct warning about an attack by Al Qaeda on US soil five weeks before it happened. That's inexcusable. He should have been impeached for it.

The people who STILL defend Bush (my God, can you believe it?!) point out that we weren't attacked again after 9/11. Well guess what, we haven't been atttacked at all under Obama.

And how many times do we have to remind you that the Democrats didn't have enough votes to override Bush's vetoes, or even get past a Republican filibuster in the Senate? You Republicans just pick little pieces of information that you think supports your point, but you don't look at the whole picture - which is how we got into an unnecessary war we can't get out of.

You guys practically ruined this country. If you had any sense of shame, you'd go crawl in a hole.

- restoring- improving American education

- addressing the threat of terrorism the middle class

You're starting to sound..... Republican!!!

lmao for 8 years every screw up BJ Clinton had was somehow twisted and turned to blame Reagan/Bush. it got comical especially after the second election

Guest 2smart4u
As President Obama said during the campaign, Republicans try to make big elections be about small things. You lost the election because you did that, and you're still doing it. It's all you can do because your position on the big issues, the ones that most affect our lives, is a disaster.

"small things" . Only a far left Loony could characterize throwing 160+ Billion (with no strings or guidelines) down AIG's rathole as a small thing. I'm still waiting for a Loony to admit that they make a mistake by voting for this inexperienced, naive, no work experience managing anything, tax and spend, solve everything by throwing money at it Socialist.