The MARKS- STEVENSON Connection

Guest School Watch

Guest School Watch

When people are losing their jobs and homes in Kearny, its safe to say that the MARKS and STEVENSON famlies will ride this RECESSION out without any problems. Membership and Politics have been very good these famlies. Oh by the way Taxes will rise again, we have to pay for their salaries some way. Time to Change the Climate in which we make decisions on the Board. Lets get rid of the Board Famlies First Mindset. Lets make change that will work for us instead of for them. TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE!!!!!!!!

Guest member
When people are losing their jobs and homes in Kearny, its safe to say that the MARKS and STEVENSON famlies will ride this RECESSION out without any problems. Membership and Politics have been very good these famlies. Oh by the way Taxes will rise again, we have to pay for their salaries some way. Time to Change the Climate in which we make decisions on the Board. Lets get rid of the Board Famlies First Mindset. Lets make change that will work for us instead of for them. TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE!!!!!!!!

I agree , there is alot of cleaning up to do in the High School and the board. Marks has done nothing but start trouble and it seems that Stevenson is rite behind her sniffing her +++. If you care about the school System or the amount of taxes you pay ,GET RID OF THEM. They are killing the school system .

Guest Guest

How childish.

Guest Guest

Yeah, and elect who? You?

Whaddya gonna do, wear a bag over your head at council meetings?

Why do I get the feeling this is the same person who has been posting against Mayor Santos?

Guest Guest
I agree , there is alot of cleaning up to do in the High School and the board. Marks has done nothing but start trouble and it seems that Stevenson is rite behind her sniffing her +++. If you care about the school System or the amount of taxes you pay ,GET RID OF THEM. They are killing the school system .

Stevenson isn't even up this year.

As for Marks . . . does anyone have any idea what this nimnode is talking about?

Guest School Watch

Politics, Power, and Nepotism have been the RULE on the Kearny Board of Education for years. The time is now to make changes by electing people who are fair minded and will address the plight of struggling famlies who need to find work to help feed their children, pay the mortgage, property taxes,etc. Rosemary Martins-Marks and David Stevenson have never really had an understanding of what regular people go through everyday because their famlies have gained from the political system. They can get on their soapbox and say how they care about the Kearny Schools but I believe they don't because if they did why does Marks send her child to private school, and Stevenson with no other interest in the school system other than his wife working in the system for big money and possibly looking at a promotion if her husband gets control of this Board. These are the things the parents and TAXPAYERS OF KEARNY need to take into consideration when voting in this upcoming School Election this coming April. LETS BRING BACK FAIRNESS TO OUR CHILDREN AND TOWN BY ELECTING PEOPLE WHO HAVE A FULL INTEREST IN MAKING OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM THE BEST FOR EVERYONE AND NOT JUST A CERTAIN GROUP!!!!!!! SCHOOL TAXES WILL RISE AGAIN SO HOLD ONTO YOUR WALLETS!!!

Guest Guest
Politics, Power, and Nepotism have been the RULE on the Kearny Board of Education for years. The time is now to make changes by electing people who are fair minded and will address the plight of struggling famlies who need to find work to help feed their children, pay the mortgage, property taxes,etc. Rosemary Martins-Marks and David Stevenson have never really had an understanding of what regular people go through everyday because their famlies have gained from the political system. They can get on their soapbox and say how they care about the Kearny Schools but I believe they don't because if they did why does Marks send her child to private school, and Stevenson with no other interest in the school system other than his wife working in the system for big money and possibly looking at a promotion if her husband gets control of this Board. These are the things the parents and TAXPAYERS OF KEARNY need to take into consideration when voting in this upcoming School Election this coming April. LETS BRING BACK FAIRNESS TO OUR CHILDREN AND TOWN BY ELECTING PEOPLE WHO HAVE A FULL INTEREST IN MAKING OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM THE BEST FOR EVERYONE AND NOT JUST A CERTAIN GROUP!!!!!!! SCHOOL TAXES WILL RISE AGAIN SO HOLD ONTO YOUR WALLETS!!!

You're still not saying anything. This is just the usual friends-and-family program for someone you won't even name. Must be a real winner.

Meanwhile, Marks is a good Board member and Stevenson isn't even running this year.

Guest School Watch

Why does Board Member Rosemary Martins-Marks send her child to private school. Are the Kearny Schools that bad to send your child to our schools?????

Guest Guest
Why does Board Member Rosemary Martins-Marks send her child to private school. Are the Kearny Schools that bad to send your child to our schools?????

The short answer is yes. The Kearny school system is in bad shape not because of the schools itself or the policy, it’s mainly because the parents. Money is not the problem; we pay the highest taxes in the area for our schools. As far as quality teacher, I hope were getting our money worth because most of the teachers are getting paid pretty well, that also goes for our board of ed.

Now I know some parent that actually care are going to get upset, but can you honestly say that you’re in the majority about caring for your kids. Go down the Kearny Ave at night and see how many kids you see after 1AM, or better yet at lunch time go sit down at a restaurant that the kids eat at. Most if not all are talking about who was with who, how they get trashed last night or who they slept with.

As for private school why wouldn’t you send your kid there? Your kid will generally get better grades, make better friend and probably have a better experience then in public school. For example, a bully beats your son/daughter up in public school he goes to detention for a week or so and come back to the class to hurt or bullies your kid again. In a private school the kid is kicked out, he’s another school problem.

So whatever board member is elected it’s not going to make a difference. Most parents don’t even know who on the board. In the future I hope there is a voucher system put in place so I’m not forced to send my kid here.

Guest Guest

It's her choice and it's none of your business. I'm interested in the job she does as a Board member. You're trying to throw stones at her, but obviously you don't have any.

What's the real reason you're trying to attack her? It looks like some sort of personal vendetta. Don't be surprised if she gets the most votes of anyone with you going after her like this.

Guest guest

Recently these 2 BOE members tried to have 2 other BOE members brought up on charges. They were afraid that JM - who is running for re-election, might not vote with them for things they really wanted. They tried ousting her and JC, because his notary expired and by mistake he notarized JM petition to run for re-election. It backfired.

By doing all this, the public is now able to see what these 2 are all about. It's not for the children and it's not about education, as RMM signs say, it is about these 2 people trying to controll a school district.

Guest Guest
Recently these 2 BOE members tried to have 2 other BOE members brought up on charges. They were afraid that JM - who is running for re-election, might not vote with them for things they really wanted. They tried ousting her and JC, because his notary expired and by mistake he notarized JM petition to run for re-election. It backfired.

By doing all this, the public is now able to see what these 2 are all about. It's not for the children and it's not about education, as RMM signs say, it is about these 2 people trying to controll a school district.

What the hell are you talking about? Assuming any of this is even true, somebody made a mistake and tried to notarize a petition. Anyone could have notarized it. That has nothing to do with trying to control a school district.

Just because they run for office and you don't like them doesn't mean they're doing something wrong.

And if that's the best their opponents can come up with, I'm voting for them.

Guest Curious
What the hell are you talking about? Assuming any of this is even true, somebody made a mistake and tried to notarize a petition. Anyone could have notarized it. That has nothing to do with trying to control a school district.

Just because they run for office and you don't like them doesn't mean they're doing something wrong.

Well, the hearing was public to discuss the petition, who was there? My understanding is that there was some heated discussions and accusations flew.

Guest gUEST

These 2 people go around trying to make deals. It is pretty scary. Just ask current board members what I'm talking about. If they have any integrity, they will tell you the truth.

Guest Guest
These 2 people go around trying to make deals. It is pretty scary. Just ask current board members what I'm talking about. If they have any integrity, they will tell you the truth.

What's scary is that you think you just said anything. Everybody in business and public life makes deals. What kind of deals? In other words . . .

What are you talking about?

Guest guest
What's scary is that you think you just said anything. Everybody in business and public life makes deals. What kind of deals? In other words . . .

What are you talking about?

Deals to return a superintendent. That's what I'm talking about.

Guest guest
Stop speaking in codes. Say what you mean and back it up with facts or stop wasting our time.

It is not code. Stevenson and Marks have been having conversations with the superintendent of ***********. They are trying to stack the board with votes for *********and against Dr. Kiss.