More F----- Money !

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

Another "SPECIAL" council meeting and another 8.5 million dollars ($8,500,000.) borrowed to finance this redevelopment that is turning into a financial disaster for the town. I think this mayor and council are trying to compete with Obama to see who can spend the most money.

I would like to know how many millions this town has borrowed to finance this fiasco, I lost track about 20 million ago.

Harrison taxpayers are going to paying for this massive debt for generation to come and I don't see or hear anyone complaining about it.

Guest Guest
Another "SPECIAL" council meeting and another 8.5 million dollars ($8,500,000.) borrowed to finance this redevelopment that is turning into a financial disaster for the town. I think this mayor and council are trying to compete with Obama to see who can spend the most money.

I would like to know how many millions this town has borrowed to finance this fiasco, I lost track about 20 million ago.

Harrison taxpayers are going to paying for this massive debt for generation to come and I don't see or hear anyone complaining about it.

We don't complain. We just vote "Row A" like we are supposed to do.

Guest Guest

Maybe they realize the Redevelopment will be this town's salvation!

Guest Guest

That is not the only thing We have to worry about, what about the loan they have to get to pay Bunns Her owed none used sick and vacation days and what ever else they owe Her for. That is over 1 million

Guest Harrison Zombie

The mayor said everything is OK, just make sure to vote Row A in the next election. I believe him cause he would never lie.

Guest Guest

YOu really think so! I hear that thoes town homes they built on the river are like living house make of sticks! Everything they put in there is made so cheaply. The windows are so drafty, that it is hard to keep the place warm even if you pump up the heat! We are in a recession people. No one is buying. People are loosing thier jobs, homes and investments. Who in thier right mind would go out and get a mortgage now? The banks are being very hard on people try to borrow money now. So why is Harrison still building? Where are all the cars going to park? You can't park now!

Guest GUEST
That is not the only thing We have to worry about, what about the loan they have to get to pay Bunns Her owed none used sick and vacation days and what ever else they owe Her for. That is over 1 million

I tought the 'vacation days' had to be used up at the end of the following year or else you 'lost' them?

True or not? Can they be 'accumulated' like sick days?

Guest out of towner

<_<

YOu really think so! I hear that thoes town homes they built on the river are like living house make of sticks! Everything they put in there is made so cheaply. The windows are so drafty, that it is hard to keep the place warm even if you pump up the heat! We are in a recession people. No one is buying. People are loosing thier jobs, homes and investments. Who in thier right mind would go out and get a mortgage now? The banks are being very hard on people try to borrow money now. So why is Harrison still building? Where are all the cars going to park? You can't park now!

You could't park 10 years ago..Im glad i moved out that town :angry:

Guest Guest

The Bun isn't getting over 1 million. She is getting only a little over 800K.

Guest Guest

Good news for Harrison home owners. Because they are not able to sell their new condos, they are going to rent them. So if you own a two family house in Harrison, and rent one apartment to help pay the expenses, you will have to compete for tenants with the new tax abated apartments. Our mayor and council have really screwed this one up.

Guest Guest

Our taxes have gone up every year since they started this redevelopment if this continues no one will be around when the redevelopment is complete. Only those with tax abatements will survive.

Guest BlueTideBacker

Only in Harrison could you have a situation where a secretary retires and gets a million dollar? payoff of unused sicktime. Just another reason why Harrison needs a professional Business Administrator or Town Manager. It should be obvious to everyone that plumbers, janitors, etc. aren't qualified or equiped to manage the financial business of this town.

Sixty million? or more ($60,000,000. +) borrowed to finance this redevelopment that's going no where (now they're trying to rent the condos they can't sell), an under-staffed police dept. that won't be able to handle security at the soccer stadium (if it ever opens), but they have enough money to reward retirees with huge payoffs. Even the Harrison Zombies must be able to see this gameshow mentality of these Row A idiots.

Guest guest

The new name for Hariison may be "Lehman Brothers." You forgot to mention the $37,000.00/day fire dept./clubhouse. Thats more than some folks make in a year. The A-Rod contract of NJ.

Guest Guest
The new name for Hariison may be "Lehman Brothers." You forgot to mention the $37,000.00/day fire dept./clubhouse. Thats more than some folks make in a year. The A-Rod contract of NJ.

Where's "Hariison" ?? I can see how you flunked the FD exam, dummy.

Guest guest

Duh my name is George & it's time to tend the rabbits Duh huh huh huh

Guest guest

If it's a $13 million dollar budget for the hfd/clubhouse, it is what it is. What did the clubhouse members do to earn $250,000.00 over the past week? Thats what it cost. Just explain it to the people and maybe they will understand. I do not!! Thats why the town is going broke. Disband that bottomless money pit and you will see a big step towards fiscal recovery and eventually tax relief. Maybe some families won't have to foreclose on their homes or go without basic necessities due to this disaster of of nepotism and payola.

Guest Harrison Taxpayer
If it's a $13 million dollar budget for the hfd/clubhouse, it is what it is. What did the clubhouse members do to earn $250,000.00 over the past week? Thats what it cost. Just explain it to the people and maybe they will understand. I do not!! Thats why the town is going broke. Disband that bottomless money pit and you will see a big step towards fiscal recovery and eventually tax relief. Maybe some families won't have to foreclose on their homes or go without basic necessities due to this disaster of of nepotism and payola.

$13 million? That's money well spent, I can sleep peacefully at night knowing these guys are minutes away. God bless our firefighters.

Guest guest

Is the best that you can do is point out spelling mistakes? Why not point out that if they disband the fire dept. and just let Kearny cover Harrison for the fire each year that in five years that will save $60 million plus interest. I am sure Kearny one of the $13 million and thats 12 million for Harrison. Thats just one example of nepotism and cronyism. $60 million over the next five years can lower an awful amount of taxes and really, for once, make people and businesses want to come to Harrison, not just buy houses to wareless illegals and live somewhere else. FOLLOW THE MONEY< ITS THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!

Guest Harrison Taxpayer Too
$13 million? That's money well spent, I can sleep peacefully at night knowing these guys are minutes away. God bless our firefighters.

I'm with you, Taxpayer. It's money well spent.

Guest Harrison Taxpayer Too
Is the best that you can do is point out spelling mistakes? Why not point out that if they disband the fire dept. and just let Kearny cover Harrison for the fire each year that in five years that will save $60 million plus interest. I am sure Kearny one of the $13 million and thats 12 million for Harrison. Thats just one example of nepotism and cronyism. $60 million over the next five years can lower an awful amount of taxes and really, for once, make people and businesses want to come to Harrison, not just buy houses to wareless illegals and live somewhere else. FOLLOW THE MONEY< ITS THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!

Why aren't you concerned with the costs of your unlimited sicktime. Let's follow that money.

Guest Guest
Only in Harrison could you have a situation where a secretary retires and gets a million dollar? payoff of unused sicktime. Just another reason why Harrison needs a professional Business Administrator or Town Manager. It should be obvious to everyone that plumbers, janitors, etc. aren't qualified or equiped to manage the financial business of this town.

Sixty million? or more ($60,000,000. +) borrowed to finance this redevelopment that's going no where (now they're trying to rent the condos they can't sell), an under-staffed police dept. that won't be able to handle security at the soccer stadium (if it ever opens), but they have enough money to reward retirees with huge payoffs. Even the Harrison Zombies must be able to see this gameshow mentality of these Row A idiots.

I think you're just jealous because the Bun has won.