KHS Wrestleing

exbluetider

With all the negetivity that seems to prevail on this forum it might be worthwhile to have some positive postings. I'm referring to the outstanding season the KHS wrestling team has had this season. These young men have devoted enormous time and energy to try to achieve some level of success, and in my estimation, they have proven to be up to the task. It's not over yet by any means. The districts are completed and eight of the athletes have advanced to the regionals that will be contested in the coming week. Hopefully, all eight will advance to the state finals in Atlantic City. However if some do not advance, we can still say to ALL of them.....WELL DONE. Lets hear it for the guys.

With all the negetivity that seems to prevail on this forum it might be worthwhile to have some positive postings. I'm referring to the outstanding season the KHS wrestling team has had this season. These young men have devoted enormous time and energy to try to achieve some level of success, and in my estimation, they have proven to be up to the task. It's not over yet by any means. The districts are completed and eight of the athletes have advanced to the regionals that will be contested in the coming week. Hopefully, all eight will advance to the state finals in Atlantic City. However if some do not advance, we can still say to ALL of them.....WELL DONE. Lets hear it for the guys.

That is excellent. Who is the coach?

Guest Wrestling Supporter

Great Job Coach Carratura and all the wrestlers. Where are the regions being held and what are the times.

Great Job Coach Carratura and all the wrestlers. Where are the regions being held and what are the times.

The regionals are to be held on Tues. 2/24 @6:00pm at West Orange HS, 51 Conforti Ave......it would be nice if some of us could make the effort to show up and support these young men. As an aside, one thing I failed to mention in my earlier post, KHS placed 2nd to St. Peter's Prep. in the regionals. Quite an accomplishment without the benefit of "scholarships".

Guest Kearny's Own
The regionals are to be held on Tues. 2/24 @6:00pm at West Orange HS, 51 Conforti Ave......it would be nice if some of us could make the effort to show up and support these young men. As an aside, one thing I failed to mention in my earlier post, KHS placed 2nd to St. Peter's Prep. in the regionals. Quite an accomplishment without the benefit of "scholarships".

With exception.....

It would have been better to celebrate the success of Kardinal Wrestling this year for what the team and each individual wrestler accomplished. Give the kids who worked their butts off the props. Don't diminish it by suggesting that there was unfair advantage somewhere else. I might think you were implying that there was a better program or coach downtown. I know you didn't mean to do that.

Guest *concerned parent*

It is amazining that they have eight going since it went around that 3 boys were disqualified because of biting..Coach Carrataura is an excellent coach though

With exception.....

It would have been better to celebrate the success of Kardinal Wrestling this year for what the team and each individual wrestler accomplished. Give the kids who worked their butts off the props. Don't diminish it by suggesting that there was unfair advantage somewhere else. I might think you were implying that there was a better program or coach downtown. I know you didn't mean to do that.

You're absolutely right and I apologize for inferring there is an unfair advantage. But, the reason I inserted that little innuendo was to point out KHS's success was accomplished with "home-grown" talent and not through the importation of young men from outside any sending area. MEA CUPLA

Guest Kearny's Own
You're absolutely right and I apologize for inferring there is an unfair advantage. But, the reason I inserted that little innuendo was to point out KHS's success was accomplished with "home-grown" talent and not through the importation of young men from outside any sending area. MEA CUPLA

Home grown was exactly my thinking as well. That's the great thing about it. Unfortunately there is a shortage of Kearny sons (and daughters) looking to answer the call.

We need to generate more interest for our athletic programs and integrate the younger, "REC", groups better to strengthen the high school teams and keep them competitive.

Easier said then done I know, especially with all the distractions kids have these days, but it must be done.

So yes we need to support what is going on now with at least attendance at the events and then a celebration of all and any achievement, even if it is just for participation.

No need to apoligize. I understood what you meant and my experience has been that your posts are not made with the intent of malice towards anyone.

I just wanted to ackowledge their success and stress that we need to draw attention to the thing we can effect, (the youth of this town) and not that which is outside our control.

Guest kearny's Own

Home grown was exactly my thinking as well. That's the great thing about it.

Unfortunately there is a shortage of Kearny sons (and daughters) looking to answer the call.

We need to generate more interest for our athletic programs and integrate the younger, "REC", groups better to strengthen the high school teams and keep them competitive.

Easier said then done I know, especially with all the distractions kids have these days, but it must be done.

You're correct - yes we need to support what is going on now with at least attendance at the events and of course a celebration of all and any achievement, even if it is just for participation.

BTW -No need to apologize. I understood what you meant and my experience has been that your posts are not made with intent of malice towards anyone.

I just wanted to acknowledge their success and stress that we need to draw attention to the thing we can effect, (the youth of this town) and not that which is outside our control.

• 2 weeks later...