Fire Captain above and beyond

Guest Guest

Has the Town forgot they have a hiring freeze, or does that go with the way the wind blows? Was the NEW Fire Captain hired to replace someone or was he a add on? The Town wants to take a Police D/C away so they can make more Fire Captains. Who's getting the "**" the mayor or D'Arco? Where does this end?

Has the Town forgot they have a hiring freeze, or does that go with the way the wind blows? Was the NEW Fire Captain hired to replace someone or was he a add on? The Town wants to take a Police D/C away so they can make more Fire Captains. Who's getting the "**" the mayor or D'Arco? Where does this end?

Please, now we're going to be like Harrison, cops griping about the FD. Just shut up and do your job.

Please, now we're going to be like Harrison, cops griping about the FD. Just shut up and do your job.

Why do you Automatically assume the poster is a Cop?? The intent to allow the Police D/C's to drop from 3 to 2 through attrition has been understood from the day that they MADE the third DC, at the expense of a Line Supervision (Sgt) position. The PD and the FD in town share a MUCH better relationship than they do in Harrison, as MOST of the troublemakers on both sides that still held onto the old animosity have retired. the Question Remains though, have they changed the Table of Organization (T.O.) of the Fire Dept, which would require a resolution from the Council, or did someone Retire?

Hired to REPLACE a retiring member! Next question.

He was made as a replacement. This isn't the Harrison Fire Dept where they make 8 extra captains because they are related to someone politically.

Guest Harrison Senior
He was made as a replacement. This isn't the Harrison Fire Dept where they make 8 extra captains because they are related to someone politically.

The moron Harrison cop is now spreading his cheer in Kearny.

Here is a thought, who cares....if your not a firefighter who is on the list for captain or a deputy chief in the police department it shouldn't make one difference to you.

I care. I pay taxes. They keep going up. Why? So they can make more Fire Captains? What is the TO on Fire Captains?

:ninja: Who did he replace? Let's here more lies? Did they change the T.O.? Who pays you to Lie? :ph34r:

Look out, there are people hiding under your bed. "paranoia, paranoia everyone is coming to get me!!"

I care. I pay taxes. They keep going up. Why? So they can make more Fire Captains? What is the TO on Fire Captains?

I agree with you. But maybe we should be asking in these troubled times why are the police and fire dept. hiring people who never lived in this town or do not care about this .

town.

Plenty of young men and woman who need a job that live in this town. Other towns have srtict residency requirements so should Keearny.

:ninja: Who did he replace? Let's here more lies? Did they change the T.O.? Who pays you to Lie? :ph34r:

I think this person has a valid request. Why not answer? Do you have something to hide?

Guest YOUR ALL NUTS
I think this person has a valid request. Why not answer? Do you have something to hide?

The retired Fire Captain was Capt. Beesley, he retired effective February 1, 2009. This information is public record, it was resolution number 2737 at the Tuesday January 13, 2008 Council Meeting.

Capt. Nardone was promoted effective February 1, 2009 (Pending Promotional Processing)

The promotion was done to aviod the additional expense of having to pay overtime to replace Capt. Beesley whenever his tour was scheduled to work. Oh my goodness, fiscal responsibility (ALTHOUGH YOU'LL SAY THAT THERE WAS A HIDDEN AGENDA)

This is, once again, a logical explaination that IS PUBLIC RECORD.

But the truth isn't important on this site, as it's difficult to SPIN TO YOUR BENEFIT

Guest ENOUGH ALREADY
I agree with you. But maybe we should be asking in these troubled times why are the police and fire dept. hiring people who never lived in this town or do not care about this .

town.

Plenty of young men and woman who need a job that live in this town. Other towns have srtict residency requirements so should Keearny.

IT'S CALLED THE NAACP CONSENT AGREEMENT. IT'S BEEN IN EFFECT FOR THE LAST 10-12 YEARS, THE TOWN HAS TO OPEN ALL CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS TO RESIDENTS OF HUDSON AND ESSEX COUNTY, WAKE UP ALREADY.

town.

its either one of two things....people in kearny score less on tests and therefor can't compete with outside test takers for the police or fire...(cause its just a test , nothing more...) I dont think this is the case in kearny.. or kearny residents just aren't taking the tests. You can see the face of the town has changed alot over the years and law enforcement isn't something big in the portugese and hispanic communities. If the mayor and town council want kearny residents to be hired they should put forth an aggresive recruitment campaign with articles in the papers in both english, spanish, and portuegse..I would bet if they put in the article that you will be making over 100 grand a year in 5 years then i bet enrollment will be through the roof.

as it is, dont complain if you didn't get hired by the fire department or police department because you couldn't score high enough on the test. if you scored a 85 and people from hoboken scored a 95 well they are gonna get the job, Do not be mad that they are in the score pool to begin with...just work harder next time. Think to yourself, wouldn't you rather the highest score takers in the county then just the people in line in town? i mean putting i live in kearny on my resume shouldn't be worth squat when it comes to getting a job...just my opinion though..im sure you will all disagree with me..

town.

The town had to change it's residency requirements ot be Sued by the NAACP because of the lack of Minority Employees in the Police and Fire Departments. While the PD has fixed this over the years the Ethnic Disparity is still there in the FD, which has a much lower turnover rate than the PD does. This has been asked and answered many times at Town Council meetings.

IT'S CALLED THE NAACP CONSENT AGREEMENT. IT'S BEEN IN EFFECT FOR THE LAST 10-12 YEARS, THE TOWN HAS TO OPEN ALL CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS TO RESIDENTS OF HUDSON AND ESSEX COUNTY, WAKE UP ALREADY.
THANKS TO COUNCILWOMAN DOYLE!!!

I understand that!! Just wondering why Kearny kids can not get hired in Newark and JC or Bayonne seems like a double standard. I know all about the conscent agreement. No need to get feisty just a question!!