Town Clerk

Guest Irate taxpayer

Guest Irate taxpayer

Your kidding me right????Is it true D'Arco got the town clerk job? I hear he wanted her job all along. I just wish I knew how much it cost us taxpayers for the harrassment suit she won.....Guess it don't matter he got what he wanted.........I cannot believe the Mayor and council is allowing this sort of thing to go on. I sure am glad it's and election year.

Your kidding me right????Is it true D'Arco got the town clerk job? I hear he wanted her job all along. I just wish I knew how much it cost us taxpayers for the harrassment suit she won.....Guess it don't matter he got what he wanted.........I cannot believe the Mayor and council is allowing this sort of thing to go on. I sure am glad it's and election year.

The majority of the Council does not care!!!! They believe he is wonderful. That is because they all are drinking the same kool aid. They ask no questions, must not read what they are voting on, do not talk or listen to anyone. Everyone can't be wrong!

We will pay for all of the lawsuits he has created, two fireman, town clerk, crossing guards, policeman. Insurance rates are based on use. Between the legal fees and payouts, rates will probably double. Plus legal fees for all grievences that do not make it to court.

He can be the tax collector tomorrow, she quit last week too! Fourteen years on the job a $128,00 salary and she quit.

Who is next Fire Chief, Police Chief, Health Officer?

He can be the Administrator, Town Clerk, UEZ Coordinator, Tax Collector, Fire Cheif, Police Chief and Health Officer!!

Employee moral is at an all time low. No one will speak for fear of retaliation. This group makes Leo and Czech look like

saints.

The majority of the Council does not care!!!! They believe he is wonderful. That is because they all are drinking the same kool aid. They ask no questions, must not read what they are voting on, do not talk or listen to anyone. Everyone can't be wrong!

We will pay for all of the lawsuits he has created, two fireman, town clerk, crossing guards, policeman. Insurance rates are based on use. Between the legal fees and payouts, rates will probably double. Plus legal fees for all grievences that do not make it to court.

He can be the tax collector tomorrow, she quit last week too! Fourteen years on the job a $128,00 salary and she quit.

Who is next Fire Chief, Police Chief, Health Officer?

He can be the Administrator, Town Clerk, UEZ Coordinator, Tax Collector, Fire Cheif, Police Chief and Health Officer!!

Employee moral is at an all time low. No one will speak for fear of retaliation. This group makes Leo and Czech look like

saints.

Fact: Insurance costs have gone down in Kearny. Lawsuit costs and payouts are down significantly.

Fact: The Tax Collector quit to make MORE money in Hoboken. Her salary was in the low 90's in Kearny.

Fact: The Fire Chief, Police Chief and Health Officer are excellent professionals who are highly paid and will only leave Kearny when it's time to retire.

Fact: The Administrator is paid to be Town Administrator, period.

Fact: The employees no longer run Town government, that's the biggest change in the last 5 years.

Question: Who is "everyone"? Are they all anonymous? There are 40,000 residents in Kearny and 400 town employees. Is "everyone" anonymous? 40,000 versus 400. And most of the employees don't live in town. Do the math.

Fact: Insurance costs have gone down in Kearny. Lawsuit costs and payouts are down significantly.

Fact: The Tax Collector quit to make MORE money in Hoboken. Her salary was in the low 90's in Kearny.

Fact: The Fire Chief, Police Chief and Health Officer are excellent professionals who are highly paid and will only leave Kearny when it's time to retire.

Fact: The employees no longer run Town government, that's the biggest change in the last 5 years.

Question: Who is "everyone"? Are they all anonymous? There are 40,000 residents in Kearny and 400 town employees. Is "everyone" anonymous? 40,000 versus 400. And most of the employees don't live in town. Do the math.

Where are you getting your facts?? Were you in the town meeting, the town just lost a major law suit?

The MORE money was only a couple of thousands, she has to drive to Hoboken that easily put 30 min to 40 min more in her travel time both ways. She going into a job where the old tax collector is being sued http://hoboken411.com/archives/11294. Doesn’t make sense for leaving unless you’re being harassed.

True, they all live in town. The BA doesn’t. They have an interest in the town how can the BA care if he doesn’t even live here.

Is he also paid to run it into the ground? He waits till someone retire, hire a part-timer or worse he’s hire people that willing to get paid a lower salary (usually crap) and tell everyone you’re saving money. Great job.

Yes you have one man that UEZ, BA, town clerk and acting mayor. Remember the mayor part time too. Look it’s simple the mayor and council just want the benefits without the work, so they hire this guy. If something happens that the town people get upset about the just play dumb and tell everyone that they never heard anything about it.

The town is dying very fast. There illegal apartment everywhere, school’s here is a joke, tax are very high (even though we have a surplus), everyone in town either looking for another job or waiting for retirement. The reason I post anonymous is because I don’t want to be fired, and yes I’m looking for another job.

Wrong: The Tax Collector quit because of the working conditions, and her current salary is public record at 128,000

Wrong: Insurance costs have not gone down. Lawsuit costs and payouts are up signigicantly.

Correct: The Fire Chief, Police Chief and Health Officer are excellent professionals, who should be respected and permitted to have a contract, like the Administrator.

Wrong: Time will tell when they leave their current position. Obviously you have not spoken to them to find out how unhappy they are.

Why are we paying professionals, department heads, high salaries if we do not trust them to run their respective departments professionally?

It is not a matter of the employees running Town government. There may be a bad apple, but not everyone, except the Administrator, is incompetent and needs daily micromanaging. Treat professionals who have earned respectfully.

You should get up off your computer and go speak to a crossing guard, employees in the health, town hall, police chief, fire chief, 99% of the working force, dedicated employees who have left in the past five years for no other reason then the working conditions.

Sounds like in your opinion the Town should fire everyone. Negative reinforcement does not produce positive results.

Guest the Real Facts
Wrong: The Tax Collector quit because of the working conditions, and her current salary is public record at 128,000

Wrong: Insurance costs have not gone down. Lawsuit costs and payouts are up signigicantly.

Correct: The Fire Chief, Police Chief and Health Officer are excellent professionals, who should be respected and permitted to have a contract, like the Administrator.

Wrong: Time will tell when they leave their current position. Obviously you have not spoken to them to find out how unhappy they are.

Why are we paying professionals, department heads, high salaries if we do not trust them to run their respective departments professionally?

It is not a matter of the employees running Town government. There may be a bad apple, but not everyone, except the Administrator, is incompetent and needs daily micromanaging. Treat professionals who have earned respectfully.

You should get up off your computer and go speak to a crossing guard, employees in the health, town hall, police chief, fire chief, 99% of the working force, dedicated employees who have left in the past five years for no other reason then the working conditions.

Sounds like in your opinion the Town should fire everyone. Negative reinforcement does not produce positive results.

Fact: The Tax Collector will make 150,000 in Hoboken.

Fact: The Town ran Insurance deficits every year until 2005. It was one of former Councilman Mangin's big complaints. Since 2005, lawsuits and complaints are at a historical low.

Conclusion: All Directors and government employees should be held accountable. Kearny salaries are very high. Kearny taxes are very high. My opinion is that employees should work!

Conclusion: You should ask the 39,600 citizens of Kearny who don't work for Kearny what they think about the employees in any Kearny office. More often than not, it's not a positive experience. Then tell the 39,600 citizens what the salaries and benefit packages of the 400 Kearny employees are. I think there would be much, much anger.

Question: Does anyone know how many residents apply for every position that opens up? Has to be in the hundreds.

Guest First Hand

I agree with your statements, having first hand knowledge of the workings of this town, I know that a person can dedicate half of their life to a job, do it well and be abused for it at the same time. This happened to a close member of my family. They give the most dedicated employees the hardest times and the slackers get none. They do not want someone who does a good, they want someone who they can manipulate. If you check the figures, the deaprtment heads of the manual workforce make no where near 100K a year, and I know that for a fact. The people who are out there working hard at their jobs are not recieving the praise that they shoud. I would like to see Mr D'Arco stand on the corners during a snow or rain storm with no shelter in 18* weather and come back the next day for more, I would like to see him work at the DPW for the day and come back the next day for more crap. I understand that he went and got a degree so he wouldn't have to do those things, but don't look down and chastise the people who do, and when they ask for a raise in salary or better benefits, they are ridiculed, you ask anyone of the 400 town workers if they are happy, or just happy they have a job. I know of 10 people who have left in the last 2 years because of the abuse they had to face every day, so the next time you see an employee out there cleaning the streets or crossing your children stop and say good job

• 2 weeks later...

The Council's united and will do whatever the Mayor insists upon. But that's been the way for over four years now.

It's the number of lawsuits that is most intriguing as well as the nature or cause for the lawsuits. I would like to hear more about these cases and how much they not only cost to settle but also to have the town represented in court? Weren't there also one or two suits involving DPW or grounds personnel?

Insurance rates may have decreased, but what suits were settled, what suits were won by the town, and why do there appear to be so many of them?

I direct these thoughts to lawsuits; I am not refering to grievences, which appear to be significantly high in number as well and do cost the town and the taxpayer money.

I have written a great letter to Mr Mayor Santos and recieved no reply(What a suprise). I have written a letter to the Observer and have recieved no response(What a suprise). Well here is a place where maybe the average person could vent out and possibly get the smallest amount of satisfaction from the town we live in. I recieved my new tax bill last week and have recieved another bump(What a suprise). I have lived in my home in Kearny for 5 years. My taxes have gone up a total of about 35%. That is somewhat hard to believe but true. I was almost content with living with this until I was dealing with my bank to attempt to refinance at a lower rate and when I told them what I pay for a 1 family in property tax the guy laughed and said he thought for sure I had a 2 family for the amount I pay.The more I think of it I feel and know I am a victim of legalized robbery. I am not afraid to admit it, just like the town of Kearny is not afraid to send me the tax increase. This town is turning into a finacial dump. The excuse is always the sins/contracts that those of the past have made which is burdening the tax payer today. That my friends is not fare. I did note vote on those contracts and unless my eyes are decieving me but Kearny is turning in to nothing short of an extension of NEWARK(A DUMP). Major companies in todays climate are cutting jobs and finding ways to cut costs. The town of Kearny always relys on the taxpayer to prevent them from being the bad guy. Well reality is setting in: Look at all the For Sale Signs, Look at all the crime,I wish I could get my hands on records of delinquent property taxs(But I am sure it is High). The town of Kearny Tax-Payer is exactly what the Star Ledger called taxpayers a year ago(Over Burdened).

I have written a great letter to Mr Mayor Santos and recieved no reply(What a suprise). I have written a letter to the Observer and have recieved no response(What a suprise). Well here is a place where maybe the average person could vent out and possibly get the smallest amount of satisfaction from the town we live in. I recieved my new tax bill last week and have recieved another bump(What a suprise). I have lived in my home in Kearny for 5 years. My taxes have gone up a total of about 35%. That is somewhat hard to believe but true. I was almost content with living with this until I was dealing with my bank to attempt to refinance at a lower rate and when I told them what I pay for a 1 family in property tax the guy laughed and said he thought for sure I had a 2 family for the amount I pay.The more I think of it I feel and know I am a victim of legalized robbery. I am not afraid to admit it, just like the town of Kearny is not afraid to send me the tax increase. This town is turning into a finacial dump. The excuse is always the sins/contracts that those of the past have made which is burdening the tax payer today. That my friends is not fare. I did note vote on those contracts and unless my eyes are decieving me but Kearny is turning in to nothing short of an extension of NEWARK(A DUMP). Major companies in todays climate are cutting jobs and finding ways to cut costs. The town of Kearny always relys on the taxpayer to prevent them from being the bad guy. Well reality is setting in: Look at all the For Sale Signs, Look at all the crime,I wish I could get my hands on records of delinquent property taxs(But I am sure it is High). The town of Kearny Tax-Payer is exactly what the Star Ledger called taxpayers a year ago(Over Burdened).

every town in hudson county has had their taxes go up every year. actually i would guess all over the state.. its part of living in north jersey. Every year taxes go up, and the town blames its employees. The fact is the town has to pay employees to help keep the town a place where people can live. if you think the town is bad now, imagine what it would be like without police, dpw workers, fire department ect. All this costs money. Personally, i blame the county. the county government is a waste of money. I wish they could just abolish county government. which i know they can't, but kearny would benefit. the only thing kearny gets from the county is a nice car for the mayor to drive around in. thats about it. If you want your taxes to not go up, move to secaucus, its all industry and only has about 10,000 people so they are able to keep taxes stable. so there is your answer. other then that i advise you to move down south jersey cause your taxes are going to go up next year too.

Guest Fact Finder

35% over 5 years? That actually is a smaller increase than most muncipalities in the state of New Jersey. Some towns have had that increase in one year alone (North Arlington, West New York, Rutherford, Hoboken to name a few).

Can you post your letter here?

Let's see if we can channel your anger in a constructive manner. What would you do to cut taxes? Keep in mind your bill is 50% for public education, 30% for the town and 20% for the county.

35% over 5 years? That actually is a smaller increase than most muncipalities in the state of New Jersey. Some towns have had that increase in one year alone (North Arlington, West New York, Rutherford, Hoboken to name a few).

Can you post your letter here?

Let's see if we can channel your anger in a constructive manner. What would you do to cut taxes? Keep in mind your bill is 50% for public education, 30% for the town and 20% for the county.

You have the town and County reversed, I believ it's 50% BoE, 30% County and 30% Town. But of course the Poster wont recognize this... Nope let's cut the PD and FD...and blame all of the town's problems on them. THAT of course wont push things farther twoards the brink :rolleyes: .

You have the town and County reversed, I believ it's 50% BoE, 30% County and 30% Town. But of course the Poster wont recognize this... Nope let's cut the PD and FD...and blame all of the town's problems on them. THAT of course wont push things farther twoards the brink :rolleyes: .

Yeah, don't blame the PD, the chief is worth $200,000 + per year.