somthing wrong with the street sweepers!

Guest c.a.b

Ive bin a town resident for 32 years.And my family beond that..Unfortunatly i live on F.E.R BLVD where most of my complaints stem from. What is so heart breaking and embarrasing is the amount of garbage in our streets..I mean come on!! its just rediculous.. you go down town newark an its cleaner... I relize the financial crisses we're in, as well as the rest of the state,but theres no reason for the dirtyness. I honestly havent seen a sweeper in a week or better an it shows! Back in the early 80's an 90's i remeber the town having a couple of men on foot just cleaning the little bit of trash around,and what a diffrance it made.. The town should consider this again. I just think you people are paying certin somebody's to do town work an instead they abuse the system an stand with there hand's on there ass! Of corse it wouldnt matter to them,meaning''the employees at the street dept.'' because of two reasons..1,they know they got a job in the morning,an 2, because the politians allow it.. An as for the snow plows,,,what a joke!! :huh: they put there plow's down when theres nothing but blacktop.. It's a friggn joke! an a waste of money!! Next, the tax payers will be paying to replace the holes they made from plowing blacktop... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Clean up the embarrasment.

Ive bin a town resident for 32 years.And my family beond that..Unfortunatly i live on F.E.R BLVD where most of my complaints stem from. What is so heart breaking and embarrasing is the amount of garbage in our streets..I mean come on!! its just rediculous.. you go down town newark an its cleaner... I relize the financial crisses we're in, as well as the rest of the state,but theres no reason for the dirtyness. I honestly havent seen a sweeper in a week or better an it shows! Back in the early 80's an 90's i remeber the town having a couple of men on foot just cleaning the little bit of trash around,and what a diffrance it made.. The town should consider this again. I just think you people are paying certin somebody's to do town work an instead they abuse the system an stand with there hand's on there ass! Of corse it wouldnt matter to them,meaning''the employees at the street dept.'' because of two reasons..1,they know they got a job in the morning,an 2, because the politians allow it.. An as for the snow plows,,,what a joke!! :huh: they put there plow's down when theres nothing but blacktop.. It's a friggn joke! an a waste of money!! Next, the tax payers will be paying to replace the holes they made from plowing blacktop... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Clean up the embarrasment.

Absolutely agree with you friend. They let more garbage blow around town then anywhere else. The flyer sent out about the crackdown on litter, etc. etc. ------ ?

What happened there?

Garbage men still leave alot on the ground too. It is a shame. The street sweepers move very quickly most times I see them as well, as if something was urgently needed back at the garage. Go figure how we got to this point.

As far as the black top plowing, well hey they're not the brightest bulbs behind the wheel eh? But damn can they water a flower for 3 1/2 hours though. Hey easy work and overtime gotta love that combination.

Look at the silver lining - more work for paving companys. The economy needs a shot in the arm, heck maybe i'll put a "bid" in for the job. I'm going to need the cash, i hear my taxes are about to go up again.

Absolutely agree with you friend. They let more garbage blow around town then anywhere else. The flyer sent out about the crackdown on litter, etc. etc. ------ ?

What happened there?

Garbage men still leave alot on the ground too. It is a shame. The street sweepers move very quickly most times I see them as well, as if something was urgently needed back at the garage. Go figure how we got to this point.

As far as the black top plowing, well hey they're not the brightest bulbs behind the wheel eh? But damn can they water a flower for 3 1/2 hours though. Hey easy work and overtime gotta love that combination.

Look at the silver lining - more work for paving companys. The economy needs a shot in the arm, heck maybe i'll put a "bid" in for the job. I'm going to need the cash, i hear my taxes are about to go up again.

Are you morons, Sweeper can not sweep snow & ice And blaming the sweeper or the town for the mess is just dumb. Put the blame where it should go on the pigs that make it. When was the last time you yelled at someone for littering or saw someone throwing garbage out of a car DO any of you get a plate # & call the P.D.. How many of you even pick up Garbage in the street even in from of where you live. picking up garbage dose not cost anything. OH but it is just easier to pin it on the town.

Are you morons, Sweeper can not sweep snow & ice And blaming the sweeper or the town for the mess is just dumb. Put the blame where it should go on the pigs that make it. When was the last time you yelled at someone for littering or saw someone throwing garbage out of a car DO any of you get a plate # & call the P.D.. How many of you even pick up Garbage in the street even in from of where you live. picking up garbage dose not cost anything. OH but it is just easier to pin it on the town.

Ahh, yes, at last some healthy discourse. But lets not leave anybody out of the dance. Agreed. Blame no one, blame everyone. Fix the problem, act like you care, make a difference.

It is everyones fault , People do not sweep their sidewalks and gutters like they used to and the town workers get paid to do nothing...They just ride around in the town trucks and try to look pretty...What a joke.Oh You can find the street cleaner parked down on the end of Manor street for about 1 hour waiting for the time to go back to the garage...The plows come out and plow the streets for as little as 1 inch on the ground and when it is not needed , Overtimepay must be great especially on Sundays. Time for the Mayor to wake up and stop this . Oh excuse Me He must ask Catr------ permission first...

I just watched the street sweeper go up and down my street 5 times. The ice, snow and garbage on the street was just being pushed around. The garbage that was here before is still here. It was a complete waste of time. Maybe if he drove a little slower than the 15mph he was doing, the machine may have time to pick up the garbage. When he turned the corner to leave, he actually drove down the middle of the other street slower than the 5 times along my curb.

I remember the mayor ringing my doorbell when he was running for reelection. Told me how Harrison has this great snow melting machine and how every street will be clear of snow.

I also love the guys who drive those little vacuum machines around the sidewalks on Sundays. What a waste that is- due to the pollution, gas, noise and overtime made. Sell all those sidewalk vacuums (the driven ones and pushed ones), give them a broom and a garbage can on wheels and save a lot of money.

The problem with the street sweepers and many other things in this town is ****** *** *** *****