Invisible 4th Ward Council Representives

Guest Townwatch

Guest Townwatch

Poor Snow Removal, Poor Town Services, Taxes have gone up every year they have been in office, What have they done for Kearny, Do we even know who they are, come out and show yourself to the Taxpayers of Kearny.

Snow plows were out early today in the third ward

Town plows were out early this morning in full force. While I was doing my driveway, my street was plowed twice in one hour. I live on Chestnut Street, 4th Ward.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 4th Ward Overtaxed Payer
Town plows were out early this morning in full force. While I was doing my driveway, my street was plowed twice in one hour. I live on Chestnut Street, 4th Ward.

I beg to differ with you because my block never saw a plow until I had to call to ask why, Mayor, Landy, McCurrie get an F as a grade for poor service for the property taxes that we 4th warders pay, Time to get rid of these people

Guest Salt Still's There
I beg to differ with you because my block never saw a plow until I had to call to ask why, Mayor, Landy, McCurrie get an F as a grade for poor service for the property taxes that we 4th warders pay, Time to get rid of these people

Streets were salted at least twice during the last storm, you can still see the salt coating on every street. My car is coated in salt as well and I've had to wash it twice. What block do you live on??

No opposition, no need for the door-to-door approach; in any Ward; in fact, no need to be concerned in the least.

Do the Wards put out constituent newsletters, apprising them of what’s going on in the Ward? Probably not, without opposition there is no incentive or motivation.

Invisible representatives equate to indistinguishable council members; disguised as politicians and hidden from public scrutiny; they are almost shadowy in substance?

Guest Kearnyite
No opposition, no need for the door-to-door approach; in any Ward; in fact, no need to be concerned in the least.

Do the Wards put out constituent newsletters, apprising them of what’s going on in the Ward? Probably not, without opposition there is no incentive or motivation.

Invisible representatives equate to indistinguishable council members; disguised as politicians and hidden from public scrutiny; they are almost shadowy in substance?

Do you go to any Council meetings? There are some 24 a year.

Do you watch the Council meetings on TV?

Do you write letters to the Mayor, Council members or local newspapers with your ideas?

Do you approach Council members or the Mayor at the hundreds of public events they go to each year with your ideas?

I think the answers are No, No, No and No.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 4th Ward Veteran
Poor Snow Removal, Poor Town Services, Taxes have gone up every year they have been in office, What have they done for Kearny, Do we even know who they are, come out and show yourself to the Taxpayers of Kearny.

I would like help anyone who will challenge Mayor Santos, Councilmembers Landy,& McCurrie. I'm retired and have alot of time on my hand. This Mayor & Council have drove this Town into the ground and now is the time to drive them out of office this election year. The issues above are enough to anger the taxpayers in this town. We need involved citizens to work together to stand up to the Mayor and others who have secured employment with the county. Bad Times are ahead and we need people in goverment who will make changes that are affordable in this time of crisis and not add more of a tax burden to an already overburdened taxpayer. Help Me, Go To Council Meetings, Volunteer and Work FOR CANDIDATES and elect LEADERS who will work for YOU and not for themselves and their family. Please E-MAIL THIS POST TO 20 PEOPLE and see what happens fellow 4th warders. Thank you and lets make the CHANGE we can believe in this coming June Democratic Primary Election.

Guest Kearnyite
I would like help anyone who will challenge Mayor Santos, Councilmembers Landy,& McCurrie. I'm retired and have alot of time on my hand. This Mayor & Council have drove this Town into the ground and now is the time to drive them out of office this election year. The issues above are enough to anger the taxpayers in this town. We need involved citizens to work together to stand up to the Mayor and others who have secured employment with the county. Bad Times are ahead and we need people in goverment who will make changes that are affordable in this time of crisis and not add more of a tax burden to an already overburdened taxpayer. Help Me, Go To Council Meetings, Volunteer and Work FOR CANDIDATES and elect LEADERS who will work for YOU and not for themselves and their family. Please E-MAIL THIS POST TO 20 PEOPLE and see what happens fellow 4th warders. Thank you and lets make the CHANGE we can believe in this coming June Democratic Primary Election.

You know, if you want to be a leader, you can't be anonymous. How many council meetings have you been to? How many letters to the editor have you written?

Word has it John Leadbeater is putting together a team to run against these incompetant individuals. The only time you see them is election time. If you want changes contact him. I heard from reliable sources he is running against Santos

Do you go to any Council meetings? There are some 24 a year.

Do you watch the Council meetings on TV?

Do you write letters to the Mayor, Council members or local newspapers with your ideas?

Do you approach Council members or the Mayor at the hundreds of public events they go to each year with your ideas?

I think the answers are No, No, No and No.

You are wrong, but of course, I would expect such a response. What's this Civic 101?

Council meetings - no - I watch them on TV; I've been to a few, and they all appeared almost staged and very animated. I walked into a void and I left from a void. When there is no or rare opposition to the lord of the realm, one is not obtaining a well-rounded perspective of a problem or situation. Frankly, the meetings are rather boring, they are far from balanced, each Council member gets to blow their horn a bit and look impressive for the cameras, and then everyone marches in lock-step. Let's hold hands, sway back and forth and sing Kumbaya. No spice, all vanilla.

Meetings on TV - yes - with comments noted immediately above.

Write letters - yes - forward ideas - yes; write to newspapers - yes; local as well as the Ledger, the NY Times, the Wall Street Journal, etc.

Approach Mayor and Council at hundreds of public events? What hundreds? At a parade or two or the tree lighting, where they are herded together? When they are in public I notice that they are somewhat distracted, prefer to mingle and not be burdened with one individual. Hundreds? Must be a special circle.

OK - your turn.

Guest Kearnyite
You are wrong, but of course, I would expect such a response. What's this Civic 101?

Council meetings - no - I watch them on TV; I've been to a few, and they all appeared almost staged and very animated. I walked into a void and I left from a void. When there is no or rare opposition to the lord of the realm, one is not obtaining a well-rounded perspective of a problem or situation. Frankly, the meetings are rather boring, they are far from balanced, each Council member gets to blow their horn a bit and look impressive for the cameras, and then everyone marches in lock-step. Let's hold hands, sway back and forth and sing Kumbaya. No spice, all vanilla.

Meetings on TV - yes - with comments noted immediately above.

Write letters - yes - forward ideas - yes; write to newspapers - yes; local as well as the Ledger, the NY Times, the Wall Street Journal, etc.

Approach Mayor and Council at hundreds of public events? What hundreds? At a parade or two or the tree lighting, where they are herded together? When they are in public I notice that they are somewhat distracted, prefer to mingle and not be burdened with one individual. Hundreds? Must be a special circle.

OK - your turn.

I see that your answers are all no.

Council meetings: any citizen can address the mayor and council on any matter at a council meeting. It's a free microphone. Have you ever done that? No, probably because publicly defending your positions (and yourself as well) is something you won't do or can't do with credibility.

Letters to Newspapers: you did? When did Observer publish one of your letters? or the Star-Ledger? Why not copy and paste those letters you sent to the newspapers here on this board as well?

Public events: you're blaming the elected officials for your failure to approach them with your views? That's a very odd rationalization for a failure on your part.

Bottom line is you want to be anonymous and be a critic at the same time. Fine, that's your choice. But you can't be a leader by being anonymous. That's the difference between you and an elected official. Unless you come out and defend your views, your criticism will be nothing more than faint static on this board.