Joseph D'Arco to be named Town Clerk Tuesday

Guest Fact

Alot of power for one guy. Especially not a town resident. How is he going to do the two jobs? Work around the clock. What is his pay going to be now? Talk about a cautious mayor.

Alot of power for one guy. Especially not a town resident. How is he going to do the two jobs? Work around the clock. What is his pay going to be now? Talk about a cautious mayor.

He is actually going to have three jobs: Business Administrator, Town Clerk, and KUEZ Director.

I thought I read in his contract, the part that we're allowed to see, that he cannot have a job other than the BA job. I realize that this is meant to be "in another jurisdiction", but how many jobs can, or should, one individual have.

Political BS, if you ask me.

I thought I read in his contract, the part that we're allowed to see, that he cannot have a job other than the BA job. I realize that this is meant to be "in another jurisdiction", but how many jobs can, or should, one individual have.

Political BS, if you ask me.

The contract is a public document, all of it.

Only a handful of people have ever cared to read the BA contract. Most of the handful who read it aren't bothered by any of it.

Those who claim to be bothered by the BA have a personal axe to grind, probably due to a personnel matter involving a Kearny employee that went against the employee.

The individual in question has ONE job, Business Administrator.

Deal with it.

He is actually going to have three jobs: Business Administrator, Town Clerk, and KUEZ Director.

and all three of them getting a salary AND Pension... yeah but it's the cops and firemen that are bankrupting the state. :lol:

Guest Disguise yourself better
and all three of them getting a salary AND Pension... yeah but it's the cops and firemen that are bankrupting the state. :huh:

No, that's wrong. Only his title as Administrator receives a salary and pension. The others are Zero compensation. The agenda and resolutions on all of them are public documents. You were given wrong information by someone with an axe to grind.

No, that's wrong. Only his title as Administrator receives a salary and pension. The others are Zero compensation. The agenda and resolutions on all of them are public documents. You were given wrong information by someone with an axe to grind.

His salary in 2007 (www.app.com) $165,470 +++++ health benifits ++++private pension contribution, ++++car reimbursement, for his long drive from Bloomfield, over 300 a month, ++++memberships in local rotary and state organizations, ++++++ other percs, ++++we are paying three people to take clerk classes at approximately 500 per class, so that they can do the job

The contract is a public document, all of it.

Only a handful of people have ever cared to read the BA contract. Most of the handful who read it aren't bothered by any of it.

Those who claim to be bothered by the BA have a personal axe to grind, probably due to a personnel matter involving a Kearny employee that went against the employee.

The individual in question has ONE job, Business Administrator.

Deal with it.

Why is he the only department head that can have a contract, yet he will not give one to the Police Chief, Fire Chief, life long residents who have more than earned their positions. Do as I say not as I do!!!!!!

will big joe sit next to the mayor at the next couuncil meeting, or will he sit at the table below. if he sits at the table below he cannot whisper sweet nothings in the good mayors ear. this is a problem for our ever cautious mayor.

Guest More Facts
His salary in 2007 (www.app.com) $165,470 +++++ health benifits ++++private pension contribution, ++++car reimbursement, for his long drive from Bloomfield, over 300 a month, ++++memberships in local rotary and state organizations, ++++++ other percs, ++++we are paying three people to take clerk classes at approximately 500 per class, so that they can do the job

Correction: the fine print says that dollar amount includes an "estimate" of a retroactive settlement. The actual salary was $132,784 in 2007. But if you want to use your higher number for the Administrator, including retroactive settlements, then you also have to acknowledge (from the very same web site you cite) several others who make more than D'Arco, including Kearny Police Chief Dowie at $200,053 and a deputy chief at $173,796.

What is your axe to grind with the Administrator?

Correction: the fine print says that dollar amount includes an "estimate" of a retroactive settlement. The actual salary was $132,784 in 2007. But if you want to use your higher number for the Administrator, including retroactive settlements, then you also have to acknowledge (from the very same web site you cite) several others who make more than D'Arco, including Kearny Police Chief Dowie at $200,053 and a deputy chief at $173,796.

Sour grapes, you can't tell the whole truth! D'Arco gets a lot more in money and benefits? Good way to hide the truth, redirect to someone else. Prove your point and post D'Arco's tax forms related to the Town of Kearny. If not, get a life..............

What is the Administrators axe to grind with so many employees?

Guest More Facts
What is the Administrators axe to grind with so many employees?

His job is to manage employees. "Management" is a novel experience for some employees. They're the ones with the axes.

Guest Money Counter

So $200,000 for the police Chief, plus $170,000, another $170,000 and another $170,000 for three deputy police chiefs, plus four health ($40,000 each) and four pension ($30,000 each) packages for a total of $990,000 A YEAR for FOUR employees. And you're worried about a Clerk's class that costs $500???

I think its how he presents himself, he is rude, and unprofessional. There are many ways to do business. Everyone knows times are tough and there needs to be cuts here and there, but there is no reason to be rude and ignorant. He has a serious complex about power and authority. I think town employees wouldn't mind working with him if he changed his ways. You can't slam the door on someone and proclaim your the boss and then expect those people to support you. not gonna happen.

So $200,000 for the police Chief, plus $170,000, another $170,000 and another $170,000 for three deputy police chiefs, plus four health ($40,000 each) and four pension ($30,000 each) packages for a total of $990,000 A YEAR for FOUR employees. And you're worried about a Clerk's class that costs $500???

No, not one class three @ 1,500 per class

x 5 classes = 7,500

Then lifetime classes to maintain licenses for four people to have a clerks license in one office!

I guess the Administrator does not care how he spends our tax money!

No, not one class three @ 1,500 per class

x 5 classes = 7,500

Then lifetime classes to maintain licenses for four people to have a clerks license in one office!

I guess the Administrator does not care how he spends our tax money!

What is happening is that the taxpayers are paying for D'Arco's education so that he become tenured as the Town Clerk and then be secure for life. Right now he is subject to getting canned if Mayor Santos loses an election. D'Arco has Santos personality that is why Santos loves him. Good managers enforce rules consistently and don't get upset when they receive constructive criticism. D'Arco and Santos aren't good managers. They manage through fear and intimidation.

Lets burn the Police, Fire, DPW, Teachers, Crossing Guards, et al.... they do nothing for our town.... Some Business Admin and soon to be clerk also..... why not hurt every who helps the town..... Good Job Joe!

K,

1) the Chief and Deputy Chiefs are not retired yet, so nix the pension there...

2) the Chief and Deputy Chiefs pay their own pension.... The state and Towns haven't paid into the pension for ages

3) the PD and FD get less the a 1/4 of a 1/4 of you taxes, 3/4s goes to the county for education and other county needs, and the other 3/16's go to the town for upkeep and paying other town employees.... Joe D'arco

I'd blame Joe D'Arco for his insanely high salary before I'd blame the PD and FD who are out there to help us