Holy Cross

Guest Guest

I just heard that Holy Cross school is closing and merging with St. Stephen's in Kearny. Is that true?

Yes, the school is closing. No they are not merging with St. Stephens. They are starting a new school, with a new name at the St Stephens facility.

I just heard that Holy Cross school is closing and merging with St. Stephen's in Kearny. Is that true?

Never mind the school closing, what is up with the ******* *****??? Should *** be alone with those kids? Been hearing a lot of stories.... I am wondering if there was a backround check on ***?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Holy Cross is closing...I would like to know how these Catholic Schools could be crying poverty...I do believe when You become a Priest or Nun You take an oath to live in poverty. They do not as well as the Bishop and Pope....I do not not understand this God and Jesus lived in poverty and helped the People, What is going on here...The Pope and Bishops should sell all the belongings and use tha money to help people in the world in extreme poverty that need food and clothes and medical needs ...I believe in God and I am sure this is not what He wanted....They should not be living high on the hog as they are doing while too many people in this world are suffering....Tuitions are rediculouse , You have to pay to have a child chritianed and forget about the fee you have to pay when You want to get Married in the church.....WHAT A SHAME.....Who are the crooks here???

Yes Holy Cross is closing...I would like to know how these Catholic Schools could be crying poverty...I do believe when You become a Priest or Nun You take an oath to live in poverty. They do not as well as the Bishop and Pope....I do not not understand this God and Jesus lived in poverty and helped the People, What is going on here...The Pope and Bishops should sell all the belongings and use tha money to help people in the world in extreme poverty that need food and clothes and medical needs ...I believe in God and I am sure this is not what He wanted....They should not be living high on the hog as they are doing while too many people in this world are suffering....Tuitions are rediculouse , You have to pay to have a child chritianed and forget about the fee you have to pay when You want to get Married in the church.....WHAT A SHAME.....Who are the crooks here???

Years ago you didn't pay tuition. You worked bingo and other school functions and that was it. Where did the money come from then?

Guest Wise Guy

The crooks are the teachers that passed you in English class.

Holy --- ............. I was going to respond but I realized there was no point.

Are you allowed to roam the streets freely?

Holy --- ............. I was going to respond but I realized there was no point.

Are you allowed to roam the streets freely?

The priests never lived in poverty. They had all the house expenses paid by the parish. The secretary, cooks, housekeepers, thier clothing, furniture, renovations of the houe, and food. Besides that they got a salary, a pension, and a lot of other perks like if you gave for a Mass, they got to keep that money, doing weddings and Baptisms was all thiers. Now the nuns on the other hand, had todo thier own cooking, cleaning, laundry. If they didn't they would have to pay out of thier meager salary. The Cathalic Church has always been sexest. You don't see any women in Rome assisting the Pope do ya?

Another thing is they have raised the tuition so high the people can't afford it any more. The parishs don't subsidise anymore. They want the people to pay everything plus work functions and sell things. The catholic church just priced the families right out of catholic grammer schools. You watch and see, now with so many people loosing thier jobs and investments, they will have to pull their kids out of Catholic High Schools and they will be closing next.

The priests never lived in poverty. They had all the house expenses paid by the parish. The secretary, cooks, housekeepers, thier clothing, furniture, renovations of the houe, and food. Besides that they got a salary, a pension, and a lot of other perks like if you gave for a Mass, they got to keep that money, doing weddings and Baptisms was all thiers. Now the nuns on the other hand, had todo thier own cooking, cleaning, laundry. If they didn't they would have to pay out of thier meager salary. The Cathalic Church has always been sexest. You don't see any women in Rome assisting the Pope do ya?

Another thing is they have raised the tuition so high the people can't afford it any more. The parishs don't subsidise anymore. They want the people to pay everything plus work functions and sell things. The catholic church just priced the families right out of catholic grammer schools. You watch and see, now with so many people loosing thier jobs and investments, they will have to pull their kids out of Catholic High Schools and they will be closing next.

Sexism is alive and well in many areas of our world.

You sound like a disgruntled former nun with a keyboard to grind. Sr. Rosetta Stone is that you?

FYI

The Catholic Church is slowly getting out of the "business" of education. They no longer want to throw their money in the bottomless pit. That is just one of many reasons behind the rash of closings and mergers. This has been part of the plan for some time now.

Thank you for your understanding,

Sr. Mary Elephant.

PS Now PLEASE, shut up! :P