U.S.A.

Guest VETERAN

Guest VETERAN

I am writing a response in reply to the study done by the state of the Harrison Police Department. I think it is a total disgrace that any Mayor and Council of Harrison would consider the suggestions in the report and compromise the safety of the public as a monetary cut-back measure that the town has suffered as a result of corruption, nepotism, and cronyism. These men are para-military and in lean financial times crime rises exponentially. How could anyone in their right mind fail to see the same. The President-elect promises change. I guess that must mean everywhere except the Town of Harrison. Governor Corzine, a fellow Democrat, has acknowledged widespred corruption throughout the state. Why doesn't the Mayor insist the town in what he cannot do, be an effective reformer. He can then blame the Governor for the people that are let go or departments that are disbanded and try to remain in power. It is not so hard to do. Just follow the money trail and that will cut thru and clarify the culprits and profiteers. The Fire Department hihglights my opinion perfectly. The only service truly needed is the ambulance. Why would a distressed city keep 50 to 60 employees who I imagine would average $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 on the payroll when they are clearly not needed. This is comparable to the structure of organized crime. Why hasn't the Mayor and Council or Fire Chief ask for a study of the HFD, mostly comprised of people who would wet their pants at the thought of serving their country as military personnel. I have seen women perform acts of bravery in combat that these guys get the same credit for putting out a garbage can fire. What a total disgrace. That is my opinion of the situation.

Guest Fellow Veteran
I am writing a response in reply to the study done by the state of the Harrison Police Department. I think it is a total disgrace that any Mayor and Council of Harrison would consider the suggestions in the report and compromise the safety of the public as a monetary cut-back measure that the town has suffered as a result of corruption, nepotism, and cronyism. These men are para-military and in lean financial times crime rises exponentially. How could anyone in their right mind fail to see the same. The President-elect promises change. I guess that must mean everywhere except the Town of Harrison. Governor Corzine, a fellow Democrat, has acknowledged widespred corruption throughout the state. Why doesn't the Mayor insist the town in what he cannot do, be an effective reformer. He can then blame the Governor for the people that are let go or departments that are disbanded and try to remain in power. It is not so hard to do. Just follow the money trail and that will cut thru and clarify the culprits and profiteers. The Fire Department hihglights my opinion perfectly. The only service truly needed is the ambulance. Why would a distressed city keep 50 to 60 employees who I imagine would average $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 on the payroll when they are clearly not needed. This is comparable to the structure of organized crime. Why hasn't the Mayor and Council or Fire Chief ask for a study of the HFD, mostly comprised of people who would wet their pants at the thought of serving their country as military personnel. I have seen women perform acts of bravery in combat that these guys get the same credit for putting out a garbage can fire. What a total disgrace. That is my opinion of the situation.

The state has done a study of the fire dept. The town put the state's proposal in effect. I do agree about crime and the bad economic times, but your solution of taking from one dept. to help another, would only serve to make both departments even worse. The last thing the town should do is to cut either dept. You always, during bad times, cut where the effect of cuts do not put lifes at stake. I'm not a fireman,or police officer, put I may need them, and with my tax dollars I expect them to be there for me if do I need them. Both organizations are para-military, but, when I was in Korea, niether were there, so what's your point about trying to assocate them with the military. But I can tell you one thing, I'm tried of the police and firemen complaining on this site. Maybe alittle time in the armed services would do both depts. some good..................

Guest Harrison Senior

Get tired of "Gizmo" ? Today you're a veteran ? Make me laugh, you'd flunk Boy Scouts. Anyone that has to hide behind his keyboard is a punk.

I agree with some of VETERANS statements, but he only compared the police with being para-military, not the fireman. I want to add that it is a totally wrong when 50 or 60 firemen in a 1 square mile town is being paid roughly 3X what a brave man or woman serving the country at war overseas by engaging in combat is sickening. The citizens in town who have family fighting over in Iraq must certainly believe that a Harrison Fireman is at 3X more risk than their family member. Its almost too absurd to believe.

How many fires did Harrisons elite bravest put out in 2008? I think its somewhere in the area of 1. Not a bad days pay for only over $10 million of the residents tax money. That is some serious and sound financial responsibility.

Guest Wise Guy
I agree with some of VETERANS statements, but he only compared the police with being para-military, not the fireman. I want to add that it is a totally wrong when 50 or 60 firemen in a 1 square mile town is being paid roughly 3X what a brave man or woman serving the country at war overseas by engaging in combat is sickening. The citizens in town who have family fighting over in Iraq must certainly believe that a Harrison Fireman is at 3X more risk than their family member. Its almost too absurd to believe.

The only risk a Harrison cop faces is indigestion from eating too many donuts. That's NOT too absurd to believe.

The only risk a Harrison cop faces is indigestion from eating too many donuts. That's NOT too absurd to believe.

They don't seem to be doing anything about keeping the gangs out of Harrison!

What an original idea! A poorly worded joke about cops and donuts. They must have awakened you from your deep sleep to eat your fifth meal of the day at the firehouse. Most of you don't miss a meal and it shows BIG time, above the belt of course. Don't forget to call Chief *** *** at his house to stop in for his plate. I hear that the HFD had a big role in saving the passengers from the plane in the river today. That would have included most FD's from Hudson County, but I'm sure nobody called the HFD for mutual aid because they are inept and would have just gotten in the way. I am sure that the Chief and McMole will recognize the HFD for its efforts because sleeping thru it or watching it on TV is very important. Another awesome event to take credit for when you did nothing. I gotta go and read a book on quantum physics from the firemans bookcase now because most Ivy leauge colleges recruit from Harrison High and my momses says dats dope. I also have to see my psychiatrist because the highly developed brains of the HFD repeatedly ask people to "get some help" when criticized. Thats my opinion for this wonderfull day. Later.

If the DCA did a study of the Harrison Fire Dept., and the person doing the study wasn't unjustly enriched ($$$$$$$), the HFD would be bye bye already. If the DCA recommendation was to keep the HFD as is, somebody better check the DCA guys bank account for a recent deposit. The town only needs the ambulance. If not disbanded, their should be massive demotions of DC's, Batallion chiefs, Captains, and a minimum 75% pay cut at every position. Then these useless degenerates might leave on their own and put in application at Wendys or Burger King. They could also work at the shit factory like half of the council in Rayberry. Anyone with even an elementary level education could see that a $13,000,000.00 fire dept. in a 1 square mile town that averages maybe 1 small fire a year is nothing but corruption and a steady stream of illegal income kicked-up to the very people who are supposed to be helping the citizens in this recession/depression. Town hall jobs like Tom Powells "secret" job should be exposed and all involved indicted. If the prosecutors or District Attorneys office were to give even a half-assed effort at exposing the flow of money thru Harrison there would be a stack of indictments 10 feet high. **** "I am the law" ******* and crew should also get what they deserve, a prison sentence. That is my Opinion.

Guest Harrison's Bravest
If the DCA did a study of the Harrison Fire Dept., and the person doing the study wasn't unjustly enriched ($$$$$$$), the HFD would be bye bye already. If the DCA recommendation was to keep the HFD as is, somebody better check the DCA guys bank account for a recent deposit. The town only needs the ambulance. If not disbanded, their should be massive demotions of DC's, Batallion chiefs, Captains, and a minimum 75% pay cut at every position. Then these useless degenerates might leave on their own and put in application at Wendys or Burger King. They could also work at the shit factory like half of the council in Rayberry. Anyone with even an elementary level education could see that a $13,000,000.00 fire dept. in a 1 square mile town that averages maybe 1 small fire a year is nothing but corruption and a steady stream of illegal income kicked-up to the very people who are supposed to be helping the citizens in this recession/depression. Town hall jobs like Tom Powells "secret" job should be exposed and all involved indicted. If the prosecutors or District Attorneys office were to give even a half-assed effort at exposing the flow of money thru Harrison there would be a stack of indictments 10 feet high. **** "I am the law" ******* and crew should also get what they deserve, a prison sentence. That is my Opinion.

You've been on the computer all day when you should be at work. I hope you're not taking advantage of all that "unlimited sicktime" and screwing the town.