What are they building on Bergen Ave?

Guest Matilda

I believe that is going to be a reopened dump, the North Arlington facility is closing. Right down the street from the projected condos or townhouses at Bergen and Schuyler. You just can't make this stuff up.

I thought they were reopening the Bergen/Schuyler rail line?...thats what the mayor said, or is that further down on Bergen?

They are actually closing the Keegan Landfill by sealing it to prevent ground pollution.

Guest Realist
I believe that is going to be a reopened dump, the North Arlington facility is closing. Right down the street from the projected condos or townhouses at Bergen and Schuyler. You just can't make this stuff up.

That's right, you can't make this stuff up. That's because landfill revelopment has been done before. One success story is the 96 condo units on a municipal landfill in North Wildwood marketed as "The Tides at Seaboard Point".

They are actually closing the Keegan Landfill by sealing it to prevent ground pollution.

Sorry guess again...they are Reopening it. The current encapsulation is to follow EPA guidelines so that the runoff doesnt go into the marshlands. The last figure I had heard was somewhere on the order of 60 Stories (Yes children that's somewhere between 480 and 600 Feet high depending on which definition of "Stoey" they are using) woth of garbage before it's finally sealed. On the GOOD side, the town should be getting a "Tipping Fee" from Each and every truck that dumps there, SO, if the Town tries to raise taxes after it opens...welll you know what needs to be done during the following election cycle.

That's right, you can't make this stuff up. That's because landfill revelopment has been done before. One success story is the 96 condo units on a municipal landfill in North Wildwood marketed as "The Tides at Seaboard Point".

Dude "The Tides at Seaboard Point" look over the Atlantic, in Kearny it the Meadows...........NOT EVEN CLOSE.....you are a realist, just not a smartest

the dump is supposed to be for industrial and construction waste...im not really sure what that is, but someone explained it to me as it wont stink like the turnpike does when you approach exit 15E.

Guest Realist (and Smartest)
Dude "The Tides at Seaboard Point" look over the Atlantic, in Kearny it the Meadows...........NOT EVEN CLOSE.....you are a realist, just not a smartest

Yo, dude, yes, way CLOSE! 15 minute ride to Midtown, like will be totally cool dude.

There are numerous projects around the country built on former landfills. I'll throw one more out at you and see you try your negativism some more: Westport Office Park in Redwood City, California. (1 million square feed of office/commercial space).

Guest Schuylerist
the dump is supposed to be for industrial and construction waste...im not really sure what that is, but someone explained it to me as it wont stink like the turnpike does when you approach exit 15E.

Who is the "someone" you're getting your information from? There was a town hall letter sent to all residents 2 years ago that explained it as construction debris that is non-hazardous and no asbestos. If you tell us who you're "someone" is, we can check that against what town hall said.

Who is the "someone" you're getting your information from? There was a town hall letter sent to all residents 2 years ago that explained it as construction debris that is non-hazardous and no asbestos. If you tell us who you're "someone" is, we can check that against what town hall said.

[/quote

who said anything about asbestos?...read my post, it said construction waste...Maybe you should read before getting ready to start an argument..

Yo, dude, yes, way CLOSE! 15 minute ride to Midtown, like will be totally cool dude.

There are numerous projects around the country built on former landfills. I'll throw one more out at you and see you try your negativism some more: Westport Office Park in Redwood City, California. (1 million square feed of office/commercial space).

Again........slower..........K..E..A..R..N..Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!