Harrison Fire Department

Guest Gizmo

How can any man be proud at any event or meeting be proud to say they are a fireman from Harrison. To be trained at a fire academy and talk to real firemen from other towns who have actually had even one moment of danger in their lives as a fireman and either lie or concede that they have never put out a fire must be a total disgrace. Its humiliating. When your children are young you can say "I am a fireman in Harrison," and they might think its cool. When they get to the age when they can understand things can you imagine the humiliation among their peers. If it was not for the ambulance, for which they are paid extra on top of their $90,000 to $100,000 salary, they could very easily be elimated by McMole and crew. I know many fireman from other towns who use the HFD as a a huge source of laughter. Its true. What do they do all day and night except eat, sleep, and crap. NOTHING! Dispute that! I bet you cannot. Their $10 million dollar budget is a farce. The economy is bad. Even the FDNY is closing firehouses, one which had only 10 calls in the past 22 months, thats a fact. None of the calls were for fires. They were calls for directions and other minor questions where the "firemen," never left the premises. SHAME ON HARRISON, THE COUNCIL, AND THE HFD for what amounts to organized crime, nepotism, and cronyism. If I am wrong, please show me how. The residents are going to suffer HUGE TAX INCREASES for a service that is not needed. Thats the straight skinny and my opinion. I would love to hear an educated reason not to eliminate this department by someone other than a mom, relative, or fireman himself. The token black Vulcan fireman can even throw in his two cents. Its a really sad situation. I remember when pension Pete was on the council and stated that there would always be a fire department no matter if they were needed or not. I guess he was right because there are 58 men at the clubhouse getiing rich and doing absolutely no work. IMO. Later.

Guest Harrisin's Bravest
How can any man be proud at any event or meeting be proud to say they are a fireman from Harrison. To be trained at a fire academy and talk to real firemen from other towns who have actually had even one moment of danger in their lives as a fireman and either lie or concede that they have never put out a fire must be a total disgrace. Its humiliating. When your children are young you can say "I am a fireman in Harrison," and they might think its cool. When they get to the age when they can understand things can you imagine the humiliation among their peers. If it was not for the ambulance, for which they are paid extra on top of their $90,000 to $100,000 salary, they could very easily be elimated by McMole and crew. I know many fireman from other towns who use the HFD as a a huge source of laughter. Its true. What do they do all day and night except eat, sleep, and crap. NOTHING! Dispute that! I bet you cannot. Their $10 million dollar budget is a farce. The economy is bad. Even the FDNY is closing firehouses, one which had only 10 calls in the past 22 months, thats a fact. None of the calls were for fires. They were calls for directions and other minor questions where the "firemen," never left the premises. SHAME ON HARRISON, THE COUNCIL, AND THE HFD for what amounts to organized crime, nepotism, and cronyism. If I am wrong, please show me how. The residents are going to suffer HUGE TAX INCREASES for a service that is not needed. Thats the straight skinny and my opinion. I would love to hear an educated reason not to eliminate this department by someone other than a mom, relative, or fireman himself. The token black Vulcan fireman can even throw in his two cents. Its a really sad situation. I remember when pension Pete was on the council and stated that there would always be a fire department no matter if they were needed or not. I guess he was right because there are 58 men at the clubhouse getiing rich and doing absolutely no work. IMO. Later.

Who said there was no such thing as the Christmas Grinch ?

Too bad you failed the Fire test and carry a gun. As a Harrison cop do you think you'll ever fire it?? Pathetic!!

holy s^#t seek help

Three responses but not one person can actually say what goes on for the approx. $10 million a year. Mayor, Council, anyone? Can't do it can you. Must, IMO, be true. Get rid of that cancer of a FD and lower your taxes while you can. Once the 3 or 4 grand extra hits your tax bill for the stadium and supposed redevelopement , you're gonna wish you did! IMO, of course.

"Poor pathetic children of God?" To whom are you referring to? The HFD should have a giant cross outside the pumps where they fill up there personal vehicles to ward off the many drug addicts, suicides, and drug addicted members. Why would any organization in town that consider themselves as "professionals," threaten to sue the town over random drug testing. The only answer can be that they have something to hide and don't want to take the 40% stress (if that don't top it all) pension. Answer the question instead of hiding behind your union. Real, honest men would not. So whats the problem. In my opinion, guilty as sin.