Town of Kearny Website

Dinisc

To Link or Not to Link:That is the Question  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kearny's Official Town Website Link to KOTW?

• Yes
    • No

Wow. Dictator Santos, all I wanted to do was to help make the website better. The KOTW shouldn’t be in the town website, anyone can say anything here good or bad though mostly bad. The town web site is a place where one can get information about the town and should put a positive light on the town. In the KOTW anyone can say anything without any fact check. I posted an article about my friend / coworker that died and underneath my post it still say’s “Reason for edit: KOTW Note: The above information has not been confirmed. “ It was posted in the Observer and anyone can call the town itself to get it verified yet it still has the statement. If companies really believe half the stuff they post in here no one will ever want to come to Kearny let alone live here. My job is to help the town and employees, do you think it would be wise to post a website were anyone can say anything without any fact checking. There one article here in the forum about the town getting sue for 25 million dollars, but for some reason it miss all the papers.

KOTW link is posted in the library website because the library is for community discussion good or bad. As for the remark about “have you handed in your dignity for a pay check”, I put my neck out to help his town and since there only one tec in town I’m easy to find isn’t that having dignity?

Town tec:

I am disappointed that Kearny's official website will not have a link to KOTW. I'm glad that Google thinks that KOTW has relevant information on Kearny NJ. Do a search on Google for Kearny NJ and KOTW is number four. Obviously, people are finding KOTW without a link from the Town of Kearny's official town website.

KOTW has always been about allowing individuals to discuss issues without censorship. There have been and will continue to be some excellent discussions on KOTW. Most (if not all) of the information posted on KOTW is accurate. KOTW continues to play an important role in our community.

Please state the guidelines (requirements) necessary to get a link on the town's website. Please state who decides whether one has met those guidelines (requirements).

KOTW

Town tec:

I am disappointed that Kearny's official website will not have a link to KOTW. I'm glad that Google thinks that KOTW has relevant information on Kearny NJ. Do a search on Google for Kearny NJ and KOTW is number four. Obviously, people are finding KOTW without a link from the Town of Kearny's official town website.

KOTW has always been about allowing individuals to discuss issues without censorship. There have been and will continue to be some excellent discussions on KOTW. Most (if not all) of the information posted on KOTW is accurate. KOTW continues to play an important role in our community.

Please state the guidelines (requirements) necessary to get a link on the town's website. Please state who decides whether one has met those guidelines (requirements).

KOTW

Don’t get me wrong I find this site very useful on finding information about the people feeling about what’s going on in town. Also, The KOTW link is post on the library website. The site is very relevant information about the town. That being said there is no uncensored forum post in any town web including Harrison, North Arlington or Newark. The town website is to promote the town and its resident and to get accurate information. If you ask us to post your link on our town site why don’t you promote the site in the surrounding town? As you I do want the town to get better and will find any way to help the people in the town.

You mention that the KOTW is accurate, if that was true why John Bishoff death still unconfirmed? Also the town being sued for 25 million and town employee are involved really? Funny how no paper has picked up on that one and he can’t be sued because he HEARD this. There is no fact checking, I can say this guy is steal money or this guy in doing this fraud of some kind and all I have to do is say I heard or it seems then fill in the blank.

In the last 5 post Town of Kearny Website , David Paszkiewicz's letter in the Observer, Is Lisa Pezzolla retarded or just stupid? , What Has Happened To Our Country? , and hypocrisy - reaction to British bus campaign: how are these topics really going to help the town (expect the Town of Kearny Website )? We need solutions, help us discuss solutions on how to make the town better than I can see it being a link on the Town Site.

This is probably my last post, I not a politician and will not set or interpret policies for the town. If anyone wants to email me with ideas on improving network and/or website you can directly email at dconceicao@kearnynj.org. Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

Don’t get me wrong I find this site very useful on finding information about the people feeling about what’s going on in town. Also, The KOTW link is post on the library website. The site is very relevant information about the town. That being said there is no uncensored forum post in any town web including Harrison, North Arlington or Newark. The town website is to promote the town and its resident and to get accurate information. If you ask us to post your link on our town site why don’t you promote the site in the surrounding town? As you I do want the town to get better and will find any way to help the people in the town.

You mention that the KOTW is accurate, if that was true why John Bishoff death still unconfirmed? Also the town being sued for 25 million and town employee are involved really? Funny how no paper has picked up on that one and he can’t be sued because he HEARD this. There is no fact checking, I can say this guy is steal money or this guy in doing this fraud of some kind and all I have to do is say I heard or it seems then fill in the blank.

In the last 5 post Town of Kearny Website , David Paszkiewicz's letter in the Observer, Is Lisa Pezzolla retarded or just stupid? , What Has Happened To Our Country? , and hypocrisy - reaction to British bus campaign: how are these topics really going to help the town (expect the Town of Kearny Website )? We need solutions, help us discuss solutions on how to make the town better than I can see it being a link on the Town Site.

This is probably my last post, I not a politician and will not set or interpret policies for the town. If anyone wants to email me with ideas on improving network and/or website you can directly email at dconceicao@kearnynj.org. Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

Town Tec,

Please do not stop participating. If "the powers that be" don't want KOTW linked on the town website, individuals can find KOTW by doing a simple search on Google. Your participation on KOTW is welcome. If you feel it inappropriate to post as Town Tec, post anonymously as a guest or make up another Member name.

I am still curious what the town's policy is on links. I've noticed that there are only a few links to town businesses on the town's website. In this economic downturn, every sale is important and you should look to "the powers that be" for guidelines on who should be added to your links page. Promoting Kearny town businesses should be a part of the town's official website.

As far as John Bishoff passing, your post was put up as soon as possible and therefore the "KOTW Note". Since KOTW had, at that time, not confirmed the information we took a precaution. Our policy is not to change posts once they are up on the Discussion Board. My condolences to Mr. Bishoff's family. If you would like, I'll post on the main page an article or eulogy to Mr. Bishoff if you feel so inspired.

KOTW welcomes everyone. KOTW may not agree with every comment made on our discussion board. The exchange of ideas is what keeps us going.

Keep working on the town's website, but don't believe everything you hear from our town officials. Make your own judgments after you've heard all the facts. Even those who hate KOTW check us out on a regular basis.

KOTW

Town Tec,

Please do not stop participating. If "the powers that be" don't want KOTW linked on the town website, individuals can find KOTW by doing a simple search on Google. Your participation on KOTW is welcome. If you feel it inappropriate to post as Town Tec, post anonymously as a guest or make up another Member name.

I am still curious what the town's policy is on links. I've noticed that there are only a few links to town businesses on the town's website. In this economic downturn, every sale is important and you should look to "the powers that be" for guidelines on who should be added to your links page. Promoting Kearny town businesses should be a part of the town's official website.

As far as John Bishoff passing, your post was put up as soon as possible and therefore the "KOTW Note". Since KOTW had, at that time, not confirmed the information we took a precaution. Our policy is not to change posts once they are up on the Discussion Board. My condolences to Mr. Bishoff's family. If you would like, I'll post on the main page an article or eulogy to Mr. Bishoff if you feel so inspired.

KOTW welcomes everyone. KOTW may not agree with every comment made on our discussion board. The exchange of ideas is what keeps us going.

Keep working on the town's website, but don't believe everything you hear from our town officials. Make your own judgments after you've heard all the facts. Even those who hate KOTW check us out on a regular basis.

KOTW

I second this. I'm glad you're here, Town Tec. People complain about what doesn't go on here. You did something about it.

Town Tec,

KOTW

Hey KOTW!!

You did fine making the pitch to Town Tec, who's product is a government manequin.

The KOTW website is the primary information portal for the cyber-citizens of West Hudson and its periphery with input not just from local affairs. (Why NOT accomodate messageboard opinion about the world anywhere? It's not like you have to PRINT more pages for publication!)

Town Tec-keroo came to YOU because this website is a golden resource, and was wise to do it. <_<

KOTW contains a link to the official Kearny municiple website and the official Kearny municiple website contains NO LINK to KOTW.........

Now everyone please........which website is LESS in service to the people online? :huh:

"I'm hungry, let's get a taco." B)

• 2 weeks later...
Members,

I'm interested to know what your thoughts are on whether the Kearny's official town website should link to KOTW.

KOTW

I'm glad Town Tec is posting here, but I understand why town officials don't want a link to this site. There's not enough accountability (anonymous posts) and too much here that casts a negative light on Kearny. It's a judgment call that I can't criticize.

I'm glad Town Tec is posting here, but I understand why town officials don't want a link to this site. There's not enough accountability (anonymous posts) and too much here that casts a negative light on Kearny. It's a judgment call that I can't criticize.

Negative lignt like a History Teacher who preaches in class? You should be ashamed of yourself for not supporting KOTW's effort to get a link on the official town website. After all it's KOTW who made your son a star.

Negative lignt like a History Teacher who preaches in class? You should be ashamed of yourself for not supporting KOTW's effort to get a link on the official town website. After all it's KOTW who made your son a star.

Negative like the ignorance and bigotry expressed by some of that teacher's defenders on this board. If one were to get the impression that 2Smart4u, Patriot, etc. are representative of the dominant culture of Kearny, then Kearny comes off looking like a town of backwards hicks, a Vidor of the north. Not the kind of impression you want to give to people who might want to move or bring a business to Kearny.

I can fully understand why Town Tec would not want to link here. It isn't meant as an insult, or to say anything bad about KOTW provides, but there are a lot of user posts here that paint Kearny in a very negative light.

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about: petty, anonymous backbiting. The mayor or any member of the town council would have to ask: is this site something that will make people want to live here, thereby increasing property values? Unfortunately, with this sort of thing going on all the time, the answer is no.

I have no quarrel with KOTW's administrators. They have decided that this is how they want to run the site. It's their prerogative and it gets things expressed that might not be expressed if people had to put their names to what they write. But it's a double-edged sword. The town government has other considerations.

Guest Backbiter
This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about: petty, anonymous backbiting. The mayor or any member of the town council would have to ask: is this site something that will make people want to live here, thereby increasing property values? Unfortunately, with this sort of thing going on all the time, the answer is no.

I have no quarrel with KOTW's administrators. They have decided that this is how they want to run the site. It's their prerogative and it gets things expressed that might not be expressed if people had to put their names to what they write. But it's a double-edged sword. The town government has other considerations.

backbiting or the truth. you forgot that the New York Times reporter who broke this story wide open directly mentioned Kearny on the web. It was the anonymous posts lambasting your son that got her interested in the story. So now KOTW isn't reflective of what Kearny's reality is. Did you forget the Board of Education meetings. The anti-LaClair sentiment expressed on this board is reflective of a large majority of Kearny's residents. They simply don't get it. You and your son are the exception with a sprinkle of others who actually understood why Matthew did what he did. I'm glad he's out of here and onto bigger and better things.

Tell us why Town tec hasn't set forth the policy on who gets a link on the town's website. Should town businesses (upland as the mayor says) get a link. The upland businesses are struggling to survive while the South Kearny Walmarts steal what business they had left. The reality is that there is no link on the town's website because the Mayor controls the site and doesn't appreciate the occasional swipe at him by those who think they can unseat him. I don't dislike the Mayor but he's a control freak. The Mayor talks a good game but he is not very different then your typical politican. If he was had a set of balls he wouldn't mind linking to KOTW and he would even participate. He unfortunately doesn't have any. But nobody dares challenge him (except on anonymously on KOTW) for fear of losing their jobs.

backbiting or the truth. you forgot that the New York Times reporter who broke this story wide open directly mentioned Kearny on the web. It was the anonymous posts lambasting your son that got her interested in the story. So now KOTW isn't reflective of what Kearny's reality is. Did you forget the Board of Education meetings. The anti-LaClair sentiment expressed on this board is reflective of a large majority of Kearny's residents. They simply don't get it. You and your son are the exception with a sprinkle of others who actually understood why Matthew did what he did. I'm glad he's out of here and onto bigger and better things.

Tell us why Town tec hasn't set forth the policy on who gets a link on the town's website. Should town businesses (upland as the mayor says) get a link. The upland businesses are struggling to survive while the South Kearny Walmarts steal what business they had left. The reality is that there is no link on the town's website because the Mayor controls the site and doesn't appreciate the occasional swipe at him by those who think they can unseat him. I don't dislike the Mayor but he's a control freak. The Mayor talks a good game but he is not very different then your typical politican. If he was had a set of balls he wouldn't mind linking to KOTW and he would even participate. He unfortunately doesn't have any. But nobody dares challenge him (except on anonymously on KOTW) for fear of losing their jobs.

Wow the town tec only wanted to make a better website for the town lol. I have no idea why no one else in the town posts on this forum…. Lol

I haven't forgotten any of it, but that doesn't mean the Town of Kearny should endorse this site. Town officials should do what is best for the people of Kearny, not because Tina Kelley's attention was drawn to my son's situation because of a discussion here.

I also don't think you have any credibility accusing the mayor of having no balls when you're posting anonymously. It's more than a little hard to believe that no one challenges him because they're afraid of losing their jobs. Even if he would retaliate, most Kearny residents don't work for the town. If that's what's going on, contact me privately with a group of town workers who feel the same way and I'll try to help you do something about it.

I haven't forgotten any of it, but that doesn't mean the Town of Kearny should endorse this site. Town officials should do what is best for the people of Kearny, not because Tina Kelley's attention was drawn to my son's situation because of a discussion here.

I also don't think you have any credibility accusing the mayor of having no balls when you're posting anonymously. It's more than a little hard to believe that no one challenges him because they're afraid of losing their jobs. Even if he would retaliate, most Kearny residents don't work for the town. If that's what's going on, contact me privately with a group of town workers who feel the same way and I'll try to help you do something about it.

a link doesn't mean that the town endorses KOTW. a link simply means that there may be information of interest to someone visiting the town's website.

my no balls comment is my opinion. i've told the may to his face he has no balls so he know whose posting here (yes, the mayor visits KOTW on a regular basis).

The town's webmaster has now been told like other town employees not to post or participate on KOTW. as a regular you should know that Councilwoman Sherry and Pettigrew no longer participate. Santos told them not to.

thanks for the offer to help, but we can't trust you. you like Santos too much.

a link doesn't mean that the town endorses KOTW. a link simply means that there may be information of interest to someone visiting the town's website.

my no balls comment is my opinion. i've told the may to his face he has no balls so he know whose posting here (yes, the mayor visits KOTW on a regular basis).

The town's webmaster has now been told like other town employees not to post or participate on KOTW. as a regular you should know that Councilwoman Sherry and Pettigrew no longer participate. Santos told them not to.

thanks for the offer to help, but we can't trust you. you like Santos too much.

OK, so look what happened. KOTW posted this topic to solicit members' opinions whether the town should link to KOTW on its official web site. You support that, but what did you do? Instead of making your case you immediately made personal comments about the mayor and me. In other words, you took the focus off the subject you say you want to support.

I can appreciate your reluctance to trust me, but if you've told the mayor to his face that he has no balls and he reads here, then he probably knows who you are anyway, so why bother with anonymity? I don't expect you to answer. It's just that I don't know whether your complaints have anything behind them or not.

Finally, I expect the town to devote its official site to items that are of interest and use to the community and/or those that present the town in a good light. Whether you call a link an endorsement or not, that's what I think they should evaluate in making their decision.

I reiterate that my comments are not meant to criticize the KOTW administrators.

As a webmaster myself, I think Town of Kearny should have there own forums site so they really know what going on in there local town, but also post up some negative side of Kearny also cause to much positive can get alot of people thinking its a none-honest town and just trying to lie alot. I really think that when the forums get approved "hopefully" it might get support from KOTW cause they really know what they doing alot on here and trying to keep it safe and clean. Also, we have the rights to speak our minds.

As a webmaster myself, I think Town of Kearny should have there own forums site so they really know what going on in there local town, but also post up some negative side of Kearny also cause to much positive can get alot of people thinking its a none-honest town and just trying to lie alot. I really think that when the forums get approved "hopefully" it might get support from KOTW cause they really know what they doing alot on here and trying to keep it safe and clean. Also, we have the rights to speak our minds.
Hey Nick! Are you sure that you are from Harrison? Judging by the way that you write, you sound more like someone from East Newark.

Hey Nick! Are you sure that you are from Harrison? Judging by the way that you write, you sound more like someone from East Newark.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Also, KOTW, your captcha thing is a mess now. If you only need to fill in the recaptcha form, what's the old text box doing there? It's incredibly counter-intuitive.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Also, KOTW, your captcha thing is a mess now. If you only need to fill in the recaptcha form, what's the old text box doing there? It's incredibly counter-intuitive.

The next version of the Discussion Board I am sure will get rid of the old text box. This update stopped the "spam" posts which visitors did not see but the moderator had to deal with on a daily basis. The extra text box shouldn't be there but it is a small price to pay for eliminating the "spam". I welcome suggestions on improving KOTW. I know there is a lot that can be improved it's finding the time to do it that's tricky.

KOTW