KARDINAL FOOTBALL BOOSTER CLUB

Guest Very Concerned Parent

Guest Very Concerned Parent

Does the High School Booster Club, which supposedly raises money for kids, using kids to raise that money, really spend it on adults? Is it true that $500 is spent on an ADULT, while kids do not get even T-Shirts or anything from this Booster Club? How is this club still sanctioned by the Board of Education?

Why are you bashing the Booster Club? The books have been audited and everything is accounted for. Could it be you were one of the 2 people embarassing yourselves at the most recent fundraiser and now you are trying to get out of the spotlight?

Why don't you get a job and stop bothering the football booster club. You always go crying everytime you don't get your way. Kardinal of the Year always sppends money for that person because he/she deserves it. The money is from the extra money left over and it is not 500.00. You think everyone doesn't know who wrote it but you are WRONG. You don"t have a clue. You owe everyone so much money that you got alot of nerve to raise this question. The Boys get plenty of things including SHIRTS. You are a very jealous and frustrated person. You hate that people are MUCH SMARTER than you and you are just a LOSER. So just go get a life it may HELP but I don't think so LOL. You are not for the kids and this just proves it.

Guest Celerino Sanchez

What exactly do the Football Players get? My son never got a t shirt or anything in 4 years. The Banquet cost a mint for these kids; $25 the most expensive banquet. The president even said he hopes to MAKE money at the banquet, we are making money off kids? This President and the Booster Club WILL be audited, there is NO DOUBT, it's coming!

WELL, I AS A PARENT GOT RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM "SOMEONE" WHO TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE IN CHARGE OF GETTING THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS THEIR APPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT FOR PLAYING. WELL OVER $300 LATER, THIS "SOMEONE" STILL OWES ME MONEY, $150. NOW LET ME REMIND YOU THIS HAPPENED LAST YEAR, AND NOW THIS YEAR'S FOOTBALL SEASON IS NOW OVER. SO, IT'S TWO YEARS ALREADY, AND STILL NOT ANOTHER CENT! FINDING OUT THAT THE "SOMEONE" HAS DONE THIS TO OTHER PARENTS NOT KNOWING ANY BETTER. IT SURPRISES ME THAT YOU THINK PEOPLE YOU KNOW ARE TRUSTWORTHING, WELL THINK AGAIN! I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF THE KEARNY BOOSTER CLUB AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE MEMBERS THAT ARE MEMBERS AT ALL. AND AS FOR THE GIFT FOR THE KEARNY BOOSTER KARDNAL OF THE YEAR, PEOPLE SHOULD REALLY MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS. OBVIOUSLY $500 WAS SPENT LAST YEAR ON LAST YEAR'S AWARD. THIS YEARS AWARD WASN'T EVEN PURCHASED YET, SO IF YOU ASK ME, WOW, WITH THE PRICE OF EVERYTHING GOING UP, THE GIFT SHOULD BE WORTH MORE. THAT PERSON DESERVES IT FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION.

P.S. "SOMEONE" STAY OUT OF EVERYTHING AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS, AND STOP MAKING A FOOL OUT OF YOURSELF

WITH THAT GRAMMER SCHOOL BEHAVIOUR, THIS GOES FOR YOUR NEW FRIEND TOO. DON'T THE BOTH OF YOU HAVE CHILDREN IN SCHOOL?

Guest the joker

OMG THIS IS SO FUNNY!

So we should give gifts to adults and we don't give the kids any clothing or anything....

A novel idea!

Also sounds like you have a personal problem with "someone". Not to good to be threatening people on here, especially threatening their children, I am surprised the moderator leaves that on here, should be investigated...

WELL, I AS A PARENT GOT RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM "SOMEONE" WHO TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE IN CHARGE OF GETTING THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS THEIR APPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT FOR PLAYING. WELL OVER $300 LATER, THIS "SOMEONE" STILL OWES ME MONEY, $150. NOW LET ME REMIND YOU THIS HAPPENED LAST YEAR, AND NOW THIS YEAR'S FOOTBALL SEASON IS NOW OVER. SO, IT'S TWO YEARS ALREADY, AND STILL NOT ANOTHER CENT! FINDING OUT THAT THE "SOMEONE" HAS DONE THIS TO OTHER PARENTS NOT KNOWING ANY BETTER. IT SURPRISES ME THAT YOU THINK PEOPLE YOU KNOW ARE TRUSTWORTHING, WELL THINK AGAIN! I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF THE KEARNY BOOSTER CLUB AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE MEMBERS THAT ARE MEMBERS AT ALL. AND AS FOR THE GIFT FOR THE KEARNY BOOSTER KARDNAL OF THE YEAR, PEOPLE SHOULD REALLY MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS. OBVIOUSLY $500 WAS SPENT LAST YEAR ON LAST YEAR'S AWARD. THIS YEARS AWARD WASN'T EVEN PURCHASED YET, SO IF YOU ASK ME, WOW, WITH THE PRICE OF EVERYTHING GOING UP, THE GIFT SHOULD BE WORTH MORE. THAT PERSON DESERVES IT FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION.

P.S. "SOMEONE" STAY OUT OF EVERYTHING AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS, AND STOP MAKING A FOOL OUT OF YOURSELF

WITH THAT GRAMMER SCHOOL BEHAVIOUR, THIS GOES FOR YOUR NEW FRIEND TOO. DON'T THE BOTH OF YOU HAVE CHILDREN IN SCHOOL?

Does the High School Booster Club, which supposedly raises money for kids, using kids to raise that money, really spend it on adults? Is it true that $500 is spent on an ADULT, while kids do not get even T-Shirts or anything from this Booster Club? How is this club still sanctioned by the Board of Education?

CONGRATULATIONS to the "Kardinal of the Year"!!!!

If all you parents are that involved with the Kardinal football program and booster club, than you would know that this was a "honor" long time coming. For all you new parents, and veteran parents, if we did half of what this Kardinal of the Year has done over many, many years and has supported all the teams as they have done, then all our programs and clubs would be the best they can be. Yes, the clubs are there to support the athletes, but you always have a hand full of honest adults that go over and beyond the call of duty. Since you can only have one Kardinal of Year, that special person should be recogonized for their extra efforts. As for all the other adults and parents, keep up the good work, remember it is for the good of the athletes and that is what the main concern should be.

To the "Very Concerned Parents", If the money spent on the Kardinal of the Year is your main concern, then become a booster club member. Put all your energy and concerns into raising money for the athletes, then at the meetings you can question the amount being spent on the Kardinal of the Year. You can not put a price on the time and effort spent through many, many years of dedication.

Guest Booster Member
Why are you bashing the Booster Club? The books have been audited and everything is accounted for. Could it be you were one of the 2 people embarassing yourselves at the most recent fundraiser and now you are trying to get out of the spotlight?

The books have NOT been audited. They will be soon.

Guest xs and os

[/quot

THE BOOSTER CLUB DOSE HAVE PROBLEMS. BUT GIVING AWARDS TO PEOPLE THAT HAVE GIVEN MANY YEARS AND HOURS OF SERVICE

TO THE CLUB IS NOT ONE OF THEM.THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THE CLUB CAN USE THE MONEY ANYWAY IT FEELS AS LONG AS THE MONEY IS

SPENT TO PROMOTE THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND CHEERING PROGRAM. IT ALSO CAN USE THE MONEY TO PROMOTE ITSELF BY HONNORING

LONG TIME MEMBERS SOMTHING THIS CLUB IS VERY SHORT OF...........MEMBERS...

3 questions for u "xs and os".

1. Why are there so few members?

2. What are the current "problems" within the booster club?

3. If you already know aho the recipient is, what exactly has he/she done to be rewarded as an adult for service to the football program?

The books were NEVER officially audited. Do u know what a REAL audit is? The Booster Club soon will if you are not sure. An audit is not a Board checking it own bills off at the LCCC. It is done by an INDEPENDENT company or legal authority. The KBC will be getting educated on that REAL soon! Thank god we got a new treasurer in there!

Yes they have.

Guest xs and os
3 questions for u "xs and os".

1. Why are there so few members?

2. What are the current "problems" within the booster club?

3. If you already know aho the recipient is, what exactly has he/she done to be rewarded as an adult for service to the football program?

THERE ARE MANY RESONS FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD

1 THE CLUB HAS A REPUTATION OF BEING A CLUB THAT SITS AND BASHES PEOPLE AND NEW IDEAS,THAT REP STOPS NEW AND OLD

MEMBERS FROM SUPPORTING THE CLUB. THERE ARE LONG TIME SUPPORTERS THAT WILL NOT GIVE A PENNY BECAUSE OF PEOPLE THAT ARE INVOLVED IN THE CLUB AS MEMBERS..... HOW DO U FIX THAT ???? { IDON'T KNOW WHERE IT STARTED OR WHEN BUT THATS THE REP I HERE}

2 THE CLUB HAS TO SPEND SOME MONEY SUPPORTING THE CLUB ITSELF..TO MEND THAT REP. OR START OVER

3 REMEMBER ITS A SOCIAL CLUB .U HAVE TO MAKE IT FUN ,,U WILL NOT GET NEW MEMBER IF ITS NOT FUN TO JOIN......

4 THE LEADERSHIP HAS TO STICK WTH THE OUT COME OF A VOTE. AND NOT OVERTURN IT AND DO AS HE OR SHE FEELS.

BECAUSE" THATS HOW IT ALWAYE WAS DONE.".....THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE IN THE CLUB TRYING TO HELP FOOTBALL GROW IN KEARNY THAT ARE NOT SUPPORTED BECAUSE OF PAST PROBLEMS THIS ALSO CUTS DOWN ON MEMBERS. NEW MEMBERS JOIN AND THEN LEAVE

5 CHANGE THE WAY THING ARE DONE IN THE CLUB ...NEW IDEAS ...ITHINK THIS CLUB IS STUCK IN THE PAST JUST LIKE ITS BI-LAWS

AS FOR YOUR #3 IF YOU WERE AT THE AWARDS DINNER SUPPORTING FOOTBALL IN TOWN YOU HEARD WHAT SHE DID OVER THE YEARS...

REMEMBER .....CHANGE IS GOOD.....IF YOU KEEP DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER THE SAME WAY THE OUTCOME WILL BE THE SAME

NO MEMBERS CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE .......

The books were NEVER officially audited. Do u know what a REAL audit is? The Booster Club soon will if you are not sure. An audit is not a Board checking it own bills off at the LCCC. It is done by an INDEPENDENT company or legal authority. The KBC will be getting educated on that REAL soon! Thank god we got a new treasurer in there!

WHO WAS CHECKING BOOKS AT THE LCCC?

The audit was done properly. Where it was held is neither here nor there. The board checked receipts and disbursements. They have nothing to hide. Besides if something did turn up from previous years, it wouldn't be on this board.

The President was definitely in charge when said disgressions took place. It will most definitely be on him. There will be a meeting called by the Board of Education and other authorities very soon, that is for sure!

IF WE ARE LOOKING TO CHANGE THINGS IN THIS CLUB- WE NEED TO LEAVE THE PAST BEHIND AND MOVE FOWARD....IT JUST SEEMS THERE ARE CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.....CAN WE PLEASE GO ON FROM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The President was definitely in charge when said disgressions took place. It will most definitely be on him. There will be a meeting called by the Board of Education and other authorities very soon, that is for sure!

The BOE will not get involved in this. The Booster Club is not governed by the BOE. It is a private organization with its own tax id #.

Yes the pres. was there but the money problem happened before that which leaves the treasurer responsible. the treasurer always collected all money after the games and at meetings NEVER GAVE EXPENSES ACCOUnTED FOR. They nevr got any report of money spent. And for your concern I don't think u want authorities involved or YOU will definitely pop up of STEALING!!!!!! I am glad not to be there anymore but not because of the exec. board but because of you and you know who u are!!!!!!!!HEARD THIS YEAR WENT VERY WELL WITH CERTAIN PEOPLE GETTING CAGHT IN LIES. again, U ARE NOT FOR THE KIDS BUT YOUR OWN. By the way I also heard your recent fundraiser was a flop because 2 of u acted like children. Well good luck if authorities are involved

Guest TICKED OFF

Change was coming! Now any good players we did have will be leaving, all due to a few people, who ironically don't even have kids in the program.

All the time, it is said "we are here for the kids". Well, what does the Booster Club do for the kids? What do the kids get with all the money that is fund raised? The Booster Club has the worst reputation in town, and has for 14 years now. unless drastic steps are taken, unfortunately it is kids who are suffering, not any parents whom the Booster Club has chosen to bash.

IF WE ARE LOOKING TO CHANGE THINGS IN THIS CLUB- WE NEED TO LEAVE THE PAST BEHIND AND MOVE FOWARD....IT JUST SEEMS THERE ARE CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.....CAN WE PLEASE GO ON FROM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Bobby K

The Board of Education will be getting involved. They have to! As will the administration. There are a LOT of things people do NOT know that is going on. And yes, The President will have a LOT to answer for.

The BOE will not get involved in this. The Booster Club is not governed by the BOE. It is a private organization with its own tax id #.

The Board of Education will be getting involved. They have to! As will the administration. There are a LOT of things people do NOT know that is going on. And yes, The President will have a LOT to answer for.

The BOE is not is control of the Booster Clubs. They WILL NOT get involved. The organization did everything they were suppose to do. They obtained a tax id# that they never had before, they audited the books, that was never done before and they seem to be putting people in their place, apparently, that is what is causing the problem. You have a small group of people who think they can do a better job, but when push came to shove and a vote was taken, the current board prevailed. Now the "losers" are upset and crying foul. Well hopefully soon enough the legal system will put one of the "losers" where he belongs and will allow this club to get back to what they have done for all the past years, help the kids.

Do not allow the little bits and pieces you get on this site to sway you to think that something corrupt is going on, because it is not. The only thing that is disgraceful and corrupt is the parent who encouraged his sons to boo people at the award banquet. That is not sportsmanship, he and the boys should be embarassed after all the support the boys were given the past 3 years.

Well now it is wrestling season, hopefully that board can deal with the "loser" and his girlfriend.

Guest deepthroat 2

Please check the status of that Tax ID. It is suppose to be renewed each year and from what I have heard, they use the school's tax ID when they make their large purchases like the KHS clothing they sell. It just takes someone to check. That will start the ball rolling.