How sweet it is.

Guest Keith

'nuff said.

I have waited for this moment for 40 years. I haven't felt like this since before Bobby was killed.

Matthew called me last evening after the win. His dormitory room overlooks Eighth Avenue in Manhattan's Chelsea section. The celebration in Times Square was extending at least that far. People were in the streets, celebrating, yelling, hugging each other. Car horns were blowing. He and a group of friends went downstairs and walked through the crowd up to Times Square and joined in. Katie said the same thing was happening on her campus at Drew in Madison, NJ.

The detractors have already started detracting. Joe Scarborough is on his program this morning saying Obama has been deified, that our expectations were unrealistic. In other words, "No you can't." Let's prove him wrong.

Speaking for myself, I have no illusions. The President elect has told us that the election is not change, but only an opportunity for change; that the work we need to do will not be accomplished quickly; and that all Americans must work hard and sacrifice to make it happen. We will have to fight against some very powerful interests just to achieve energy independence, and that's only one issue.

But this morning, I believe it is achievable again. The dream of a better country and a better people is alive again, after a long period of dormancy. Today I'll make some calls to people I know to ask what I can do to help. I hope everyone will look for a way to serve.

That's correct. But Obama hasn't even taken office yet and he's already looking for wiggle room.

No one in the majority that voted for him was naive enough to anything of substance would be easy or happen overnight. As a country we need to get back on the right track. That is what Obama is talking about.

If you want to pout, sit around licking your wounds and B**ch be my guest. The majority of us are going to embrace this moment and each do our own thing to move us all forward. If you don't want to help, then get out of the way.

I have waited for this moment for 40 years. I haven't felt like this since before Bobby was killed.

Matthew called me last evening after the win. His dormitory room overlooks Eighth Avenue in Manhattan's Chelsea section. The celebration in Times Square was extending at least that far. People were in the streets, celebrating, yelling, hugging each other. Car horns were blowing. He and a group of friends went downstairs and walked through the crowd up to Times Square and joined in. Katie said the same thing was happening on her campus at Drew in Madison, NJ.

The detractors have already started detracting. Joe Scarborough is on his program this morning saying Obama has been deified, that our expectations were unrealistic. In other words, "No you can't." Let's prove him wrong.

Speaking for myself, I have no illusions. The President elect has told us that the election is not change, but only an opportunity for change; that the work we need to do will not be accomplished quickly; and that all Americans must work hard and sacrifice to make it happen. We will have to fight against some very powerful interests just to achieve energy independence, and that's only one issue.

But this morning, I believe it is achievable again. The dream of a better country and a better people is alive again, after a long period of dormancy. Today I'll make some calls to people I know to ask what I can do to help. I hope everyone will look for a way to serve.

Weren't you this giddy when Clinton took office?

Guest Good Night

Are you really that arrogant? Who cares where your children are located. If you really want to get involved and "serve" then by all means do so.

But why tell all of us, just do it. I'm sure that if any one of us want to do the same we will.

Were you and Bobby really that close? Maybe. Thanks for the name drop.

40 years of slumber - where did the time go. It's all a blur of despair, thank goodness I didn't miss anything.

There's a new President, someone remember to get the nameplate ready. I wonder if the people running the country actually noticed.

P.S. Don't reply, I'm just speaking for myself. Wanted to hear/see it out there - in the atmosphere. It was too much for me to keep all locked up inside my own head with just me to know how wonderful I am. Geez Paul, I really like your outlook most times, but damn give it a rest.

Guest Lincoln Logger

Backpeddling already. The sign said "Change", not "Hope for Change". How many years are you planning for him to do this, 40 ? As far as deification, I will leave that up to my religion and not some made up one that you peddling here. Now you are asking for sacrifices- As you say with your Democrats "Happy Days are Here Again".

Guest 2smart4u

OMG. Your post has made me nauseous. After months of maligning everyone right of center, you now want to go skipping down the street singing Kumbaya and blowing kisses. Please stay off my street.

Weren't you this giddy when Clinton took office?

I'm not sure why you're so interested in what I think of Clinton. You've already made up your mind what the answer is, but I'll tell you anyway.

No. I never saw Clinton as a transformational leader. He was not my first choice in the primary season in 1992, and it was obvious that his strategy was going to be damage control during a conservative era in American politics.

Are you really that arrogant? Who cares where your children are located. If you really want to get involved and "serve" then by all means do so.

But why tell all of us, just do it. I'm sure that if any one of us want to do the same we will.

Were you and Bobby really that close? Maybe. Thanks for the name drop.

40 years of slumber - where did the time go. It's all a blur of despair, thank goodness I didn't miss anything.

There's a new President, someone remember to get the nameplate ready. I wonder if the people running the country actually noticed.

P.S. Don't reply, I'm just speaking for myself. Wanted to hear/see it out there - in the atmosphere. It was too much for me to keep all locked up inside my own head with just me to know how wonderful I am. Geez Paul, I really like your outlook most times, but damn give it a rest.

But I choose to reply. You're being a jerk. I can be involved in politics and post here at the same time.

This is supposed to be a community board, so I can't see why I shouldn't talk about my kids, my family, etc. That's what a community does. Of course, it's hard to do that when everyone is anonymous. It's the first thing I'd like to see changed about this board. We should know who is posting. If you're not willing to put your name to it, then don't write it. Would you have the courage to say what you just wrote to my face? If so, then do it. If not, then keep it to yourself.

As for Bobby, that's how we think of him. Referring to him that way was the best way of getting my meaning across. I notice you're not asking me who I meant.

Backpeddling already. The sign said "Change", not "Hope for Change". How many years are you planning for him to do this, 40 ? As far as deification, I will leave that up to my religion and not some made up one that you peddling here. Now you are asking for sacrifices- As you say with your Democrats "Happy Days are Here Again".

You're not listening. The election is not the change. The change is in the new direction of the country. That will require work. You've gotten used to the irresponsible right telling you that you could have it all without paying for it. If you want to build something, you have to work at it. Sorry, but that's how it is.

Exactly what do you expect Obama to do before he's sworn in, except what he's doing?

No one in the majority that voted for him was naive enough to anything of substance would be easy or happen overnight. As a country we need to get back on the right track. That is what Obama is talking about.

If you want to pout, sit around licking your wounds and B**ch be my guest. The majority of us are going to embrace this moment and each do our own thing to move us all forward. If you don't want to help, then get out of the way.

Why is it that when someone makes a comment or an observation, (" That's correct. But Obama hasn't even taken office yet and he's already looking for wiggle room"), the response has to negative and unconstructive as the one quoted above? By the way, the 52% or so majority that voted for Obama made him the clear winner, but frankly, I personally don't know what this majority was thinking when they cast their respective votes; so many things were in play. So, I am rather reassured that there is someone omnipotent enough to know that "no one in the majority that voted for him was naive enough to anything of substance would be easy or happen overnight."

I too want to see us, as a country and as Americans, move forward; reaching new heights, progressing in new directions - together as a people. And if someone is reluctant to move forward, I'm not going to shout and say get out of the way, I'm going to try to reason with them and take extra time to invite them along.

You're not listening. The election is not the change. The change is in the new direction of the country. That will require work. You've gotten used to the irresponsible right telling you that you could have it all without paying for it. If you want to build something, you have to work at it. Sorry, but that's how it is.

You're kidding- right?

Why is it that when someone makes a comment or an observation, (" That's correct. But Obama hasn't even taken office yet and he's already looking for wiggle room"), the response has to negative and unconstructive as the one quoted above? By the way, the 52% or so majority that voted for Obama made him the clear winner, but frankly, I personally don't know what this majority was thinking when they cast their respective votes; so many things were in play. So, I am rather reassured that there is someone omnipotent enough to know that "no one in the majority that voted for him was naive enough to anything of substance would be easy or happen overnight."

I too want to see us, as a country and as Americans, move forward; reaching new heights, progressing in new directions - together as a people. And if someone is reluctant to move forward, I'm not going to shout and say get out of the way, I'm going to try to reason with them and take extra time to invite them along.

Here's some negative for you. f**k you!

Here's some negative for you. f**k you!

Wow, how thought provoking!! An expletive. You're so deep. Old proverb: "It is best to remain silent and let people think that you're a fool, then to open your mouth, and remove all doubt." This goes for keyboards as well.

Guest 2smart4u.
Wow, how thought provoking!! An expletive. You're so deep. Old proverb: "It is best to remain silent and let people think that you're a fool, then to open your mouth, and remove all doubt." This goes for keyboards as well.

Go easy on Keith, he has Tourette Syndrome.

One would expect nothing more from one blessed with so much ignorance! Such expression must come deep from within and take a great deal of thought and insight!

Nope. Sometimes there is just nothing more appropriate than a good 'ol "f**k you!".

Nope. Sometimes there is just nothing more appropriate than a good 'ol "f**k you!".

I see this reaction as your "across the board" solution to things that are perplexing; have you considered anger management? One other suggestion, perhaps an expansion of your vocabulary is also in order; at least get pass the "f's".