Palin's ignorance, egotism and arrogance

Guest Paul

I have never seen a worse combination of arrogance and ignorance in any candidate for public office than we see in Sarah Palin. The closest thing we have to it is Bush, and we see the results of that.

We know she is a young-earth creationist, the modern equivalent of a flat-earther. She thinks dinosaurs and humans cohabitated on the earth. Just yesterday, she gave her first “major policy address,” apparently because the Republicans think that this will somehow rehabilitate her image and give her some gravitas.

55% of Americans have decided she is not qualified to be President. You would think, after she has said a great many foolish things that led most of us to that conclusion, that she would have been very careful to avoid saying anything else foolish. Instead, she not only criticized, but made fun of research on fruit flies. She wants the money spent on autism instead. Debra and I could hardly believe it, but that’s what she said.

What she said is disqualifying. She obviously does not understand that research on fruit flies has already led to a breakthrough pertaining to a protein that can be used to help people afflicted with autism.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/...70905123832.htm

http://localtechwire.com/business/local_te.../story/1809660/

That’s the point of the research. Yet she dismisses it out of hand, as though in her complete and abject ignorance on the subject she knows more than the scientists who are studying the issue and the doctors who are trying to take advantage of their work. Look at the arrogance in her presentation:

This is not esoteric. It's well-known. Debra and I both knew it the instant Keith Olbermann reported what she had said. A candidate who is that ignorant and that dismissive of science should never be in a position of public trust. These are things every informed citizen should know, let alone our leaders.

Her policy views are also just mind-bending. Now let’s get this straight. John McCain wants to freeze all spending. If the government freezes all spending, then it can’t spend money on autism, as Palin wants to do. Apparently an issue that affects her personally is important. The issues that affect other people apparently are not important. She is willing to change the entire governing strategy of the entire federal government to attend to her personal needs, but not for anyone else, not even if a program would help millions of people apparently. And of course she expects the rest of us just to go along with her. So not only is she ignorant and arrogant, she is dangerously self-centered.

I think research to help people with autism should be funded, but not because Sarah Palin has an afflicted child. Every time she opens her mouth, she gives me another reason to hope she never attains any position of importance.

Her candidacy is sheer lunacy.

Paul,

Did you just call someone ELSE egotistical and arrogant. That may be the funniest thing I've ever read . . . . . . . IN MY LIFE!!

You pass judgement on every person on the board; those you agree with are thoughtful and enlightened, and the ones you don't are any number of derogatory comments. I respect that you hold different points of view; everyone else has that right as well.

I swear the people who think they know everything, really piss off those of us that do. LOL. (Had to add that in case someone thought I was serious.)

It appears that some inside the McCain campaign itself would, at least privately, agree with that conclusion. It's starting to come to the surface now that the McCain campaign is going into a self-destructive finger pointing mode in the face of what is now a near-certain defeat in the upcoming election.

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/200...me-game-begins/

“She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone,” said this McCain adviser. “She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family, or anyone else.”
“Her lack of fundamental understanding of some key issues was dramatic,” said another McCain source with direct knowledge of the process to prepare Palin after she was picked. The source said it was probably the “hardest” to get her “up to speed than any candidate in history.”

Guest 2smart4u
Say all you about Sarah Palin, as it is hard to dispute but please don't mention Keith Olbermann...Keith Olbermann is a jackass.

Keith Olbermann is well liked, by all 8 Loonys that watch him.

Paul,

Did you just call someone ELSE egotistical and arrogant. That may be the funniest thing I've ever read . . . . . . . IN MY LIFE!!

You pass judgement on every person on the board; those you agree with are thoughtful and enlightened, and the ones you don't are any number of derogatory comments. I respect that you hold different points of view; everyone else has that right as well.

I swear the people who think they know everything, really piss off those of us that do. LOL. (Had to add that in case someone thought I was serious.)

Apparently you don't read much.

Palin is egotistical and arrogant. She's also ignorant. Her comments about fruit flies, in the same speech as her comments about autism, prove her ignorance. The way she delivered them proves her arrogance. The fact that the only exception she wants to McCain's proposed spending freeze is about an issue that affects her personally proves her egotism.

When Paul runs for Vice President, you can tell the world what an awful person he is.

I have never seen a worse combination of arrogance and ignorance in any candidate for public office than we see in Sarah Palin. The closest thing we have to it is Bush, and we see the results of that.

We know she is a young-earth creationist, the modern equivalent of a flat-earther. She thinks dinosaurs and humans cohabitated on the earth. Just yesterday, she gave her first “major policy address,” apparently because the Republicans think that this will somehow rehabilitate her image and give her some gravitas.

55% of Americans have decided she is not qualified to be President. You would think, after she has said a great many foolish things that led most of us to that conclusion, that she would have been very careful to avoid saying anything else foolish. Instead, she not only criticized, but made fun of research on fruit flies. She wants the money spent on autism instead. Debra and I could hardly believe it, but that’s what she said.

What she said is disqualifying. She obviously does not understand that research on fruit flies has already led to a breakthrough pertaining to a protein that can be used to help people afflicted with autism.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/...70905123832.htm

Paul, you should LOVE Sarah Palin. She is handing the election to Obama. Had McCain selected Romney as his running mate, Romney would have KILLED Biden on the economic issues that arose prior to the VP debate (and continue today) instead of side-stepping the issues and chanting Drill, Baby, Drill. He also would have been available to step to the forefront on the economic issues the way no other individual on any ticket could do. I'm not saying that I love Romney, I'm just saying he would have been a much better choice (of course, I think Elmer Fudd would have been a better choice, but whatever).

Also, the Hail-Palin completely cut McCain's legs out from underneath him on (I think) his strongest position - experience. How can he slam Obama and his 144 days of service when he chose someone clearly not ready to run the country either.

So go out and buy up the Sarah Palin Cabbage Patch kids, and give 'em to your friends and neighbors. Come Thanksgiving, I think she'll be the reason you're most thankful this year!

http://localtechwire.com/business/local_te.../story/1809660/

That’s the point of the research. Yet she dismisses it out of hand, as though in her complete and abject ignorance on the subject she knows more than the scientists who are studying the issue and the doctors who are trying to take advantage of their work. Look at the arrogance in her presentation:

This is not esoteric. It's well-known. Debra and I both knew it the instant Keith Olbermann reported what she had said. A candidate who is that ignorant and that dismissive of science should never be in a position of public trust. These are things every informed citizen should know, let alone our leaders.

Her policy views are also just mind-bending. Now let’s get this straight. John McCain wants to freeze all spending. If the government freezes all spending, then it can’t spend money on autism, as Palin wants to do. Apparently an issue that affects her personally is important. The issues that affect other people apparently are not important. She is willing to change the entire governing strategy of the entire federal government to attend to her personal needs, but not for anyone else, not even if a program would help millions of people apparently. And of course she expects the rest of us just to go along with her. So not only is she ignorant and arrogant, she is dangerously self-centered.

I think research to help people with autism should be funded, but not because Sarah Palin has an afflicted child. Every time she opens her mouth, she gives me another reason to hope she never attains any position of importance.