the number one reason why Obama should be President

Guest Guest

Here is an excerpt from Joe Klein’s article on Barack Obama in the current issue of Time magazine:

“He wants to launch an "Apollo project" to build a new alternative-energy economy. His rationale for doing so includes some hard truths about the current economic mess: "The engine of economic growth for the past 20 years is not going to be there for the next 20. That was consumer spending. Basically, we turbocharged this economy based on cheap credit." But the days of easy credit are over, Obama said, "because there is too much deleveraging taking place, too much debt." A new economic turbocharger is going to have to be found, and "there is no better potential driver that pervades all aspects of our economy than a new energy economy ... That's going to be my No. 1 priority when I get into office."”

See page 5 at http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/...1853025,00.html

Guest 2smart4u
Here is an excerpt from Joe Klein’s article on Barack Obama in the current issue of Time magazine:

“He wants to launch an "Apollo project" to build a new alternative-energy economy. His rationale for doing so includes some hard truths about the current economic mess: "The engine of economic growth for the past 20 years is not going to be there for the next 20. That was consumer spending. Basically, we turbocharged this economy based on cheap credit." But the days of easy credit are over, Obama said, "because there is too much deleveraging taking place, too much debt." A new economic turbocharger is going to have to be found, and "there is no better potential driver that pervades all aspects of our economy than a new energy economy ... That's going to be my No. 1 priority when I get into office."”

See page 5 at http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/...1853025,00.html

Wow, an "Apollo Project"! I hope Joe and the rest of the plumbers have a lot of money.

Wow, an "Apollo Project"! I hope Joe and the rest of the plumbers have a lot of money.

Please stop just reacting and think it through. We are exporting $700 billion to China per year, and climbing every year, to pay for oil from the Middle East. Joe, you and all of us are already paying vast sums of money to fuel our consumption. Every time you buy gas or turn on the heat or a gas stove, you're paying for not having other sources of energy. The reason for the Apollo-like project to develop new sources of energy is so we don't have to keep spending those $700 billion every year.

If we do this, we will all be better off. We will save money.

If we do not do it, we will all be worse off. We will keep sending vast amounts of money out of the country.

The next economic boom will be in the form of technology. Technology was not always defined as computers. At one point, it was railroads ... then typewriters ... and on and on until present. The next "technology" will be alternative energy. And either America will be the point country on that agenda (and reap the rewards) or another country will be.

Guest 2smart4u
The next economic boom will be in the form of technology. Technology was not always defined as computers. At one point, it was railroads ... then typewriters ... and on and on until present. The next "technology" will be alternative energy. And either America will be the point country on that agenda (and reap the rewards) or another country will be.

Have you always been so smart?