Is this really a Kearny discussions forum?

Guest Charlie Brown

Guest Charlie Brown

Most of you people posting here on this site, whether pro-Republican or Democrat, really have nothing to say. You just continue to find fault with the other party but that shouldnt really come as a surprise to me because that's all each party campaign does themselves. What's the point in continuing to simply highlight the campaign news of the day when we are all able to read and watch (ad nauseum) on 24hr a day internet/news channels. It's all so childish to me. The name calling and blame games are getting old, folks. This coming election is important to our country and should not be treated like an upcoming sporting event where both sides and their fans just say nasty things about each other.

Back to my reason for writing in the first place...Isn't this forum supposed to be about local news, issues and events? Get a grasp people. You are embarrassing to read. Unless someone has something positive or productive to say or discuss (as adults) please refrain from saying anything at all. Leave the "looney left and right" comments at the door. Grow up.

Good Grief!

Most of you people posting here on this site, whether pro-Republican or Democrat, really have nothing to say. You just continue to find fault with the other party but that shouldnt really come as a surprise to me because that's all each party campaign does themselves. What's the point in continuing to simply highlight the campaign news of the day when we are all able to read and watch (ad nauseum) on 24hr a day internet/news channels. It's all so childish to me. The name calling and blame games are getting old, folks. This coming election is important to our country and should not be treated like an upcoming sporting event where both sides and their fans just say nasty things about each other.

Back to my reason for writing in the first place...Isn't this forum supposed to be about local news, issues and events? Get a grasp people. You are embarrassing to read. Unless someone has something positive or productive to say or discuss (as adults) please refrain from saying anything at all. Leave the "looney left and right" comments at the door. Grow up.

Good Grief!

In the first place, if you're going to post something like this, then offer something constructive to discuss. Your post, Charlie Brown, is nothing different than what you're complaining about. At least people, including me, are posting topics that have a little substance to them. You may not like that it's not about Kearny specifically, but I happen to think that Kearny is in the United States, so national issues matter here.

There is, of course, a way for the Administrators to address your concern, if they wish to do so. They could open a national issues section. It's up to them. For now, I post here in Kearny.

Speaking for myself, I open topics and post here because I believe in the vision of citizenship set forth by our Founding Fathers. They envisioned robust discussions among citizens. I wish these discussions were more substantive, but there again, I've tried to challenge people to be more substantive. I even got 2smart4u to respond seriously a couple of times. Apparently, the fact that we are fellow Americans got through to him briefly. It didn't last, but maybe someday he'll think back to how those few exchanges felt and looked, and change how he does things.