Gridlock!!!!!!!!

Guest Chopper 4

Does anyone like sitting in the mess in the morning?  It took me 30 minutes to get from Sherman ave to the path station.  Who do we complain to?  Does anyone agree with me on this

The traffic lights on Rodgers Blvd. are supposedly timed to prevent speeding. WHAT A JOKE, SPEEDING? You cannot go 2 blocks without getting a red stop light! I can't see redevelopers putting their money into anything here, until this intolerable traffic mess is cleared up. All it would take is a simple retiming of the traffic lights in town. Do we have a traffic signal dep't any longer?

Does anyone like sitting in the mess in the morning?  It took me 30 minutes to get from Sherman ave to the path station.  Who do we complain to?  Does anyone agree with me on this

I sure would like to see when the stadium traffic and the traffic with at least 12,000 other cars for the 6,000 units that they are building (2 cars per family), what our streets will look like then. These crossing guards have their work cut out, betweeen all the kids crossing to go to school and the traffic, THIS IS CRAZY.

Good luck to you, YES I AGREE

Something has to be done about this traffic it's a mess this town. I guess the town officials don't have to go through this everyday they just make the decisions they want not caring one bit about the residents of Harrison. We are getting fed up. Sorry but I went through almost the same shit you went through getting in and out of town.

I'ts time to get the heck out of here, can you just think of all the additional traffic there is going to be with the Red Bull Stadium? and not to mention all those new town homes. This is no quality of like here anymore just traffic, stress, and pollution.

Yes I agree with you. The traffic was such a mess all around Harrison, and E. Newark. It took me to get to the mini mall 25 minutes from 6th Stree in Harrison.

Complain to your Council and Mayor. See what they will do. Nothing.

Hey I feel your pain and it is a real pain, no need in complaining these clowns don't listen, don't you live around here and realize that the decisions that are made are not to benefit the people that live here. This is not what we asked for.

You are an ASS, do you have anything better to say when we are mainly trying to converse about the stressfull drive through town.  YOU IDIOT

borrow councilman's rodgers scooter, ride a bike like et ,WALK YOUR ASS. IF IT'S TOO PAINFUL FOR YOU THEN MOVE OUT OF STATE. GO HANG WITH YOUR COUSINS DOWN SOUTH. HEEEEHAW! :angry:

Guest SilverFox
The traffic lights on Rodgers Blvd. are supposedly timed to prevent speeding. WHAT A JOKE, SPEEDING? You cannot go 2 blocks without getting a red stop light! I can't see redevelopers putting their money into anything here, until this intolerable traffic mess is cleared up. All it would take is a simple retiming of the traffic lights in town. Do we have a traffic signal dep't any longer?

I'll bet you a 1/4 we don't :angry::P:P

Guest Bones Will Soon Surface
Hey I feel your pain and it is a real pain, no need in complaining these clowns don't listen, don't you live around here and realize that the decisions that are made are not to benefit the people that live here. This is not what we asked for.

Perhaps the most intelligent reply on this board.

Decisions are not made in this town to benefit the residents. Decisions are made to benefit the decision makers.

The traffic problem is not only unique to Harrison, it's all over. Did you ever check the Turnpike, Parkway, RT78, other towns.

The problem is in Harrison, is no one addresses the situation to try and make it better. There are no traffic rules here. And traffic rules are not enforced.

There is going to be traffic, won't get rid of it, however some modern updates to traffic signal and such would help. With the 280 ramp closed, everyone needs to go to Bergen Ave. The traffic signal is old. There should be left turn only while all other traffic waits. But no, the light turns green in all directions, so you have people waiting to make turns, pedestrians crossing and such. A very simple problem to address is an updated traffic flow. Update no left tuns and turn a few streets into one way.

Traffic must move on main roads, not my side streets.

Need more examples, I'l give you more.