Anyone remember the fire at Holy Cross School 1981-ish

Guest *Kristine*

Guest *Kristine*

Hi!! Wondering if anyone can help me with a few pieces of information. I am a third grade teacher in Jersey City. My class is in the process of writing their personal narratives. For modeling's sake, I wanted to tell the story of how my school (Holy Cross) caught fire when I was in second grade. I know that it was sometime between 1981-1982.

If anyone has any other information to fill in the gaps for me, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!! :angry:

Hi!! Wondering if anyone can help me with a few pieces of information. I am a third grade teacher in Jersey City. My class is in the process of writing their personal narratives. For modeling's sake, I wanted to tell the story of how my school (Holy Cross) caught fire when I was in second grade. I know that it was sometime between 1981-1982.

If anyone has any other information to fill in the gaps for me, it would be greatly appreciated!!

If I were you, I would contact the H.F.D. They have only had 3 or 4 fires since 81'-82' they will definitely remember! If they're awake!

hAPPENED In 1981 someone broke in and set the fire we were out of school for a while and then had to move to classrooms on different floors because of fire and water damage. It started in the main office

Guest CRONKITE

Thanks!! :lol:

can you say...KOZIEROWSKI

Thanks!! :lol:

Try calling the rectory 973-484-5678, they should be able to help you.

If you need any information on dumpster fires please contact whichever councilman is making triple figures to monitor such events. They were very dangerous fires and I believe mutual aid was necessary.