POSITIVE KARD FOOTBALL TALK

Guest FOOTBALL PARENT

Guest FOOTBALL PARENT

This new coach is GREAT. The enitire coaching staff is AWESOME. These kids are working hard, and starting to see some success. They have already achieved the first step accomplishing something we did not have: They are competitive! Now they have won their first game. These are tough kids who represent their school. These boys are willing to put it on the line and not just talk from the stands. They refuse to hear "same old kearny football" talk.

There is a new feeling around town, younger kids are starting to walk around with footballs instead of soccer balls. While football will never 'replace' soccer in town, there is room for 2 succesful programs, and football can certainly carve its own niche. The Head Coach and DeCo are tough dudes and that toughness is trickling down to all levels of the program. Only a matter of time before many start to notice.

Today, Kearny Football received their first Hudson County ranking in a LONG time. A nice reward for all the hard work these kids have put in all year. And there is more to come. These players do not back down, they do not make excuses and they fear no team. In the past players and coaches would cry saying the schedule was too tough; now the team just goes out and plays their best no matter who they are playing. It will get better too; we currently start and play a lot of underclassmen who are getting significant experience for the future. They will get bigger and stronger. Some great things are in store for this program!

Guest KEARNY FOOTBALL FAN
This new coach is GREAT. The enitire coaching staff is AWESOME. These kids are working hard, and starting to see some success. They have already achieved the first step accomplishing something we did not have: They are competitive! Now they have won their first game. These are tough kids who represent their school. These boys are willing to put it on the line and not just talk from the stands. They refuse to hear "same old kearny football" talk.

There is a new feeling around town, younger kids are starting to walk around with footballs instead of soccer balls. While football will never 'replace' soccer in town, there is room for 2 succesful programs, and football can certainly carve its own niche. The Head Coach and DeCo are tough dudes and that toughness is trickling down to all levels of the program. Only a matter of time before many start to notice.

Today, Kearny Football received their first Hudson County ranking in a LONG time. A nice reward for all the hard work these kids have put in all year. And there is more to come. These players do not back down, they do not make excuses and they fear no team. In the past players and coaches would cry saying the schedule was too tough; now the team just goes out and plays their best no matter who they are playing. It will get better too; we currently start and play a lot of underclassmen who are getting significant experience for the future. They will get bigger and stronger. Some great things are in store for this program!

This week will be a telling week as well. Having been to all the home games, there appears to be some talent there. There is a very big "howevers" in this year’s team. First the number of players is small for a varsity football team. Especially one also suiting up its JV team as well. I believe that I counted less than 30 players on the Kearny Team. That caused a big problem in the Westfield game in which Westfield had over twice the number of players as Kearny. It showed in the second half when they had fresh players to put in. By that time, no matter what conditioning these athletes had, the Kearny players tired and it showed. The last game the two teams were evenly matched in the number of players and the two teams seemed evenly matched. That was advantage Kearny.

It always seems to be the same players that this coach plays. I was trying to count last game and for most of the game I could count about a dozen players who consistently played both sides of the ball. The other players were just used on kickoffs and punt returns. Its demanding a lot from these players and a good coach will know how to use his players in and out so they don't get exhausted. That is weakness one of Kearny.

This week they go against Elizabeth in Elizabeth. Since it is the known as being the largest high school in New Jersey, I am sure that they will have more than double the 30 football players on their team. I would be shocked otherwise. I am trying to keep a positive spin on this topic but I don't know how they are going to compete against them. Someone told me they were not even originally suppose to be on the Kearny schedule this year but the AD backed down to appease the Conference. It shouldn’t matter because next year they are going to be in a different conference anyway and that should be advantage Kearny. But we are talking about this year. We are talking about these 30 football athletes going against a much larger school with many more players. For those who saw the movie "300" we know this team can fight, we saw it last week. We know this team has heart. It is in their work habits. In the end the Spartans win, but it doesn’t bode well for the 300 in the battle against the masses they faced. I hope and wish this team well this week.

Guest Mr Webster

Nice analogy with the "300" movie. I do think all the kids in the program, from seniors to the frosh, are very special this year, they are working EXTREMELY hard and I feel in the future this will become known as the turning point of when Kearny became a real Football Program.

I just hope we have a good showing at Elizabeth. Being competitive is the first step in building this thing.

This week will be a telling week as well. Having been to all the home games, there appears to be some talent there. There is a very big "howevers" in this year’s team. First the number of players is small for a varsity football team. Especially one also suiting up its JV team as well. I believe that I counted less than 30 players on the Kearny Team. That caused a big problem in the Westfield game in which Westfield had over twice the number of players as Kearny. It showed in the second half when they had fresh players to put in. By that time, no matter what conditioning these athletes had, the Kearny players tired and it showed. The last game the two teams were evenly matched in the number of players and the two teams seemed evenly matched. That was advantage Kearny.

It always seems to be the same players that this coach plays. I was trying to count last game and for most of the game I could count about a dozen players who consistently played both sides of the ball. The other players were just used on kickoffs and punt returns. Its demanding a lot from these players and a good coach will know how to use his players in and out so they don't get exhausted. That is weakness one of Kearny.

This week they go against Elizabeth in Elizabeth. Since it is the known as being the largest high school in New Jersey, I am sure that they will have more than double the 30 football players on their team. I would be shocked otherwise. I am trying to keep a positive spin on this topic but I don't know how they are going to compete against them. Someone told me they were not even originally suppose to be on the Kearny schedule this year but the AD backed down to appease the Conference. It shouldn’t matter because next year they are going to be in a different conference anyway and that should be advantage Kearny. But we are talking about this year. We are talking about these 30 football athletes going against a much larger school with many more players. For those who saw the movie "300" we know this team can fight, we saw it last week. We know this team has heart. It is in their work habits. In the end the Spartans win, but it doesn’t bode well for the 300 in the battle against the masses they faced. I hope and wish this team well this week.

Guest Mr Webster
After tonight 1-3. You are what your record says you are

That is very true. Last 2 years we were 0-4 at this point. Last year we lost our game scrimmage vs. Newark Academy. All our losses were to weak schools. We were a bad, disorganized football team.

This year, as you so eloquently pointed out, we are 1-3, an improvement over last year. 2 of our losses are to Westfield and Elizabeth, 2 teams in the Top 20 in the State of NJ. And we won our Game scrimmage 27-0. Our team is physical, the players are in great shape, and we are very organized.

So the record alone is an IMPROVEMENT.

Guest Kearny Football Fan
That is very true. Last 2 years we were 0-4 at this point. Last year we lost our game scrimmage vs. Newark Academy. All our losses were to weak schools. We were a bad, disorganized football team.

This year, as you so eloquently pointed out, we are 1-3, an improvement over last year. 2 of our losses are to Westfield and Elizabeth, 2 teams in the Top 20 in the State of NJ. And we won our Game scrimmage 27-0. Our team is physical, the players are in great shape, and we are very organized.

So the record alone is an IMPROVEMENT.

Just a reminder that there is no game this week 10/10/08. This is a bye week for the team. Next week is a big home game so please stay tuned and mostly please support these kids.

• 4 weeks later...
Just a reminder that there is no game this week 10/10/08. This is a bye week for the team. Next week is a big home game so please stay tuned and mostly please support these kids.

This friday night, November 7th is Senior Fairwell. This is occuring starting at 6 p.m. before the Kearny High school football game which starts at 7 p.m. There is going to be a special fairwell to a boy who passed away his freshman year and would have graduated with this present Senior class. We seem to forget about the things that are important in our lives. Asking anyone who knew William Kay or his family, it would be a nice jesture to come to the field before 6 pm and pay respects to his Jersey # 55 that will be shown during that time. Hoping for a good turnout.

This Friday night, 9/14/2008, The Kearny Kardinals’ Football team will play its consolation game in Kearny High at 7 p.m. This team has really given an extremely brave effort this year against teams heading towards the states like Union, Elizabeth, and Westfield. They will be playing Paterson East Side and it should be a very good game. This game is not on the schedule if you are looking for it. If you haven't seen this team, it would be a good time. Get there early. Please come out and support these student athletes this Friday.

Also, for the first time in a number of years there will be a Kearny High football team will be having a Thanksgiving Day game against St Anthony's Elizabeth. The game will be played in Kearny High School stadium at 11 a.m. It might be good to get out of the house that morning and leave the wife to cook while you come and watch a good football game. Hoping to have packed stands as this will be the last game of the season for the Kearny High School Football team.