Where are the cops?

Guest Dan

Yesterday, my friend and I came back to Harrison to have lunch with friends. We ate at Top's and then took a tour of Harrison to look at the various re-development sites for about 1 hour. During that time, we did not see 1 Harrison Police car. Where are the cops? It was between 1PM and 2PM.

We looked at the Townhouses at the former stadium on 1st. St. and saw that the chemical company is still next door. Who would buy there? The Hartz Mountain site stands as a dark reminder of a contaminated site. What's going to happen with these buildings. We saw the steel beams for the Red Bulls Stadium and 7 dollar a day parking next to it. Whose in charge of the meters now? Are the collections theft proof?

Anyway, it was a nice day, but we were glad that we moved out and now reside at the Jersey Shore. The taxes in Harrison are outrageous. At the shore, we are grateful for our VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPTS who do a great job. Having a paid FD would be an economic disaster like in Harrison.

Is the HPD working shorthanded?

Yesterday, my friend and I came back to Harrison to have lunch with friends. We ate at Top's and then took a tour of Harrison to look at the various re-development sites for about 1 hour. During that time, we did not see 1 Harrison Police car. Where are the cops? It was between 1PM and 2PM.

We looked at the Townhouses at the former stadium on 1st. St. and saw that the chemical company is still next door. Who would buy there? The Hartz Mountain site stands as a dark reminder of a contaminated site. What's going to happen with these buildings. We saw the steel beams for the Red Bulls Stadium and 7 dollar a day parking next to it. Whose in charge of the meters now? Are the collections theft proof?

Anyway, it was a nice day, but we were glad that we moved out and now reside at the Jersey Shore. The taxes in Harrison are outrageous. At the shore, we are grateful for our VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPTS who do a great job. Having a paid FD would be an economic disaster like in Harrison.

Hey Dan and your cool friends, shut your pie hole! First of all worry about the white trash shore town that you're from. Second, try to find a cop where you live. (why are you looking for a cop anyway, are you a switch hitter) Third, anyone that drives from the shore just to go to Tops Diner must have a bolt loose! Try an eatery that your familiar with, the parkway rest stop (I bet they know you in the restrooms) You are just another big mouth that brings up stuff on this website that has been brought up a hundred times before. If you have anymore to say just remember lighten up, mind your own business and stay in your low tax, day labor infested, paradise at the 'Shore'. How many volunteer firemen are in jail for trying to be heroes by starting their own fires?

Hey Dan and your cool friends, shut your pie hole! First of all worry about the white trash shore town that you're from. Second, try to find a cop where you live. (why are you looking for a cop anyway, are you a switch hitter) Third, anyone that drives from the shore just to go to Tops Diner must have a bolt loose! Try an eatery that your familiar with, the parkway rest stop (I bet they know you in the restrooms) You are just another big mouth that brings up stuff on this website that has been brought up a hundred times before. If you have anymore to say just remember lighten up, mind your own business and stay in your low tax, day labor infested, paradise at the 'Shore'. How many volunteer firemen are in jail for trying to be heroes by starting their own fires?

No, I'm not a switch hitter like your PC. And why would you imply that? I went to Top's to meet freinds from Harrison and Kearny who have stayed in these Towns. Harrison is only 1 Square mile. You would think that in 1 hour you would see 1 Harrison Patrol Car. As for the Fire Dept, I am grateful that we have great volunteers in our Town and also voulnteer first aid. Like I said, Harrison is only 1 mile. It can't support a high paid FD any more. You are on State welfare. The Stadium won't help. It will just put the taxpayer paying higher taxes. McDonough and Higgins will then retreat to their shore houses and reap the benefits of their high pension plans. And they won't have to pay for an FD.

It's true. Try finding a cop at the shore. Stay down there where's its so great. Why come here. Afraid your missing something.

No, I'm not a switch hitter like your PC. And why would you imply that? I went to Top's to meet freinds from Harrison and Kearny who have stayed in these Towns. Harrison is only 1 Square mile. You would think that in 1 hour you would see 1 Harrison Patrol Car. As for the Fire Dept, I am grateful that we have great volunteers in our Town and also voulnteer first aid. Like I said, Harrison is only 1 mile. It can't support a high paid FD any more. You are on State welfare. The Stadium won't help. It will just put the taxpayer paying higher taxes. McDonough and Higgins will then retreat to their shore houses and reap the benefits of their high pension plans. And they won't have to pay for an FD.

You should have staked out Dunkin Donuts. You wil lusually find them getting their free coffee there or at Farinha's. Around lunch time go to Vinnie's Allstar. They take 1 hour lunches.

I don't deny that the cops could be found at Vinnies having lunch. They don't have a state of the art kitchen like the fireman or time to go grocery shopping while patronizing out of town businesses when they could buy their food at local markets in Harrison. As to lunch at Vinnies Allstar, at least the cops are not pounding beers with their lunch like the on-duty fireman. IMO, WRONG AGAIN!

I HAVE TO AGREE I SIT ON MY PORCH AT NIGHT, AND I DON'T SEE ONE COP GO PASSED MY HOUSE IN A HOUR OR SO.

I HAVE TO AGREE I SIT ON MY PORCH AT NIGHT, AND I DON'T SEE ONE COP GO PASSED MY HOUSE IN A HOUR OR SO.

Remember the days when the cops would ride around real slow that everyone knew every cop. If they would go back to doing that maybe we would get to know them.

Remember the days when the cops would ride around real slow that everyone knew every cop. If they would go back to doing that maybe we would get to know them.

well maybe cause there short handed. i think they are 5 cops short!!!!!!! but don't worry the states report should becoming out and it asks for less cops!!!!!!!!! by the way the last 3 cops that left were not replaced and another veteran traffic officer is leaving october 1st. don't think they are going to replace him either.... FYI the steel for the stadium is in place. WHAT THE FUC$ ARE THE MAYOR AND TOWN COUNCIL WAITING FOR!!!!! start hiring now. we do not need anymore fireman we have more of them than cops!!!!!!

Half of the police cars are broken down at one time or another because the town decided not to order new cars as needed. That is the reason you do not see cop cars riding around. At a 4 man minimum per shift, thats two cops in two cars. I hpoe that answers your question. Feel safe?

I don't deny that the cops could be found at Vinnies having lunch. They don't have a state of the art kitchen like the fireman or time to go grocery shopping while patronizing out of town businesses when they could buy their food at local markets in Harrison. As to lunch at Vinnies Allstar, at least the cops are not pounding beers with their lunch like the on-duty fireman. IMO, WRONG AGAIN!

patronizing out of town businesses.. you want to know why? cause rice and beans s**k

and... secondly

whats wrong with some beers with lunch? if it was breakfast, then there is a problem.

Half of the police cars are broken down at one time or another because the town decided not to order new cars as needed. That is the reason you do not see cop cars riding around. At a 4 man minimum per shift, thats two cops in two cars. I hpoe that answers your question. Feel safe?

YOU NEED TO GET NEW INFO I SEE CARS RIDING WITH ONE COP AT A TIME THERE ARE CARS PARKED ALL OVER AND THEY DO PATROL SOMETIME CHECK OUT HOW MANY UNMARKED CARS THERE ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE THEN LOOK AT THE SUV FLEET THAT ARE ONLY USED BY THE CHOSEN FEW

FEEL SAFE ONLY IF THE COPS WERE DOING THEIR JOB PUT SOME OF THE DETECTIVES IN UNIFORMS AND YOU HAVE A SURPLUS OF PATROL COPS UNLESS THEY ARE INVESTIGATING CRIMES THAT NEVER HAPPENED IN HARRISON ALSO IF THERE ISN'T CRIME WHY THE NEED FOR COPS?

City people complain about the taxes but we stay because we love the city life, down the shore is cheap to live but you have to drive everywhere, which means a whole lot of drinking and driving ,so if you weigh your options i rather stay in Harrison ALIVE...

Yeah your right they will , thats what all thief a.. politicians do, retire down the shore ...have fun with your neighbors...

patronizing out of town businesses.. you want to know why? cause rice and beans s**k

and... secondly

whats wrong with some beers with lunch? if it was breakfast, then there is a problem.

Rice and beans ? Where do you get them i want some ...in case your ignorants ass needs to know 1.Burgers you can buy anywhere in town and

2. Beers with lunch is ok , but NOT if your on duty moran.

YOU NEED TO GET NEW INFO I SEE CARS RIDING WITH ONE COP AT A TIME THERE ARE CARS PARKED ALL OVER AND THEY DO PATROL SOMETIME CHECK OUT HOW MANY UNMARKED CARS THERE ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE THEN LOOK AT THE SUV FLEET THAT ARE ONLY USED BY THE CHOSEN FEW

FEEL SAFE ONLY IF THE COPS WERE DOING THEIR JOB PUT SOME OF THE DETECTIVES IN UNIFORMS AND YOU HAVE A SURPLUS OF PATROL COPS UNLESS THEY ARE INVESTIGATING CRIMES THAT NEVER HAPPENED IN HARRISON ALSO IF THERE ISN'T CRIME WHY THE NEED FOR COPS?

You must have gone to HHS. Did you graduate? You didn't have 1 period or comma in your entire paragraph. You are a moron.

You must have gone to HHS. Did you graduate? You didn't have 1 period or comma in your entire paragraph. You are a moron.
I can't believe this whole thread was started by some 'Bozo' named Dan from the shore. He came to town to have lunch and drive around with his boyfriends and the people of Harrison let him rip into the town. Instead of joining this out of town jackass, someone besides the person who challenged him about looking for cops should step up and let him have it! No guts?

Where are you getting your information? A fleet of SUV's and many unmarked cars? What qualifications do you have to run a police dept? If you truly think you can do a better job go see McMole and if you know/blow him you might get to be Chief. The current chief is more than qualifed to run the dept. unlike the fat slob running the HFD and the councilmans 350 lb. brother working there. Many towns across the U.S. are eliminating positions to save money. Harrison will tax you until you are going thru the Burger King dumpster for dinner. The order of eliminated persons seems to be excess and unwaranted politial cronyism jobs and friends of town mayors. The next to go is the bloated and severly overstaffed fire dept. The expense of a 9 Million fire dept is absurd. Harrsion is the only town in NJ with more fireman than cops. Your statement to disband the detective bureau was great. Then you can take your beatings, robberies, burglaries, and rapes for a police report with absolutely nobody to follow-up, but the church crossings will always be covered. Who cares who is commiting the crimes? Does anyone know the HPD budget? I am sure it is way less than 9 million. Public safety is the last thing on the Mayor and councils mind. $$$$$ is number #1. The officer in charge of keeping track of gang activity and drugs distribution (wait, we have none, forget that). Lock-up and watch your booty, because I have a feeling that PD response time to crimes is gonna s l o w down. Whoops, I wasn't supposed to let that get out. The pool looks good, gotta go. LATER IDIOTS, AND REMEMBER IMO to keep voting for the McMole crime family, after all, you would rather pay taxes than have a college fund for your kid.

Rice and beans ? Where do you get them i want some ...in case your ignorants ass needs to know 1.Burgers you can buy anywhere in town and

2. Beers with lunch is ok , but NOT if your on duty moran.

its spelled moron; if your going to call me one.. atleast spell it right scumbag

1. hamburgers, lol from where.. Burger King? Wendys? right... LoL yeah i want to eat that grade D meat everyday so i can support the towns business... by the time im 60.. my colon is hanging out of my asshole into my diaper... riiiiiite

2. i think beers with lunch is wonderful... on duty? do you think these guys are 3 beer queers? like there going to just start shooting random people and crashing into other cars cause of 3 even 4 beers.. LoL right... that shit usually only happens cause someone had 10 shots of tequila or 12pak +... and don;t be hatin' the beers speed up your afternoon, the day goes smoother also :lol:

City people complain about the taxes but we stay because we love the city life, down the shore is cheap to live but you have to drive everywhere, which means a whole lot of drinking and driving ,so if you weigh your options i rather stay in Harrison ALIVE...

Spoken like a true Harrisonite. I guess in Harrison no one drinks and drives, they just walk to their corner tavern and roll home. What a beautiful life we have in Harrison.

Spoken like a true Harrisonite. I guess in Harrison no one drinks and drives, they just walk to their corner tavern and roll home. What a beautiful life we have in Harrison.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! DON'T HAVE TO DRING AND DRIVE, ITS WONDERFUL

Where are you getting your information? A fleet of SUV's and many unmarked cars? What qualifications do you have to run a police dept? If you truly think you can do a better job go see McMole and if you know/blow him you might get to be Chief. The current chief is more than qualifed to run the dept. unlike the fat slob running the HFD and the councilmans 350 lb. brother working there. Many towns across the U.S. are eliminating positions to save money. Harrison will tax you until you are going thru the Burger King dumpster for dinner. The order of eliminated persons seems to be excess and unwaranted politial cronyism jobs and friends of town mayors. The next to go is the bloated and severly overstaffed fire dept. The expense of a 9 Million fire dept is absurd. Harrsion is the only town in NJ with more fireman than cops. Your statement to disband the detective bureau was great. Then you can take your beatings, robberies, burglaries, and rapes for a police report with absolutely nobody to follow-up, but the church crossings will always be covered. Who cares who is commiting the crimes? Does anyone know the HPD budget? I am sure it is way less than 9 million. Public safety is the last thing on the Mayor and councils mind. $$$$$ is number #1. The officer in charge of keeping track of gang activity and drugs distribution (wait, we have none, forget that). Lock-up and watch your booty, because I have a feeling that PD response time to crimes is gonna s l o w down. Whoops, I wasn't supposed to let that get out. The pool looks good, gotta go. LATER IDIOTS, AND REMEMBER IMO to keep voting for the McMole crime family, after all, you would rather pay taxes than have a college fund for your kid.

Accurate post, but having to knoe, nevermind blow, the fat mole is quite a disturbing thing to say.

I wish it was like the good old days when there were so many bars there was no need to drive. Just stagger from bar to bar. That was the best time to live in Harrison. I really miss it.