Why Do People Have To Be So Rude?

speedy1

I use to enjoy reading posts and placing posts on KOTW, now all you people, not all but quite a few start calling people names if they don't agree with you. I mean I posted about a subject on children at the sprinklers in the park not being watched properly, someone else made a comment and all of a sudden, someone else calls them white trailer trash! whats with this, look everyone is entittled to their opinion, and because their opinion isn't yours, you start calling names. This is a public forum, yes some people feel like they are being moved in on by the hispanic influx, but that is the way they feel, they don't want to open their windows and hear another language, or listen to loud music ( of any culture) I know I sure don't. So please you have your own little dislikes and predjudices and no one calls you names, so be tolerant of others and respect their opinion, no matter what it is!.

Thank You

I use to enjoy reading posts and placing posts on KOTW, now all you people, not all but quite a few start calling people names if they don't agree with you. I mean I posted about a subject on children at the sprinklers in the park not being watched properly, someone else made a comment and all of a sudden, someone else calls them white trailer trash! whats with this, look everyone is entittled to their opinion, and because their opinion isn't yours, you start calling names. This is a public forum, yes some people feel like they are being moved in on by the hispanic influx, but that is the way they feel, they don't want to open their windows and hear another language, or listen to loud music ( of any culture) I know I sure don't. So please you have your own little dislikes and predjudices and no one calls you names, so be tolerant of others and respect their opinion, no matter what it is!.

Thank You

You're right. This is made much easier by the fact that anyone can post here anonymously. If posters had to identify themselves by their real names, this might not be eliminated but it would be greatly reduced.

You're right. This is made much easier by the fact that anyone can post here anonymously. If posters had to identify themselves by their real names, this might not be eliminated but it would be greatly reduced.

And every time Paul or someone else asks someone to identify him or herself, their response is invariably a personal attack. Truly a sad state of affairs.

Guest Studies and Observations
And every time Paul or someone else asks someone to identify him or herself, their response is invariably a personal attack. Truly a sad state of affairs.

There are a number of reasons posters choose to remain anonymous on these boards. Some fear retribution from the politicians because they are employed by the town and reveal facts that the Powers-that-be find annoying. Some feel that they would come under too much scrutiny from other areas, Some feel that there shouldnt be any reason to DI themselves, especially when they do not engage in the nonsense, and unfortunately there is the group that prefers to act like the monkeys in the zoo, merrily flinging poop on everyone that passes. THESE folks are certainly NOT limited to any one side of the debates, Liberal, conservative, Christian, Atheist..ALL have their poop-throwers, neither side is clean in this one.

I would have no problem identifying myself, I have been in Keary for 49yrs and raised my children here and now their children, but my husband just retired and we are going to be moving to a nice quiet place with plenty of room where your neighbor can't look in your window from theirs, lol ( an exageration). But seriously, everyone has their own opinion, that is one of our freedoms, and just because someone doesn't agree with you is no reason to call them trailer trash. Am I right, that is a very childish way to act. This young lady has concerns for her child, as do we all but the bottom line is, it is her right to have her own opinion without being called names. I agree, when she says about the smaller children who do not understand English, wether they be hispanic, asian, or whatever, if you see they are in danger there is no way to let them know other than jump up and gtab them, then, you would be accuse of molestation or something. So yes, I agree, like I said earlier, my grandchildren are bi-cultural so, they can understand both, when it is necessary.