Indiana

Guest guest

The Mayor of Gary, Indiana downsized the number of men in the Fire Dept. from 70 to 33. It was the only way he could see to keep a steady tax base because they were the biggest component. Sound familiar? Maybe he should run for Mayor of Harrison instead of the plumber and all his hiring of friends and relatives. People interviewed seemed fine with the cuts. There should be no worry of public service suffering because thats the real number you need after the nepotism is severed. Gee, what an original idea, A BALANCED BUDGET!!!! You live within you're means instead of over. You can't forever spend a dollar when you havw 50 cents and hope a friend (Democratic party) bail you out. Thats a fact and my opinion!!!!

The Mayor of Gary, Indiana downsized the number of men in the Fire Dept. from 70 to 33. It was the only way he could see to keep a steady tax base because they were the biggest component. Sound familiar? Maybe he should run for Mayor of Harrison instead of the plumber and all his hiring of friends and relatives. People interviewed seemed fine with the cuts. There should be no worry of public service suffering because thats the real number you need after the nepotism is severed. Gee, what an original idea, A BALANCED BUDGET!!!! You live within you're means instead of over. You can't forever spend a dollar when you havw 50 cents and hope a friend (Democratic party) bail you out. Thats a fact and my opinion!!!!

Move to Gary, Indiana.

The same level of service with less than 50% of the manpower. Sounds good to me. What amazes me is that their Mayor is black and nobody is crying about racism. If you happen to see the video clip, the union rep. complains about the matresses instaed of losing the men. It is f**king hilarious. These guys really think they are important and that people admire them. In the H, I think the 86 year old secretary is getting on the HFD in the next round. She can sleep as well as the rest of them. I heard that the Kearny FD got to the Sussex St. fire faster than the HFD. The whole situation is pathetic in my opinion.

The deadwood and unnecessary hires in the Police and Fire Dep'ts. would more than balance the budget. Then look at the Board of Education and you'd have a surplus. Next on to the violations and a couple of other dep'ts. in the town and you'd have enough to really make a difference in this town.

All we need is a businessman who knows how to run a business (town) efficiently and wisely!

The same level of service with less than 50% of the manpower. Sounds good to me. What amazes me is that their Mayor is black and nobody is crying about racism. If you happen to see the video clip, the union rep. complains about the matresses instaed of losing the men. It is f**king hilarious. These guys really think they are important and that people admire them. In the H, I think the 86 year old secretary is getting on the HFD in the next round. She can sleep as well as the rest of them. I heard that the Kearny FD got to the Sussex St. fire faster than the HFD. The whole situation is pathetic in my opinion.

Not true, Harrison arrived first! One of the big problems with this site is : I heard...!!

Not true, Harrison arrived first! One of the big problems with this site is : I heard...!!

You are correct with the "I heard." A lot of these idiots who post on here have to take a sh!t, but it is coming out of their mouths instead of their assh@les.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

Are you still beating your wife ?

Gary , Indiana is where the Jackson Five came from. If the Mayor had 5 secretaries maybe we can have the McMole Five. Pretty bad joke, huh! Now to serious matters. It is possible that the cops and firegirls are gonna be paying $1,500 per year for their health insurance. The cops shouldn't pay because they have the only dangerous job in town, but the rip van winkle fireman should pay $3,000.00 because they are so out of shape. You should pay by a physical assessment test and drug test. Look at the ***** of a fire Chief, the Batallion chief related to a councilman that is pushing say *** ******, and the Blimps just keep coming. They have a gym and 24 hours to cook nutritious meals and exercise but all the do is sleep. If there was a fire at my casa, I would rather wait for for another town to get to my house than the HFD, IMO.

Guest *anonymous*

I never did beat my wife. I do spank yours when she is a bad girl when I'm putting the wood to her. One other thing, you need more beer in the fridge so pick some up after your 24 hour sleep/shift.

• 3 weeks later...

There is still no difference in Gary, In. since the Mayor eliminated 50% of the Firemen. Smart man. Harrison is going to raise the taxes so high that something is gonna have to change. Foreclosures are starting because the elite who own 2 family rental properties are raising the rents so high that people are moving out and not coming back. IMO taxes should hit $13,000.00 per house by 2010. Put that number next to your paycheck and do the math. LEAVE. A 9 million dollar fire dept. in this town is a total misappropration of funds among other things. McCormick for Mayor.

Guest Harrison's Bravest
There is still no difference in Gary, In. since the Mayor eliminated 50% of the Firemen. Smart man. Harrison is going to raise the taxes so high that something is gonna have to change. Foreclosures are starting because the elite who own 2 family rental properties are raising the rents so high that people are moving out and not coming back. IMO taxes should hit $13,000.00 per house by 2010. Put that number next to your paycheck and do the math. LEAVE. A 9 million dollar fire dept. in this town is a total misappropration of funds among other things. McCormick for Mayor.

Just to show you I'm not mad at you, I'll bring in a dozen donuts to work with me on Monday. Stop in when you're crusing around town and have 4 or 5.