dispatcher opening?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

is it true there is a job opening for the hpd as a dispatcher? someone told me a dispatcher left and there was an opening? what's the salary and where do you apply? who do you speak too? what are the requirements? if anyone has answers please inform. how big is the department? who's there now filling in???what's the ratio of men vs women?

Guest IN THE KNOW
is it true there is a job opening for the hpd as a dispatcher? someone told me a dispatcher left and there was an opening? what's the salary and where do you apply? who do you speak too? what are the requirements? if anyone has answers please inform. how big is the department? who's there now filling in???what's the ratio of men vs women?

WELL ACTUALLY THERE ARE 2 OPEN SPOTS. ONE DISPATCHER RECENTLY PASSED AWAY AND THE OTHER LEFT LAST YEAR. SO CALL YOUR COUNCILMAN OR WOMAN!!!! GET YOUR HOOKS IN BECAUSE THE POLICE DEPT NEEDS YOU!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT LET THE HIRING FREEZE STOP YOU!!!! MAKE SURE YOU SPEAK A THE ENGLISH BECAUSE THIS IS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Forget the Dispatchers (except for 2 of them), we need more cops!! might as well be the inner city Newark, just look at the shit going on here, 2 people murdered in 6 months, people robbed at gun point, people robbed in broad daylight etc.....

GO TO THE TOWN MEETINGS AND ASK THE MAYOR AND THE OTHER BOBBLEHEADS WHAT THEY ARE DOING ABOUT THIS, DON'T BELEIVE THE SHIT THATS BEING REPORTED BY THE PD...

Guest Guest

The spot will be given to an appropriate relative or family member. There will be no public announcement or job requirements because Ray Soprano will make the final decision. Qualified individuals, people other than white, etc.. need not apply. Get with it, will ya. This is La Cosa Nostra West.

Forget the Dispatchers (except for 2 of them), we need more cops!! might as well be the inner city Newark, just look at the shit going on here, 2 people murdered in 6 months, people robbed at gun point, people robbed in broad daylight etc.....

GO TO THE TOWN MEETINGS AND ASK THE MAYOR AND THE OTHER BOBBLEHEADS WHAT THEY ARE DOING ABOUT THIS, DON'T BELEIVE THE SHIT THATS BEING REPORTED BY THE PD...

well i understand your point.. but jobs are awful right now, oil is high, people are just broke.. and thats the other alternatives to a bad economy & high prices.. with no jobs.. sad but true... they are in survival mode

• 2 months later...
well i understand your point.. but jobs are awful right now, oil is high, people are just broke.. and thats the other alternatives to a bad economy & high prices.. with no jobs.. sad but true... they are in survival mode

I think it's disgusting that 2 dispatchers are gone and no one has replaced them. Ask the Mayor why that is? Where is the money that was used to pay the 2 that aren't there anymore going? Now that's a good question, isn't it? Im sure it is in someone's pocket! That is TWO aproximately $32,000.00 salaries going where??

The town is waiting for one more to leave so they can hire another secretary for McMole. 3 dispatchers x $32,000.00 and one secretary makes $91,000.00. The extra $5,000.00 goes to Mcmoles vacation fund.

I think it's disgusting that 2 dispatchers are gone and no one has replaced them. Ask the Mayor why that is? Where is the money that was used to pay the 2 that aren't there anymore going? Now that's a good question, isn't it? Im sure it is in someone's pocket! That is TWO aproximately $32,000.00 salaries going where??

So you think it is disgusting that 2 dispathcers are gone and not replaced, who cares there are about three left that can really do the job right. Everytime I call I get an attutide. What about the 10-15 cops that are gone and were never repalced. That why, this Town has become a sh*t hole. I never had to wait for cop in this town, now you call and wait for more then 15 minutes for someone to come.

So you think it is disgusting that 2 dispathcers are gone and not replaced, who cares there are about three left that can really do the job right. Everytime I call I get an attutide. What about the 10-15 cops that are gone and were never repalced. That why, this Town has become a sh*t hole. I never had to wait for cop in this town, now you call and wait for more then 15 minutes for someone to come.

Sounds like a disgruntled cop who doesn't get enough sleep time in his patrol car, or have enough dunkin donuts time!

Sounds like a disgruntled cop who doesn't get enough sleep time in his patrol car, or have enough dunkin donuts time!

I think it sounds like a concerned citizen who realizes we do not have enough cops or dispatchers to keep up the standard the residents are used to

Seem to be alot of them these days, some tall some small..... I think they should evaluate them yearly, some of them are very unprofessional, some of them are going to get their so called Brothers hurt on the job. Did you ever see the day shift? There is that one cop all he does is ride around, talk on his cell and hang out at the garbage can at quick check if fact he almost hit my car the one day while on the cell phone.....nice to know my taxes are going to people like him....a waste of time.

Seem to be alot of them these days, some tall some small..... I think they should evaluate them yearly, some of them are very unprofessional, some of them are going to get their so called Brothers hurt on the job. Did you ever see the day shift? There is that one cop all he does is ride around, talk on his cell and hang out at the garbage can at quick check if fact he almost hit my car the one day while on the cell phone.....nice to know my taxes are going to people like him....a waste of time.

A waste of time? Just because a cop is talking on the phone does not mean he or she is not doing their job. Maybe for all of those scanner chasers there trying to keep personal business off of the air. And by the way they all appreciate your tax paying contributions to pay for their salaries to call another town home. What person in their right mind would want to live in harrison it's a dump.

A waste of time? Just because a cop is talking on the phone does not mean he or she is not doing their job. Maybe for all of those scanner chasers there trying to keep personal business off of the air. And by the way they all appreciate your tax paying contributions to pay for their salaries to call another town home. What person in their right mind would want to live in harrison it's a dump.

Shouldn't they due their personal business on their own time? In their own town?

You know I don't own a scanner, but I was thinking I may need one being there is so much crime in this town and that may be the only way I know what is going on. Oh and one more thing not only are they a waste of time, they are also a waste of a paycheck. Just when you thought you were safe??? Ha ha ha.

I think there is one nice one of the bunch he is a male, I don't know his name but he is always very nice, as for the others I would rather watch the crime.

names? numbers?

names? numbers?

1995 = 65 Police Officers

1996 - 9 = 56 / 1996 + 9 = 65

1997 - 5 = 60 / 1997 + 5 = 65

2000 reduction to 57

2001 reduction to 56

2004 reduction to 53

2008 reduction to 50 = 15 that have been eliminated, while other Depts thrive.

Only Town/City with More Firemen than Cops, DPW 40 plus dont pickup recycle, garbage or bulk but water the flowers everyday, and four guys to paint a fire hydrant, two guys to follow the hired garbage trucks. And you ask for numbers there they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1995 = 65 Police Officers

1996 - 9 = 56 / 1996 + 9 = 65

1997 - 5 = 60 / 1997 + 5 = 65

2000 reduction to 57

2001 reduction to 56

2004 reduction to 53

2008 reduction to 50 = 15 that have been eliminated, while other Depts thrive.

Only Town/City with More Firemen than Cops, DPW 40 plus dont pickup recycle, garbage or bulk but water the flowers everyday, and four guys to paint a fire hydrant, two guys to follow the hired garbage trucks. And you ask for numbers there they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, if you don't feel safe working in Harrison, leave to another town. probably because you wouldn't get away with the sh-t you do here. That's IMO. If you look up the the definition of police officer, its not you..

I called the cop more then once because of noise after 11pm. And no one ever responded. Why?

Sometimes it takes 15-20 minutes for them to get to you if they do respond that has happened several times, or they just ride by, they don't get out of the car, that would mean they would have to hang up their cell phone. Alos keep in mind that dependong on the dispatcher and the cop your name is not kept confidential so be careful who you call on, you can be putting your life in danger.

Sometimes it takes 15-20 minutes for them to get to you if they do respond that has happened several times, or they just ride by, they don't get out of the car, that would mean they would have to hang up their cell phone. Alos keep in mind that dependong on the dispatcher and the cop your name is not kept confidential so be careful who you call on, you can be putting your life in danger.

If the cops put as much effort in their jobs as they do complaining on this site, we, the real tax payers in Harrison would be better off.

Shouldn't they due their personal business on their own time? In their own town?

Maybe there on the cell phone to keep "personal business" off the air, meaning not giving out a residents name or whatever over the police channel, is what i think that person meant. Not the cops own personal business