Missed The Boat

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

Reading in today's Ledger, I see where Newark will receive 7% of all the profits from the NJ Devils at the new Prudential Center. Why am I not

surprised that Harrison will NOT be receiving any percentage of profits from the Red Bulls ? Maybe I'm wrong and Harrison is sharing in the

profits but somehow I doubt it, I think I would have read about it by now.

Which raises another question. If Harrison is not sharing in the profits, does that mean our Mayor/Council/Higgins/Etc. were not as sharp as Newark

officials in negotiating the deal to build the stadium ? My opinion is yes, without a doubt. The decision to go into debt for 40+ million to build this

stadium was a huge mistake (in my humble opinion) that will be on the backs of the taxpayers for decades. And to not get any share of the profits

returned to the taxpayers further shows how amateurish our "negotiation team" was.

Guest Guest
Reading in today's Ledger, I see where Newark will receive 7% of all the profits from the NJ Devils at the new Prudential Center. Why am I not

surprised that Harrison will NOT be receiving any percentage of profits from the Red Bulls ? Maybe I'm wrong and Harrison is sharing in the

profits but somehow I doubt it, I think I would have read about it by now.

Which raises another question. If Harrison is not sharing in the profits, does that mean our Mayor/Council/Higgins/Etc. were not as sharp as Newark

officials in negotiating the deal to build the stadium ? My opinion is yes, without a doubt. The decision to go into debt for 40+ million to build this

stadium was a huge mistake (in my humble opinion) that will be on the backs of the taxpayers for decades. And to not get any share of the profits

returned to the taxpayers further shows how amateurish our "negotiation team" was.

Profits from the Red Bulls? You're kidding right?

Guest Valet

I think we get 100% of the parking concession. Which is assinine because one of the big selling points is that all the 39 fans will be taking mass transit to the games :blink::lol::lol:

Guest Guest

In a seven team division, the Red Bulls are in last place. I really can't see any huge profits, or people who understand soccer lining up for these guys. A Harrison High game would be more entertaining.

Guest Guest

You didn't miss the boat. Most of Harrisons royalty has one docked at their second or third home down the Jersey shore. Ask them if you can stand on the dock and watch them sail into the sunny waters on your tax dollar. Oh, get with it, will ya!

Guest Harrison Senior
Yes Mayor, profits. You can be sure the Red Bulls are making money.

Yes. And you can be sure they won't be sharing those profits with Harrison thanks to our shrewd bargaining team of BigMac & Co.