Mayoral Position

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The townsfolk should be wise to vote either of the McCormicks as the next Mayor. They are open, honest, and do not have to shy away, or runaway, from the camera when they are questioned on any matter concerning the town. You have no idea how much your taxes would go down if you disbanned that sham of a fire dept., the part-time Mayor having two secretarys at 350K a year, the fire depts. secretary (why would they need one - except that its quarter Bills daughter), and the Health Dept. Someone posted a message that eluded to the fact that the best job an idiot can get is a garbageman. In Harrsion, they are making like 70K. Where do you sign up? The current Mayor even praised Tanski for stealing from the town which will surely increase your taxes. Bill is down the shore, out of detention (not jail) and enjoying a penalty free life because of McMole. Organized crime. Thats my opinion.

Guest Silver Fox
The townsfolk should be wise to vote either of the McCormicks as the next Mayor. They are open, honest, and do not have to shy away, or runaway, from the camera when they are questioned on any matter concerning the town. You have no idea how much your taxes would go down if you disbanned that sham of a fire dept., the part-time Mayor having two secretarys at 350K a year, the fire depts. secretary (why would they need one - except that its quarter Bills daughter), and the Health Dept. Someone posted a message that eluded to the fact that the best job an idiot can get is a garbageman. In Harrsion, they are making like 70K. Where do you sign up? The current Mayor even praised Tanski for stealing from the town which will surely increase your taxes. Bill is down the shore, out of detention (not jail) and enjoying a penalty free life because of McMole. Organized crime. Thats my opinion.

When they have 20+ years of service to this dump they will shy away and run too!!

Know what I mean??

Guest Guest

The janitors make even more than than the garbageman or cops. Where can I get a transfer request. I will trade in my gun for a broom any day of the week for the substantial raise.

the fire depts. secretary (why would they need one - except that its quarter Bills daughter), and the Health Dept. Someone posted a message that eluded to the fact that the best job an idiot can get is a garbageman. In Harrsion, they are making like 70K. Where do you sign up? The current Mayor even praised Tanski for stealing from the town which will surely increase your taxes. Bill is down the shore, out of detention (not jail) and enjoying a penalty free life because of McMole. Organized crime. Thats my opinion.

In the interest of fact, Tanski is not out of jail. He's confined in Trenton. https://www6.state.nj.us/DOC_Inmate/details...1397118&n=0

He's housed at the intake facility: http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/cia/craf.html

I'm no longer a Harrison resident, nor a supporter of the Mayor/Council. But lets get easily verifiable facts straight.

Guest Guest

10 months until probable release. Thats still 10k a month not to be paid back to the already overburdened towns taxpayers. Such a deal, such a deal........

Guest Guest

The McCormicks are the McComics if you think they are honest, you've never dealt with them. They have lived in an illegal apartment without a cert. of occupancy for at least 15 years! Also, they owe the town hundreds of thousands of dollars in construction fines for construction without building permits! With them it will be business as usual, only the players will be different.

why have a college education when you can "work really really hard" and move your way up to making six figures a year as a PT secretary for this town, maybe if it was Microsoft, Qualcomm or Apple it can make sence

Guest Guest
The McCormicks are the McComics if you think they are honest, you've never dealt with them. They have lived in an illegal apartment without a cert. of occupancy for at least 15 years! Also, they owe the town hundreds of thousands of dollars in construction fines for construction without building permits! With them it will be business as usual, only the players will be different.

And your concern about this is what? You should worry about all the money being doled out in this town with phony jobs like TP, and others. This is small time, and will be resolved by the courts not the likes of you.

Guest *QUEST*

ILLEGAL APARTMENT 15 YEARS!!SHAME ON THE PEOPLE WHO WERE IN OFFICE FOR 15 YEARS.

Guest *QUEST*
You fit perfectly into this message board.

Fking idiot with internet access.

YOU MUST BE ONE MC DUMMIES CRONIES.DO YOU ALSO GET PAID TO PLAY MORON.

ohhh noo sounds like someones a brown-noser for the town.... fines? illegal apartments? ohhh nooo.. soo serious... thats nothing compared to the rest of the "political officers" in town.. im just saying... lol you have to love the guest feature..

• 4 weeks later...
The townsfolk should be wise to vote either of the McCormicks as the next Mayor.

I will agree with you that a new mayor is a MUST for Harrison.

Do I feel it should be a McCormick... maybe a little more experience might be a good thing.

BUT, I do think Steve McCormick is our best chance for a new start.

Milan tried.

Had the McCormick's been more vocal and visible during his run, it could've been a close race.

And the majority of the panel of councilman currently elected is a sad joke on all of us.