Independence Day

Guest American

Guest American

Has anyone seen the banner across Harrison Ave. for some kind of Peruvian(?) thing on July 19th? Let me just say that I am not against any race or nationality, but could we have at least celebrated 4th of July first? Why no Independence Day banner? What's going on?

Guest guest

Mayor McDumb does not have any class he is simply the head of the corrupt democratic party in harrison. If he had any class he would have insisted that the redevelopers give something back in the form of open spaces, recreation spaces, and police and fire facilities in the redevelopment zone. There is nothing. The Mayor won't see the banner until after the 4th because he is home down the shore. I'm sure his hometown will have a 4th of July parade and he will be enjoying the beach breeze and fresh air while we s**k up the hot air and view the Peruvian banner on Independence Day.

Guest Guest
Has anyone seen the banner across Harrison Ave. for some kind of Peruvian(?) thing on July 19th? Let me just say that I am not against any race or nationality, but could we have at least celebrated 4th of July first? Why no Independence Day banner? What's going on?

Several years ago they had the Portuguese flag flying from the town hall during the memorial day parade.

Guest Guest
Fourth of July was cancelled by Mandaglio just like the 9/11 memorial. Get with it, will ya!!!!!!!!!

It will be rescheduled as soon as she checks with McDonough on whether it's ok. The residents should require that the Mayor and Council not leave to their beach houses and stay in town on the 4th of July weekend. if that happened there would be activities including a parade, fireworks and festivities. Our Mayor is down at his house (remember that great mailer with his panama hat and pina colada... that was great and right on the money) That was Mayor McDonough this weekend. Powell was with him counting his cash and laughing at our expense.

Guest Rob Whytie

You are a bunch of racist bastards who think america is only for white. It is to show we can live here too. That's why the sign is up.

Guest Guest
You are a bunch of racist bastards who think america is only for white. It is to show we can live here too. That's why the sign is up.

YOU ARE A REAL SICK JERK AND DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY TAKE THAT SIGN AND SHOVE IT IF YOUR COUNTRY IS SO GOOD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?

Guest Semper Fi
You are a bunch of racist bastards who think America is only for white. It is to show we can live here too. That's why the sign is up.

Hooray for your sign.

Forget the racism. Borrow a brain. We celebrate the 4th of July for that reason - so you can live here too.

Americans like to celebrate our independence - our founding. Harrison and it's illustrious leaders could care less (don't bring up the money issue, that's unacceptable and a topic for another discussion) obviously.

Oh yeah, check this out - how many residents are direct decendants of the people who brought us this great country?

Check your own nationalism - at the door. If you're not here to become an American - enjoy it's hospitality while you stay. If Americans and their patriotism bother you please go home - so that you may find things more to your liking.

Guest Guest
YOU ARE A REAL SICK JERK AND DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY TAKE THAT SIGN AND SHOVE IT IF YOUR COUNTRY IS SO GOOD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?

And you are a one sick jerk too. Go to my country and see if they put up a sign for you. In my country we only honour our own holidays. You could wait a 1000 years before we put up a sign for you.

Guest guest
And you are a one sick jerk too. Go to my country and see if they put up a sign for you. In my country we only honour our own holidays. You could wait a 1000 years before we put up a sign for you.

I think that is what he is trying to get across..... That in your country, a sign would 'only' be up honoring your holidays, so in the USA, the only signs put up, should be honoring American holidays. Each country celebrates and honors its' own.

Guest HAPPY AMERICAN

I SEE SOMEONE DID THE RIGHT THING TO REMOVE THAT UNREADABLE SIGN IN FRONT OF CITY HALL, I GUESS THEY REALISE WE ARE STILL IN AMERICA. DUEL SIGNAGE PLEASE , LIKE OUR ELECTION BALLOTS , IT"S ONLY FAIR.

Guest '07029

[/quote

Then we shouldn't celebrate St. Patrick's Day either.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PEDRO  PEPE THE 30TH

SITTING IN MY APARTMENT ON THE BLVD. AND HERE THIS ALL THIS NOISE OUTSIDE AND I SEE THE DEPT OF IMMIGTATION WAS HAVING A BIG ROUNDUP OF PEOPLE HEADING UP THE STREET TO WAITING BUSES TO RETURN THE ILLIGAL ALIENS BACK HOME , NICE GOING AWAY PARTY, ADIOS AMEGIOS. NICE IDEA , WHO DO WE THANK, NICE TOUCH.

Guest spell check
I SEE SOMEONE DID THE RIGHT THING TO REMOVE THAT UNREADABLE SIGN IN FRONT OF CITY HALL, I GUESS THEY REALISE WE ARE STILL IN AMERICA. DUEL SIGNAGE PLEASE , LIKE OUR ELECTION BALLOTS , IT"S ONLY FAIR.

not only are you a coward in writing but in spelling too! everyone is entitled in this country. it's not the drunken irish that live here. a-hole

Guest annoyed
not only are you a coward in writing but in spelling too! everyone is entitled in this country. it's not the drunken irish that live here. a-hole

i guess i will check your name off the list for "american citicen" of the year, maybe next time one of these fine illigal allians will find your house and leave one of your family members deceased for $200.

Guest puzzelled

EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY IS ENTITTLED TO WHAT ? YOU FORGOT TO FINISHED YOUR SENTENCE. I WOULD THINK THAT ONLY AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE ENTITTLED TO THE RIGHT THIS COUNTRY PROVIDES TO ITS COUNTRYMEN ALL FORIENERS MAY BE GIVING CONSIDERATION BUT BY NO MEANS SHOULD THEY BE EXTENDED THE SAME CONSIDERATION AS OUR OWN COUNTRYMEN. THEY HAVE TO EARN IT AND BECOME CITIZENS. DON'T YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE FAIR. AND ALSO STOP BEING A RACEST AGAINST THE IRISH, DID THEY DO YOU WRONG? SHAME ON YOU..................

Guest Guest
EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY IS ENTITTLED TO WHAT ? YOU FORGOT TO FINISHED YOUR SENTENCE. I WOULD THINK THAT ONLY AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE ENTITTLED TO THE RIGHT THIS COUNTRY PROVIDES TO ITS COUNTRYMEN ALL FORIENERS MAY BE GIVING CONSIDERATION BUT BY NO MEANS SHOULD THEY BE EXTENDED THE SAME CONSIDERATION AS OUR OWN COUNTRYMEN. THEY HAVE TO EARN IT AND BECOME CITIZENS. DON'T YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE FAIR. AND ALSO STOP BEING A RACEST AGAINST THE IRISH, DID THEY DO YOU WRONG? SHAME ON YOU..................

You can't be a racist against Irish because they are white, and if you are a Minority, you can only dislike them. But you can be a racist against a minority if you are Irish and you say you don't like them. Minority may not like you but that does not make them racist for not liking you. But don't say you don't like them because then you become a racist. If any white says off color remarks, then they are racist. Just ask Al Sharpton.

Guest Guest
You can't be a racist against Irish because they are white, and if you are a Minority, you can only dislike them. But you can be a racist against a minority if you are Irish and you say you don't like them. Minority may not like you but that does not make them racist for not liking you. But don't say you don't like them because then you become a racist. If any white says off color remarks, then they are racist. Just ask Al Sharpton.

TRY SAYING THAT 3 TIMES

wheres the italian, frnech, brittish... hell ever our own USA celebration... they run around this country shitting on us, the tax payers aswell as the economy... and we throw a parade for the illegal immagrant... this town is absurd.. ask them what country they love... it wont be the US.. but where can you gain all this free health care, welfare, whatever scheme they have so they can go back to "my" country with money... its non-sence

"Then we shouldn't celebrate St. Patrick's Day either."

Do you have shit for brains? You completely missed the point. The sign should have been put up AFTER 4th of July, no one said it shouldn't have been put up at all.

Guest Guest

"These people" are the only ones who spend money in this town. The teachers bring their own lunch, the fireladies cook with groceries from Kearny, and others wouldn't be caught dead in a Harrison store or eating establishment (too low class). Their is no LeCirque in Harrison that the big money is used to or similar restaurants. They just come to town, get their massive checks, and get on 280 or the Parkway. St. Patricks day has been cancelled by the Mayor and Council. Oh, get with it, will ya!! Thats my opinion.

"These people" are the only ones who spend money in this town. The teachers bring their own lunch, the fireladies cook with groceries from Kearny, and others wouldn't be caught dead in a Harrison store or eating establishment (too low class). Their is no LeCirque in Harrison that the big money is used to or similar restaurants. They just come to town, get their massive checks, and get on 280 or the Parkway. St. Patricks day has been cancelled by the Mayor and Council. Oh, get with it, will ya!! Thats my opinion.

if we had some type of better "services" in this town to spend our moneys at... or if we went into a spot and the people knew english.. maybe we would spend our money in town... im just saying.. when i ask for a ham sandwich and they only have goya bean soup or something else on the menu i can read cause its not in english, what else is their to do?

Guest Guest Firefighter

Your envy of the FD is so obvious, you must have failed the FD exam.