the first to go is?

Guest not me

Guest not me

Well the budget is out..so who will be the first to go?

1. The secretaries making $$$$ in the Town Hall

2. Maybe the crybaby cops

3. how bout,the many janitors that work/look like they are working in the Town Hall

4. maybe the janitor who works in the Town hall throwing out garbage then delivers food in the new "food truck" to the seniors hmmm garbage handler/food server...we will get back to that one.

5. how bout the men who follow the garbage trucks to "make sure" they pick up al the trash?

6. or maybe the 7 guys who go around and water our nice flowers around town?

7. or possibly the guys who "spray"down the meters to clean then..yes,1- to spray and another to wipe it down.

8. is it the firemen ? do we really need a full time dept??? big question here

9. town bus drivers and bus...2 big buses to drive 3 people around??? Look at them,most time this huge bus $190,000 only has 2 or 3 people on it? what da f...

10. or the guys who weed wacks all day or the guy who sweeps up after the weedwacking fool or the guy who stops traffic so the man can clean up after the man is done weed wacking???? hhhmmmmmmmmmm

Bring in an Administrator...try something new get one that does not live in the area and can"t be bought....just some simple cuts might keep the taxes down...because I think the tax hike is coming...DON'T YOU??????????

Guest Guest

3. how bout,the many janitors that work/look like they are working in the Town Hall

4. maybe the janitor who works in the Town hall throwing out garbage then delivers food in the new "food truck" to the seniors hmmm garbage handler/food server...we will get back to that one.

5. how bout the men who follow the garbage trucks to "make sure" they pick up al the trash?

7. or possibly the guys who "spray"down the meters to clean then..yes,1- to spray and another to wipe it down.

9. town bus drivers and bus...2 big buses to drive 3 people around??? Look at them,most time this huge bus $190,000 only has 2 or 3 people on it? what da f...

10. or the guys who weed wacks all day or the guy who sweeps up after the weedwacking fool or the guy who stops traffic so the man can clean up after the man is done weed wacking???? hhhmmmmmmmmmm

Bring in an Administrator...try something new get one that does not live in the area and can"t be bought....just some simple cuts might keep the taxes down...because I think the tax hike is coming...DON'T YOU??????????

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON ALL COUNTS ONE MORE SAVING WOULD BE BIG TIME AND THAT IS THE CELL PHONE BILLS FOR THE COPS EVERY LAST ONE HAS THEIR PHONE TO THEIR EAR RIGHT UP TO THE CHIEF AND DEPUTY CHIEF COPS RIDING ALONG THE STREET WITH THE PHONE AND MOST OF THE TIME NO SEAT BELTS IF THE TOWN HAS A GOOD DEAL FOR THE PHONE CARRIER IT WOULD BE NICE TO SHARE WITH ALL OF US IN TOWN. DON'T GIVE THE NONSENSE TO REPORT THEM TO THE CHIEF BECAUSE HE IS DOING THE SAME THING

Guest barney

If you think an administrator would help, your crazy. He will just do what the politician's want. Unless, they sign the person up and give them a 5 year contract and you know that's not going to happen. An administrator gets about 120K per year plus beneifits and a town car plus gas. He or she will do whatever the people in power tell them to do.

A fully paid FD is a luxury that Harrison can't afford. Why not augment the FD with volunteers as firemen retire. There's only about 2 real fires a year and your paying 9 million per year for the FD with salary, benefits, and severence and buyout pay.

The PD is needed, but can stay at the present strength at this time. The Town's agreement to unlimited sick time really hurt. You have Officers who live far away from Harrison and take off for extended periods because they can. Also the switch to steady shifts limited the number of officers who are on duty. It takes 6 squads instead of 5.Therefore less manpower on a squad. If you want, all come back and show you how to do it.

The Mayor should advise 1 of his secretary's to retire and we all know which one that is.

That's it for now.

Guest Guest

My opinion is that the town disband the entire Police force. Let the chosen millionaires protect the people. Just have one civilian nepotism job at 100K to take reports. See how easy it is to make top echelon decisions!

Guest Guest
YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON ALL COUNTS ONE MORE SAVING WOULD BE BIG TIME AND THAT IS THE CELL PHONE BILLS FOR THE COPS EVERY LAST ONE HAS THEIR PHONE TO THEIR EAR RIGHT UP TO THE CHIEF AND DEPUTY CHIEF COPS RIDING ALONG THE STREET WITH THE PHONE AND MOST OF THE TIME NO SEAT BELTS IF THE TOWN HAS A GOOD DEAL FOR THE PHONE CARRIER IT WOULD BE NICE TO SHARE WITH ALL OF US IN TOWN. DON'T GIVE THE NONSENSE TO REPORT THEM TO THE CHIEF BECAUSE HE IS DOING THE SAME THING

I HAVE SEEN THIS CELL PHONE COMMENT A FEW TIMES ON KOTW AND NOT ONE COMMENT DENYING THE ALLIGATION SO IT IS TRUE THERE IS A PLAN THE TOWN HAS FOR SUPPLYING THE COPS WITH THE PHONE SERVICE FOR FREE WHAT ABOUT THE CHIEF DEPUTY CHIEF AND THE OTHERS SHARING WITH THE TOWNSPEOPLE AFTER ALL I AM WONDERING HOW MUCH THE CELL BILL IS EVERY MONTH BEING PAID BY THE TOWN ANY ONE KNOW????????????? I KNOW WHAT MY BILL IS AND I VERY SELDOM USE MY CELL SO WHEN THE USERS ARE OFF DUTY DON'T TELL ME THEY AREN"T USED FOR PERSONAL USE!CHECK TO SEE THAT SAVINGS A GOOD DOLLAR IS FOR SURE

Guest Guest

Don't know who will be the first to go but I hope you all have a Lawyer, because from what I hear *** *** had to do with the picking of who to get rid of...what they are doing is illegal so everybody please look into it. Call your Lawyer now.

Guest Guest

Why don't we start with the secret jobs like Tom Powell's secret census job. "It's a federal crime if I discuss what I do for the Census" said Tom Powell at a Harrison town meeting. Where else but Harrison could you get away with a statement like that?

Guest Guest
Why don't we start with the secret jobs like Tom Powell's secret census job. "It's a federal crime if I discuss what I do for the Census" said Tom Powell at a Harrison town meeting. Where else but Harrison could you get away with a statement like that?

The statement has nothing to do with Harrison, but is Powell to a t. He actually doesn't know what he does!

Guest In the know
If you think an administrator would help, your crazy. He will just do what the politician's want. Unless, they sign the person up and give them a 5 year contract and you know that's not going to happen. An administrator gets about 120K per year plus beneifits and a town car plus gas. He or she will do whatever the people in power tell them to do.

A fully paid FD is a luxury that Harrison can't afford. Why not augment the FD with volunteers as firemen retire. There's only about 2 real fires a year and your paying 9 million per year for the FD with salary, benefits, and severence and buyout pay.

The PD is needed, but can stay at the present strength at this time. The Town's agreement to unlimited sick time really hurt. You have Officers who live far away from Harrison and take off for extended periods because they can. Also the switch to steady shifts limited the number of officers who are on duty. It takes 6 squads instead of 5.Therefore less manpower on a squad. If you want, all come back and show you how to do it.

The Mayor should advise 1 of his secretary's to retire and we all know which one that is.

That's it for now.

Hey Barney, you have cops, mostly supervisors that were adversely affected by the conversion to unlimited sick time. Yet, none of those people have yet to become sick abusers. The one that master-minded that move is sitting in the cat-birds seat and can do no wrong. He happened to be one of the biggest abusers.

Guest Guest

Make the fireman bee a volentere fireman like in my town I past lived. Then you dont pay them and they still have to go if ther is a fire. The tax wood be better that way.

Guest Guest

:lol:

Hey Barney, you have cops, mostly supervisors that were adversely affected by the conversion to unlimited sick time. Yet, none of those people have yet to become sick abusers. The one that master-minded that move is sitting in the cat-birds seat and can do no wrong. He happened to be one of the biggest abusers.

Could he be the former PBA Prez who is now an acting sgt. and the right hand man of the chosen untested Chief? Any Administrator would lament the deal that was given to the PBA which included unlimited sick leave. The abusers are happy. Now I hear 1 Supervisor was out for almost 1 year, came back for 3 weeks and went out again with some sort of psychological illness. Another supervsior who lives in S. Ocean County has been out for several months. Now that's leadership. But these 2 have been abusers for years. Sure there are some who got a royal screwing by the PBA contract. But the majority are happy.

Guest Guest

Get the facts straight, since the inception of the unlimited sick time. The Supv's have been the group to take full advantage of it; Specifically (1) Lt and (3) Sgts that used extended leave. Overall sick incidents are down in the PD. Crawl back under that rock in Florida or Mr Verda put your head back in the sand of South Jersey.

Guest Guest
Make the fireman bee a volentere fireman like in my town I past lived. Then you dont pay them and they still have to go if ther is a fire. The tax wood be better that way.

I guess you didnt have to write proper english to pass that police test huh?

Guest In The Know
Get the facts straight, since the inception of the unlimited sick time. The Supv's have been the group to take full advantage of it; Specifically (1) Lt and (3) Sgts that used extended leave. Overall sick incidents are down in the PD. Crawl back under that rock in Florida or Mr Verda put your head back in the sand of South Jersey.

Why shouldn't the supervisors take advantage of it. After all they were the ones taken advantage of by a select few self-serving patrolman who abused their accumulated sick time down to zero, knowing damn well that they were going to sell their supervisor "brothers" out. Those sell outs are the only ones that benefited so far. That's the FACT! The weather is beautiful here by the way

Guest Guest
I guess you didnt have to write proper english to pass that police test huh?

No!!!!! Just a DRUG TEST..HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• 2 weeks later...

they should start their cuts with

1. if you have more then 1 job on for the town

2. if your making rediculous amount of money for positions people aren't qualified for

3. if you took all the required tests/certifications for your position

4. surprise; random drug tests, some employees walk around town looking like their on cloud 9

thats, just a start.

Guest *QUEST*
I HAVE SEEN THIS CELL PHONE COMMENT A FEW TIMES ON KOTW AND NOT ONE COMMENT DENYING THE ALLIGATION SO IT IS TRUE THERE IS A PLAN THE TOWN HAS FOR SUPPLYING THE COPS WITH THE PHONE SERVICE FOR FREE WHAT ABOUT THE CHIEF DEPUTY CHIEF AND THE OTHERS SHARING WITH THE TOWNSPEOPLE AFTER ALL I AM WONDERING HOW MUCH THE CELL BILL IS EVERY MONTH BEING PAID BY THE TOWN ANY ONE KNOW????????????? I KNOW WHAT MY BILL IS AND I VERY SELDOM USE MY CELL SO WHEN THE USERS ARE OFF DUTY DON'T TELL ME THEY AREN"T USED FOR PERSONAL USE!CHECK TO SEE THAT SAVINGS A GOOD DOLLAR IS FOR SURE

ITS PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE.JUST GO TO YOUR TOWN CLERKS OFFICE AND REQUEST A COPY OF SALARYS,PHONE BILLS,WHATEVER!!YOU AS A TAXPAYER AND RESIDENT HAS THE RIGHT TO KNOW.

Guest Guest
SOOTHSAYER, WHAT HOLE IN THE GROUND DID YOU CRAWL OUT OF, YOUR COMMENTS ARE OLD NEWS , READ AND CATCH UP.

LEAVE THE SOOTHSAYER ALONE....THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF KOTW....WE CAN COMMENT WHENEVER WE CHOOSE!!!!

YOU GO SOOTHSAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOTHSAYER, WHAT HOLE IN THE GROUND DID YOU CRAWL OUT OF, YOUR COMMENTS ARE OLD NEWS , READ AND CATCH UP.

i dont care i said them there, if you dont like it... go do something else online..

LEAVE THE SOOTHSAYER ALONE....THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF KOTW....WE CAN COMMENT WHENEVER WE CHOOSE!!!!

thanks

why thankyou...

i must throw in a serious suggestion tho... do we really need 4-5 librarians working all at the same time...?

Guest Guest
why thankyou...

i must throw in a serious suggestion tho... do we really need 4-5 librarians working all at the same time...?

Go sit int he library one day and see what those ladies have to deal with between the homeless and your little disrespectful dirtbag kids they need all their staff. What we don't need is 80 people on the DPW or the boss, ever since he has come into the picture it has been all down hill. How can they be laying off people when he just hired another one at the Senior Center?