KEARNY RECREATION DEPARTMENT IMPROVEMENT

Guest VIGOR SODA MAN

Guest VIGOR SODA MAN

The Kearny Recreation Department as constituted right now is in need of a major overhaul. This is an important issue, and I just dont see the Mayor and Council prioritizing improvements for this very important department. Why is it important? It involves our children that is why, and if nobody can see the obvious decline in what was once a thriving program then they are fooling themselves and do not deserve to be in office.

How many complaints about the ******** ******** will it take before somebody in the Mayor's office or on the Council decides action is needed? Not to mention ** is already applying to every municipality already while also trying to become a teacher in the High Scool (now there is a real joke, wasn't he in the High School long enough as a student? I mean after 7 years of High School you would think he would be sick of the place!) He has singlehandedly ruined all adult programs in town, and participation in Youth sports is down at least 33% Meanwhile, he states he has put an end to money being mismanaged, yet there is now thousands of dollars missing from the various programs under his micromanagement.

Also, please just offer ** a buyout so he can move on down the shore. ** is a good guy who is hamstrung due to ********* ** *** and the ********* of **, this is just not working out and the kids are suffering!

Lastly, with all the high taxes being touted on here and we are talking about cutting police personnel, why do we continue to pay TWO people to do the job only needed by one? Can anyone explain that? Everyone in the Town Hall knows why this exists, but no one is willing to do anything about it.

Time for the Mayor, Council and Recreation Commission to step up and fix this mess. Cut through all the red tape and bureaucracy and make a difference so we can have for our children what we had growing up. We are also short on Soda Delivery people and they could use an experienced workerso make the right moves.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lightning
GREAT POST! When will they make these much needed changes in this lame-duck department?

you have 3 people in thE REC department and you can not get a phone call in to the department? whats with that..

you always have to leave a message???????and hope you get a return call?

Guest football1

I have been involved with football for many years and I can honestly say that I have no issues with the Rec. Department. They have never turned us away and they have always come through for us when we needed them. They have a small department and are expected to run all recreation programs that total thousands of kids. I think they do a very nice job. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I am a true believer that if you feel there is a problem than you should get involved and help make the programs better and stronger rather than spend time bashing the department or the people in it. Try becoming part of a solution and not the problem.

Guest volunteer
They have a small department and are expected to run all recreation programs that total thousands of kids.

All they do for most sports is take the registrations. The volunteers are the ones that run the programs. It seems that the only time there are problems, are when the Rec Department tries to stick their noses in and any sport they do run is run with the least effort possible. Take basketball for example, only a 7 game schedule and the games that had to be made up weren't so it went to a 6 or 5 game schedule and then playoffs. There is no effort put into anything that they run and it shows.

Guest Howell Guy
I have been involved with football for many years and I can honestly say that I have no issues with the Rec. Department. They have never turned us away and they have always come through for us when we needed them. They have a small department and are expected to run all recreation programs that total thousands of kids. I think they do a very nice job. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I am a true believer that if you feel there is a problem than you should get involved and help make the programs better and stronger rather than spend time bashing the department or the people in it. Try becoming part of a solution and not the problem.

Hey Football1, what exactly did they "come through" with? Did they issue permits that they have always issued from thelate seventies? They are NOT a small department. As a matter of fact they have one too many peoplein there.For YEARS the Rec department ran with ONE person running it. There are now LESS kidsin Recreation Programs, and that is a fact. Take Little League Baseball. For many years, there were 16 teams in Kearny Little League. Now, they BARELY have 12 teams, and that with just 11 kids on each team instead of 12. Toatal of 132 kids in the programcurrently, down from the 182 in the good old days. If you think the Recreation Department does a good job you are seriously in the minority.Ask Tony Ignomirello if they do a good job(he of soccer and baseball youth leagues) Ask John Leadbeater ( he is probably real sorry he appointed Ralph!). Ask Gary Blanco or Tom Witt. Ask the Roller Hockey people (Tony Gouveia). Ask any of them if the Rec Department is in good shape and does a good job.

Football1, better yet, tell me any person who thinks they DO doa good job? Name anyone for the record who thinks the rec department is doing a"very nice job" I cant name one recreation program that is nicely run. All of them have problems on some level. And that is very unfortunate for our children!

Guest Football Parentt

Can you please tell me what the Recreation Department has done for Football? Please enlighten me! What did they "come through" for the football program?

You also stated they doa very nice job! That is untrue! Name one program that is satisfied! Meanwhile, I wil name countless people who were unhappy.

Guest guest

Great post. I believe I posted somethng very similar, Check out the last listing under Kearny Baseball on May 22nd. I would like to personally thank you for your posting, it seems no one had anything to add to my posting about the abusive Kearny Rec. Department. I'm guessing like myself, you are a life long resident. I just thought since you are so familiar with the Martone/Ralph scam, you would enjoy reading my posting regarding this horrible and disgusting, treatment our kids have to endure at the hands of these slackers. Let me know if you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed telling it.