Suspension List

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

At the last Board of Education Meeting I picked up a list of all the students who where suspended in the Kearny School System.

Is this list supposed to be public record. If so post it on the website. Makes for pretty good conversation.

Guest Guest
At the last Board of Education Meeting I picked up a list of all the students who where suspended in the Kearny School System.

Is this list supposed to be public record. If so post it on the website. Makes for pretty good conversation.

It was probably a mistake. Question Mooney, would be his office that did it.

Guest Guest

Why would a list of students become "Public Record"? Especially when you aren't even allowed to print kids' names who have been convicted of a crime in the newspaper. As a matter of fact, if you did obtain such a list I would think that would be a criminal offense. People are not even allowed to use kids' names in a BOE meeting.

And what is the big deal if a kid got suspended? Happens all the time. I would worry more about the ecstasy being dealt in the schools and kids ODing, that seems more of a concern and a topic to be talked about on here...

Guest Guest
Why would a list of students become "Public Record"? Especially when you aren't even allowed to print kids' names who have been convicted of a crime in the newspaper. As a matter of fact, if you did obtain such a list I would think that would be a criminal offense. People are not even allowed to use kids' names in a BOE meeting.

And what is the big deal if a kid got suspended? Happens all the time. I would worry more about the ecstasy being dealt in the schools and kids ODing, that seems more of a concern and a topic to be talked about on here...

You are right kids overdosing should be a concern, but what does the boe do, they appoint one of the kids involved to a summer job. I must be doing something wrong, I always thought rewards are given to those who do well. Now all the kids will be seeing this and wondering.