Observer is embarrassing

Guest Bob P.

Guest Bob P.

is the heat getting to this writer's brain?

Weekend Roadrunners and Everything Else

By Lisa Pezzolla

Over the weekend I cycled to Nyack Park in New York and back, a fun 22-mile ride with stops along the way browsing in antique shops. It was a pleasure not having to park the car. Unfortunately, the roadrunners over the weekend were outrageous, almost pushing you off the road, when there are signs for cyclist to ride single file. When cycling, you really get a good understanding of how inconsiderate and reckless drivers can be, even when cyclists are all over with signs posted.

In 1993, I had a terrible bike accident and ever since then I never leave home without proper ID and emergency phone numbers with me before I begin my ride.

I couldn’t believe that with the gas prices climbing to an all time high there was so many cars on the road! Maybe they are staying local (because of these outrageous gas prices) to save money.

I wish I lived closer so I could cycle to work. I don’t know about you but I am finding it impossible to get around. This past Friday was difficult getting home, not just on the highways but also local driving has become unusually overcrowded.

We are actually having spring weather this year and it is always the beginning of the season when we start our gardening and we brush the cobwebs off our tennis rackets, bikes, etc. Once again we are able to enjoy our favorite outdoor activities.

Before doing any activity warm up by stretching; my sister is constantly yelling at me to stretch.

For me, this is the perfect year round weather, sunny longer days minus the humidity – I’ll take this weather everyday.

Guest guest
is the heat getting to this writer's brain?

Weekend Roadrunners and Everything Else

By Lisa Pezzolla

Over the weekend I cycled to Nyack Park in New York and back, a fun 22-mile ride with stops along the way browsing in antique shops. It was a pleasure not having to park the car. Unfortunately, the roadrunners over the weekend were outrageous, almost pushing you off the road, when there are signs for cyclist to ride single file. When cycling, you really get a good understanding of how inconsiderate and reckless drivers can be, even when cyclists are all over with signs posted.

In 1993, I had a terrible bike accident and ever since then I never leave home without proper ID and emergency phone numbers with me before I begin my ride.

I couldn’t believe that with the gas prices climbing to an all time high there was so many cars on the road! Maybe they are staying local (because of these outrageous gas prices) to save money.

I wish I lived closer so I could cycle to work. I don’t know about you but I am finding it impossible to get around. This past Friday was difficult getting home, not just on the highways but also local driving has become unusually overcrowded.

We are actually having spring weather this year and it is always the beginning of the season when we start our gardening and we brush the cobwebs off our tennis rackets, bikes, etc. Once again we are able to enjoy our favorite outdoor activities.

Before doing any activity warm up by stretching; my sister is constantly yelling at me to stretch.

For me, this is the perfect year round weather, sunny longer days minus the humidity – I’ll take this weather everyday.

I agree. I love the summer. Enjoy your bicycling.