More ACLU Outrages

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

The Loony Left Atheist ACLU has filed another lawsuit against the Mt. Soledad Memorial Cross in San Deigo. Their last lawsuit went to the

Supreme Court where they lost. The cross and it's surrounding property is now federal property which eliminates San Deigo from the lawsuit.

The Thomas More Law Center in Michigan is defending this suit pro bono as they defended the last one. The Thomas More Law Center is a

Christian based law center that defends Christian causes without charge. I support them financially and I urge anyone who supports Christian

causes to contact them (they're on the web) and mail them a check (I'm sure Paul will).

Guest Guest
The Loony Left Atheist ACLU has filed another lawsuit against the Mt. Soledad Memorial Cross in San Deigo. Their last lawsuit went to the

Supreme Court where they lost. The cross and it's surrounding property is now federal property which eliminates San Deigo from the lawsuit.

The Thomas More Law Center in Michigan is defending this suit pro bono as they defended the last one. The Thomas More Law Center is a

Christian based law center that defends Christian causes without charge. I support them financially and I urge anyone who supports Christian

causes to contact them (they're on the web) and mail them a check (I'm sure Paul will).

Idiot.

Guest Guest

It's an outrage that people have a problem with a religious symbol being on federal land? Exactly where do you get off calling anyone ELSE loony, goofball?

Guest TheoryCat

Wow-you sure are easy to outrage. It isn't exactly universally accepted that crosses should be erected over those of multiple faiths. My Jewish grandfather wouldn't appreciate it I'm sure.

This is all about your majority forcing your religion on the rest of us. Christian causes in action. No wonder you're dying out.

Guest Guest

Coming from this knuckle-dragger, this post doesn't mean much.

It's a shame this so-called Christian-based law center doesn't understand its own religion. If it did, it would understand that forcing its religion on other people is not even Christian.

Guest Guest

There's nothing radical about what the ACLU is saying. It makes perfect sense.

Read it and judge for yourself.

http://www.aclu.org/religion/govtfunding/2...es20060824.html

Guest Guest
It's a war memorial, you idiot. The cross no different than the thousands of crosses at Arlington Cemetary.

It's NOT a war memorial, "you idiot":

The Mt. Soledad Easter Cross was dedicated to "Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" in a dedication bulletin by the grandmother of William J. Kellogg, President of the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association on Easter Sunday, 1954.-- [Paulson v. City of San Diego, 262 F.3d 885 (9th Cir. 2001), Documents on file with the US District Court of Southern California]

----------

"According to the interpretation of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and No Preference Clause of the California Constitution by the opponents of the cross, it is illegal to display a religious symbol, such as a Christian cross, on public land, as it demonstrates preference to a specific religion and thus violates the separation of church and state. Judges have sided with plaintiffs on multiple occasions and ruled that the cross is illegal and has to be removed or sold to the highest bidder."

Guest Guest
It's a war memorial, you idiot. The cross no different than the thousands of crosses at Arlington Cemetary.

It's completely different. Those crosses at Arlington are chosen by the individual soldiers' families, which have the right to have the religious symbol of their choice over their loved one's grave. By the way, crosses are not the only symbols there.

Before you call someone else an idiot, you should take great care to be sure you know what you're talking about.

Guest Patriot
It's NOT a war memorial, "you idiot":

The Mt. Soledad Easter Cross was dedicated to "Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" in a dedication bulletin by the grandmother of William J. Kellogg, President of the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association on Easter Sunday, 1954.-- [Paulson v. City of San Diego, 262 F.3d 885 (9th Cir. 2001), Documents on file with the US District Court of Southern California]

----------

"According to the interpretation of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and No Preference Clause of the California Constitution by the opponents of the cross, it is illegal to display a religious symbol, such as a Christian cross, on public land, as it demonstrates preference to a specific religion and thus violates the separation of church and state. Judges have sided with plaintiffs on multiple occasions and ruled that the cross is illegal and has to be removed or sold to the highest bidder."

Wrong again. dipshit. Mt. Soledad Cross is dedicated to our Korean war veterans. The Supreme Court has already ruled that it stays, the ACLU

is wasting their time.

Guest Guest
Wrong again. dipshit. Mt. Soledad Cross is dedicated to our Korean war veterans. The Supreme Court has already ruled that it stays, the ACLU

is wasting their time.

You don't know what you're talking about. The Supreme Court has made no such ruling.

Guest Guest
Wrong again. dipshit. Mt. Soledad Cross is dedicated to our Korean war veterans.

On April 18, 1954, the Association dedicated the Latin cross during a Christian religious ceremony held on Easter Sunday. During that ceremony, the Latin cross was explicitly dedicated to "Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" in an Association dedication bulletin. (Every annual publication of the Thomas Brothers Map for the San Diego area from 1954 to 1989 – the year the government's display of the Latin cross was first challenged in court – presented a geographic legal description of the location as the "Mt. Soledad Easter Cross.") Throughout the past fifty years, the Latin cross has served not only as a religious symbol but also as the site of numerous religious events, such as weddings, baptisms, and Easter sunrise services.

Sorry, but you can call me "dipshit" all you want, it's not going to change the facts."

The Supreme Court has already ruled that it stays,

LOL, I'll bet you anything you can't cite that ruling, seeing as how it doesn't exist and all.

the ACLU

is wasting their time.

On the contrary--you're wasting your time lying when EVERYONE you're lying to knows you're full of crap. Why bother?

Guest a proud american
Good grief. The Supreme Court has never decided the case. All it did was block enforcement of the District Court's ruling until the Ninth Circuit court could hear the case. Read it from a site favorable to your opinion: http://www.soledadmemorial.com/web/pages/cross_update.htm

Paul, I have made this same arguement with them and it just doesn't sink in. They only hear what they want to hear and we are wasting our time. You nor I can ever get through to these people.

Guest Paul
Paul, I have made this same arguement with them and it just doesn't sink in. They only hear what they want to hear and we are wasting our time. You nor I can ever get through to these people.

I know, but we have to try. They are our fellow citizens, and many of them vote. One of the great ironies for me is that the religious right is correct: we are in a culture war, but the one that will preserve liberty and make life livable in the future is not the one they think it is. The necessary culture war is the one in which good people will fight just to get their fellow citizens to be rational and reasonable, and to put the evidence ahead of what we wish to believe. That is what these people will not do, at least not yet.