Negotiation is not appeasement

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
A personal attack from you, Paul. What a shock. The post wasn't about the literal numbers of those that hate us; but rather the root cause. Just for the record radical Islam started long before Bush, don't tell anyone I told you, you can take the credit for the observation.

You blame Bush and Republicans all the time. I blamed Carter for imagining he ever even had a foreign policy; let alone one with any accomplishments. (Please don't mention Camp David w/ Israel and Egypt. The credit there goes to Begin and Sadat, who was killed for it. And, if memory serves me, wasn't there a certain Al Qaeda leader involved in that plot??) But, yes, I brought up Carter and you called me on it; completely, AGAIN, ignoring the fact that you pointed the finger first. Yes, Virginia, you are the hypocrite.

As for listening, you're not the first to suggest I'm stubborn, (I prefer the more euphmestic . . . principled), but it will be a cold day in hell (OOPS, a reference to a higher power, so sorry!) before I use poll numbers as a means to formulate my own opinions. BTW, you're not exactly Gandhi when it comes to listening to opposing points of view.

I will engage in useful debate, but will not answer to posts where YOU call me "ignorant" or other personal insults. I would think a grown man would be above such things. See, I can admit when I'm wrong, I thought you were educated and able to apply reason, I was wrong.

Comparing Carter to Bush isn't helpful today. When you frame the discussion that way, all you make clear are your biases.

Guest Guest
What else do you call our country's leader admitted to being unconcerned about the man who orchestrated an attack on this country, but treasonous?

Ignorant.

Dishonest.

Dangerous.