Kearny Baseball

Guest guest

Guest guest

Instead of Sickinger whining in the Observer this week, he should take a long hard look at the tactics he used all season with ignoring talent and paying back favors.

Guest khsplayerfan

You got that right....I've watched the senior players on that team since before they played on Little League and they are truly talented kids--but he barely mentioned them, even though this will be the end of baseball for some of them. The morale on that team must be pretty low for those kids to play badly--or maybe they just don't really care anymore. I'm sure seeing him go on about the Freshman and how good the future will be is hurtful, kinda like a slap in the face, to the kids who won't be there next year.

I hope maybe he realizes that not only the players are at fault. Sometimes you get what you give and I've been on the sidelines long enough to know that you don't get anything from that coach unless you are one of his chosen few. The funny thing is, if you are one of the chosen few, you can screw up MANY,MANY times and still play . I've seen it happen over and over again.

Guest Bet on It
Instead of Sickinger whining in the Observer this week, he should take a long hard look at the tactics he used all season with ignoring talent and paying back favors.

The Dr didn't put his 2 cents in -did he??

Guest baseball fan

Mr. Sickinger is just like ALL the idiots who think they know baseball. In fact he was so mad last year that he wasn't even going to coach anymore. Now he is even putting together 2 American Legion teams. Funny I guest his pets will all be on that team. Word has it that him and Ralph Cattafi have formed a bond to force Kearnys 15 and 16 year old players to either play for Legion or have that hang over their head for tryouts next year. Well my son is going to play for Mr. Leadbeater anyway. He has been coaching for 40 years and only cares about the boys playing ball and staying out of trouble. Once Mr. Leadbeater went to the town about field permits, then and only then did Jimmy and Ralph decide to put 2 teams of Legion together. The group of young men on Mr. Leadbeaters team have been playing together for years. Maybe that is why Jimmy and Ralph are jealous

Guest Guest

Coward.

Guest karma

how about he forgot one of the seniors in the article. I find it completely unprofessional that he made those comments about the future of his team. Those poor seniors (most of whom did not want to play this year because of him) fell ike they got kick in the teeth.

Guest Guest

OK, from the stand-point of a kid playing baseball. Why do we play baseball?? that is one simple question and the answer will ALWAYS be the same to those who are committed WE LOVE THE GAME!!!! So how about the adults stop all the political non-sense and let us(the kids) play the sport we have grown to love from playing baseball with our "brothers," yes, we are now brothers we have been together for so long. WE JUST WANT TO PLAY AND THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO BE SAID STOP TRYING TO RUN CERTAIN TEAMS AWAY FROM THE GAME BECAUSE THAT TEAM HAS A VERY HIGH PERCENTAGE CHANCE OF ACTUALLY DOING WELL.

Guest confused

Now the kids that play are PETS. Thats great for their moral and well being. If ther is an issue between the Rec dept and Mr lead, let them work it out like adults and stop mentioning the kids. Grow the hell up people.

Hmmmm, so now the kids that play on Legion are PETS. That does wonders for the kids that read these listings and it sure is a make me feel good feeling for them. If there is an issue with the Rec Department and Mr. Lead, let them hash it out like adults and keep the lids out of it. Lets grow up here. Some of these comments are childish, he said she said. If there is a conflict with the Legion schedule and other baseball programs. work it out. Have the other program start after Legion is over. Work together its the mature way of doing things and I think will build respect for all involved.

Guest Why?

Attention parents and fellow tax payers. I have read all the postings listed regarding KHS baseball and the Kearny summer programs. It is very obvious, we have a serious problem here, and, something has got to be done. This is a good start right here on this site, keep it going and let the truth come out. This is exactly how we are going to get something done, for our kids sake. I will be bringing this entire mess to Mr. Mooney for our boys on the high school level, and, Alberto Santos on the recreational level, then promply drop it in there laps. If these people do not do there jobs, all it takes is 1,000 names on a piece of paper to fire them all.

Lets look at some of the dirty little secrets going on just in the recreation department in our own town hall. Come on people think about it, this is a small town and this was all in the local newspaper. The way it went down was Mr. Martone was the hired as the director of Kearny Recreation. Martone got arrested on marijuana charges (nice example for the kids), and, he was Fired. Now it gets good, the town hires Ralph Cataffi to replace Martone. How and what credentials are needed to become a town recreation director, I do not know. Apparently though in Kearny, in this case, it was a case of ******* **** **** ***** ******

Now, Mr. Martone hires himself a lawyer and gets his $100,000.00 a year job back, (with benefits). This is it people, here come the million dollar question. Why in gods name do we need to be paying these salaries to not just one overprice civil servant, but, we pay for two. I have to wonder what exactly Mr. Martone has on this town to yeld such power?

This is number one reason for the problems regarding the craziness in Kearny Youth Summer Baseball Program.

Now, lets move onto the problems with the Kearny High School Baseball program.

As I stated in the begining of this posting, there is no secret, it has been going on for a very long time. I get all my information directly from the town local newspaper, and, sadly watching every single horrible thing mentioned on this site.

**** ***** needs replacing, just like the ******** ***** how can the high school allow such open corruption such as parents paying off the coach to assure their kid plays ball? Please, don't insult anyone of us here trying to teach our kids that what you are doing is wrong, it should be a crime and it is.

Let's use an example, Say your kid excells at first base and has been since pee wee league. Now, everything is going good, this kid is putting in the extra time puts up with this coach and his well know abuse and gets his credits to play. Pay attention here, because I am going thru all this to make the point for this kid and all the other kids who get the "*********" treatment. Now, along comes a ******** and lets just say, *** *** knows a thing or two about cement. The town can use some batting and pitching cages, which are made out of, you guess it, cememt. The town could have built them, but, because we spent close to $238,000.00 for a two story building that n o b o d y uses, at Harvey Field, and, maybe we don't have enough left over to build a cement pad for our tractor? Now, lets not accuse anyone of any wrong doings, but, we all know what a favor is right? We now have a sophomore 1st baseman who plays every game and new batting and pitching cages.

Sad part of these common stories is that the kid on first base is not the kid who sacrificed so much to be there, and, who had the talent and only 4 years at Kearny High to take it further.

Want another example. Say your kid attends ******* school and does not play baseball and likes soccer, your kid comes home in tears because he is taunted by some big, (really big), loud mouthed bully in gym class. It seem the abuse starts very early for some of these kids at the expense of this coach/teacher. Now it comes out, that if if your kids plays on the American Legion program, you can bet your last dollar that kid will be playing KHS Baseball.

This could go on, and on, and on, and on. Or we, as parents can take the trash out. Please keep posting any and all info you have. The parents and the KIDS deserve better than the flunkies that I went to high school with, and yes, I did go to KHS. It was corrupt then and it is corrupt now.