Tavern Talk: Doran In 2010

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Nothing like pub politics.

They drink and I listen. They drink some more and I listen some more.

It's not Friday nights or the weekends. The suds and the spirits flow on week nights right after town hall meetings.

True to form, Doran holds court- a somewhat hybrid of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. But I think he's a Hillary to the bone.

And so what have I heard?

2010. It's all about 2010.

Doran's not running for re-election in the Fourth Ward. Pity not McDonough because he was forewarned. Indeed no surprise here- Doran will be running for Mayor. His successor as councilman from the largest ward in Harrison? Apparently he has his eye on only two guys in this regard: Danny Choffo and Mikey Hinchcliffe.

But then again this is only tavern talk.

So much brew and booze. You got to love those guys.

Guest Guest
Nothing like pub politics.

They drink and I listen. They drink some more and I listen some more.

It's not Friday nights or the weekends. The suds and the spirits flow on week nights right after town hall meetings.

True to form, Doran holds court- a somewhat hybrid of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. But I think he's a Hillary to the bone.

And so what have I heard?

2010. It's all about 2010.

Doran's not running for re-election in the Fourth Ward. Pity not McDonough because he was forewarned. Indeed no surprise here- Doran will be running for Mayor. His successor as councilman from the largest ward in Harrison? Apparently he has his eye on only two guys in this regard: Danny Choffo and Mikey Hinchcliffe.

But then again this is only tavern talk.

So much brew and booze. You got to love those guys.

Guest 2 wise

This is the danger of these message boards. Someone can come on here and make bas;ess allegations about any topic they want. They could be total junk, and defamation of councilman Doran. It is sad the KOTW lets these kind of stories run.

As for the allegations, I've heard this tune before, same words, different beat. I will only believe it when I see it.

To who-ever made this allegation, A. Sogn your name. or B. State more facts. It's that simple.

Guest Guest
This is the danger of these message boards. Someone can come on here and make bas;ess allegations about any topic they want. They could be total junk, and defamation of councilman Doran. It is sad the KOTW lets these kind of stories run.

As for the allegations, I've heard this tune before, same words, different beat. I will only believe it when I see it.

To who-ever made this allegation, A. Sogn your name. or B. State more facts. It's that simple.

This is the new place for tavern talk. There is also the audio and visual side to this site.

I for one am happy to hear Jimmy Doran named as a possible answer to the problem we have in Harrison now. This Town is run by a person turmed put of office by the the people and a out of town lawyer.

Watch the videos of the Council meetings the majority of the council just sit there silently ,when is their pride?

If Jimmy was Mayor. I'm sure they would become active council people and represent their wards and the Town of Harrison.

Keep posting here and watch those meeting tapes.

Guest a fly
This is the new place for tavern talk. There is also the audio and visual side to this site.

I for one am happy to hear Jimmy Doran named as a possible answer to the problem we have in Harrison now. This Town is run by a person turmed put of office by the the people and a out of town lawyer.

Watch the videos of the Council meetings the majority of the council just sit there silently ,when is their pride?

If Jimmy was Mayor. I'm sure they would become active council people and represent their wards and the Town of Harrison.

Keep posting here and watch those meeting tapes.

how foolish of you to think so? what has he done for his ward? whohas he done? apparently you wit the stupidity on your posting! j off the council are all followers! idiot! :unsure:

Guest Guest
how foolish of you to think so? what has he done for his ward? whohas he done? apparently you wit the stupidity on your posting! j off the council are all followers! idiot! :excl:

I guess these two are forgetting about Joe Wood.

Joe is our man, either for Mayor or Council. He will beat Doran or Choffo in the 4th. He may even beat Doran for Mayor.

Go Joe Go!!!

Guest guest

Joe is our man, either for Mayor or Council. He will beat Doran or Choffo in the 4th. He may even beat Doran for Mayor.

Go Joe Go!!!

You really are kidding aren't you. My 10 year old can do a better job. He reads off his notes that someone writes for him like a little boy. He has no idea what the hell he is doing other then what he is told to do and say. It's so funny watching him speak. Are you for real Joe Wood for Mayor. He doesn't have a clue to anything. That really is hilarious.

Guest Guest

Go Joe Go!!!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves there peppy.

Guest 967DE8

Go Joe Go!!!

JOE WOOD IS A CHILD, LISTEN TO HIM WHEN HE IS FILMING AT THE MEETINGS , HE IS GIGLING AND TALKING OVER THE RECORDING. HE IS A LARGE MAN CHILD. I DON'T THINK HE HAS A CLUE . HE REPEATS EVERYTHING THE MC CORMICKS SAY AND DON'T EXPRESS A SINGLE IDEA OF HIS OWN .. WOULD NOT BE MY CHOICE FOR DOGCATCHER.

Guest Guest
JOE WOOD IS A CHILD, LISTEN TO HIM WHEN HE IS FILMING AT THE MEETINGS , HE IS GIGLING AND TALKING OVER THE RECORDING. HE IS A LARGE MAN CHILD. I DON'T THINK HE HAS A CLUE . HE REPEATS EVERYTHING THE MC CORMICKS SAY AND DON'T EXPRESS A SINGLE IDEA OF HIS OWN .. WOULD NOT BE MY CHOICE FOR DOGCATCHER.

I would rather have a rookie like Joe, who WILL grow into the job than Choofo or Doran at the helm. These too think they own Harrison and maybe they should get a feeling that many do not like their p[olitics or how they conduct business. Did we get an answer from the ethics panel yet?? I can see both of the latter two losing their real estate licenses at the very least.

Go young man. Joe will be our choice in the 4th or for the MAYOR!!!!

Guest the old lady
Forget about the Halloween Parade, we'll have the gay pride parade instead.

Why do you CARE ***** *** ****** ***********??? What does that have to do with his political opinions? GET OVER IT!!

Guest Guest
I would rather have a rookie like Joe, who WILL grow into the job than Choofo or Doran at the helm. These too think they own Harrison and maybe they should get a feeling that many do not like their p[olitics or how they conduct business. Did we get an answer from the ethics panel yet?? I can see both of the latter two losing their real estate licenses at the very least.

Both Doran and Choffo are two of the nicest guys in town- both are first class, high quality. They are the best that Harrison are any other town might have to offer. And both Jim and Dan are true gentlemen.

HEY MISTER HARRISON ARE YOU ONE OF THE PIECESOF GARBAGE THAT MOVED TO HARRISON FROM THE NORTH WARD NEWARK WHEN THEY WERE COMPLETING ROUTE 280 BETWEEN 1968 AND THE MID 70S YOU SEEM TO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS MAYBE YOU SHOULD RUN FOR MAYOR

No, I've always lived in town.

• 1 month later...