MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Manscape

:) WHO IN HELL ARE THE 29%????? PNAC and the CARLYLE GROUP extended families? :)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/01/bush.poll/index.html

Poll: More disapprove of Bush than any other president

WASHINGTON DC (CNN) -- A new poll suggests that President Bush is the most unpopular president in modern American history.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll shows 71 percent disapprove of President Bush's job performance.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Thursday indicates that 71 percent of the American public disapprove of how Bush is handling his job as president.

"No president has ever had a higher disapproval rating in any CNN or Gallup Poll; in fact, this is the first time that any president's disapproval rating has cracked the 70 percent mark," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

"Bush's approval rating, which stands at 28 percent in our new poll, remains better than the all-time lows set by Harry Truman and Richard Nixon [22 percent and 24 percent, respectively], but even those two presidents never got a disapproval rating in the 70s," Holland said. "The previous all-time record in CNN or Gallup polling was set by Truman, 67 percent disapproval in January 1952."

While Gallup polling goes back to the 1930s, it wasn't until the Truman years that they began surveying monthly approval ratings.

CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider adds, "He is more unpopular than Richard Nixon was just before he resigned from the presidency in August 1974."

President Nixon's disapproval rating in August 1974 stood at 66 percent

The poll also indicates that support for the war in Iraq has never been lower. Thirty percent of those questioned favored the war, while 68 percent opposed it.

"Americans are growing more pessimistic about the war," Holland said. "In January, nearly half believed that things were going well for the U.S. in Iraq; now that figure has dropped to 39 percent."

The numbers on the Iraq war come on the five-year anniversary of Bush's "Mission Accomplished" moment on board the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, when he proclaimed that "major combat operations in Iraq have ended."

The record-low support for the war in a CNN poll could be one reason behind the president's unpopularity, but it probably is not the only one.

"Support for the war, the assessment of the economy and approval of Mr. Bush are all about the same -- bad," Schneider said.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll was conducted by telephone from Monday through Wednesday among 1,008 adult Americans.

The poll's sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Guest 2smart4u
:) WHO IN HELL ARE THE 29%????? PNAC and the CARLYLE GROUP extended families? :)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/01/bush.poll/index.html

Poll: More disapprove of Bush than any other president

WASHINGTON DC (CNN) -- A new poll suggests that President Bush is the most unpopular president in modern American history.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll shows 71 percent disapprove of President Bush's job performance.

A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Thursday indicates that 71 percent of the American public disapprove of how Bush is handling his job as president.

"No president has ever had a higher disapproval rating in any CNN or Gallup Poll; in fact, this is the first time that any president's disapproval rating has cracked the 70 percent mark," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

"Bush's approval rating, which stands at 28 percent in our new poll, remains better than the all-time lows set by Harry Truman and Richard Nixon [22 percent and 24 percent, respectively], but even those two presidents never got a disapproval rating in the 70s," Holland said. "The previous all-time record in CNN or Gallup polling was set by Truman, 67 percent disapproval in January 1952."

While Gallup polling goes back to the 1930s, it wasn't until the Truman years that they began surveying monthly approval ratings.

CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider adds, "He is more unpopular than Richard Nixon was just before he resigned from the presidency in August 1974."

President Nixon's disapproval rating in August 1974 stood at 66 percent

The poll also indicates that support for the war in Iraq has never been lower. Thirty percent of those questioned favored the war, while 68 percent opposed it.

"Americans are growing more pessimistic about the war," Holland said. "In January, nearly half believed that things were going well for the U.S. in Iraq; now that figure has dropped to 39 percent."

The numbers on the Iraq war come on the five-year anniversary of Bush's "Mission Accomplished" moment on board the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, when he proclaimed that "major combat operations in Iraq have ended."

The record-low support for the war in a CNN poll could be one reason behind the president's unpopularity, but it probably is not the only one.

"Support for the war, the assessment of the economy and approval of Mr. Bush are all about the same -- bad," Schneider said.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll was conducted by telephone from Monday through Wednesday among 1,008 adult Americans.

The poll's sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Go clean your room up, you're getting hysterical.

Guest Guest

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2008/05/mission-accompl.html

Via Seamus, comes this email from a Navy Lieutenant who was aboard the USS Lincoln during the visit from President Bush. Yesterday was the anniversary of President Bush's speech about the end of major combat operations, and it was covered by some the media as the infamous "Mission Accomplished" speech.

Here is what Lieutenant Paul Updike has to say about it:

I thought you might like to hear the rest of the story that the media misinformed the nation about on what "Mission Accomplished" was all about.

My name is Paul Updike and I served aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln during the Iraq War. I would like to comment specifically about the controversy that surrounds the displaying of the "Mission Accomplished" banner during the time of the President's visit aboard my ship. It is my sincere hope that I will be able to clear up what appears to be a great misunderstanding about the true meaning behind the banner.

The "Mission Accomplished" banner was created to celebrate the return of the USS Abraham Lincoln to her home port in Everett, WA after an extended 11 month cruise. We were happy and proud to return to our families after such a long time away. The average cruise length for a naval vessel at that time was normally around 6 months. Our mission during Operation Iraqi freedom was accomplished with overwhelming success and thus this banner was created and proudly displayed to represent the USS Abraham Lincoln's individual accomplishments during the war. It certainly did not mean that the American mission as a whole had been accomplished in Iraq.

The media stationed aboard our vessel clearly understood the truth behind the banner yet fed the public a twisted version of this truth. I honestly believe that those opposed to the war saw an opportunity to spin the truth about the banner in order to attack the President. As an officer aboard the ship at that time, I found it to be hurtful and insulting that the media would use our specific accomplishments as a platform to attack our Commander-in-Chief. The President's visit to the USS Abraham Lincoln was a great honor to those of us serving aboard her at the time. It is shameful and reprehensible to see the tremendous spin that has been placed on this great event. I was proud to serve my country and I will always support my Commander-in-Chief. God bless America.

Yours very respectfully,

Paul Updike

So is Manbitch going to now go after this Naval Officer?? What will it be Scumboy?? Is the Lt just a Dupe?? or perhaps is he, as your Leftist Buddies like to accuse "Too Stupid to make it out of the Military"??? The truth is, you like to sit behind your computer and wax Philosophically about everything.,.but what have you ever actually DONE??? other than live in Mom's basement and B**ch about your betters.

Guest KHS Alumnus
So is Manbitch going to now go after this Naval Officer?? What will it be Scumboy?? Is the Lt just a Dupe?? or perhaps is he, as your Leftist Buddies like to accuse "Too Stupid to make it out of the Military"??? The truth is, you like to sit behind your computer and wax Philosophically about everything.,.but what have you ever actually DONE??? other than live in Mom's basement and B**ch about your betters.

What a child you are.

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended." --George W. Bush, May 1st, 2003

His own words.

Meanwhile, nearly 4,000 US troops have died in Iraq since that speech, and tens of thousands have been injured, with a few more dying nearly every day. Someone ought to tell those corpses that there's no more major combat going on; clearly they didn't get the message, right?

Care to tell me what this disastrous occupation has "actually DONE???" What has it done? It's invaded a country unprovoked, destroyed its infrastructure, INCREASED Al-Qaeda activity in Iraq (remember, there was no Al-Qaeda in Iraq before we showed up), and cost us HALF A TRILLION DOLLARS. And for what? We're LESS safe than we were before! Terrorist groups are using our occupation as fuel for recruiting new members. Oil prices are going up, national debt is skyrocketing, and the dollar's value is plummeting. We literally could have had another 9/11 and less American lives would have been lost than have been lost in Iraq; sad but true. When the 'solution' costs more lives than the problem, clearly something is wrong.

Guest Patriot
What a child you are.

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended." --George W. Bush, May 1st, 2003

His own words.

Meanwhile, nearly 4,000 US troops have died in Iraq since that speech, and tens of thousands have been injured, with a few more dying nearly every day. Someone ought to tell those corpses that there's no more major combat going on; clearly they didn't get the message, right?

Care to tell me what this disastrous occupation has "actually DONE???" What has it done? It's invaded a country unprovoked, destroyed its infrastructure, INCREASED Al-Qaeda activity in Iraq (remember, there was no Al-Qaeda in Iraq before we showed up), and cost us HALF A TRILLION DOLLARS. And for what? We're LESS safe than we were before! Terrorist groups are using our occupation as fuel for recruiting new members. Oil prices are going up, national debt is skyrocketing, and the dollar's value is plummeting. We literally could have had another 9/11 and less American lives would have been lost than have been lost in Iraq; sad but true. When the 'solution' costs more lives than the problem, clearly something is wrong.

More Loony Left talking points; "we're less safe than we were before". The only way that would

become true is if Obama or Hillary gets elected. Bush has kept us all safe, God bless our Commander-

in-Chief, George Bush.

Guest *Fred*
More Loony Left talking points; "we're less safe than we were before". The only way that would

become true is if Obama or Hillary gets elected. Bush has kept us all safe, God bless our Commander-

in-Chief, George Bush.

Other than that little 9/11 thing, sure!

Guest Guest
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2008/05/mission-accompl.html

Via Seamus, comes this email from a Navy Lieutenant who was aboard the USS Lincoln during the visit from President Bush. Yesterday was the anniversary of President Bush's speech about the end of major combat operations, and it was covered by some the media as the infamous "Mission Accomplished" speech.

Here is what Lieutenant Paul Updike has to say about it:

I thought you might like to hear the rest of the story that the media misinformed the nation about on what "Mission Accomplished" was all about.

My name is Paul Updike and I served aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln during the Iraq War. I would like to comment specifically about the controversy that surrounds the displaying of the "Mission Accomplished" banner during the time of the President's visit aboard my ship. It is my sincere hope that I will be able to clear up what appears to be a great misunderstanding about the true meaning behind the banner.

The "Mission Accomplished" banner was created to celebrate the return of the USS Abraham Lincoln to her home port in Everett, WA after an extended 11 month cruise. We were happy and proud to return to our families after such a long time away. The average cruise length for a naval vessel at that time was normally around 6 months. Our mission during Operation Iraqi freedom was accomplished with overwhelming success and thus this banner was created and proudly displayed to represent the USS Abraham Lincoln's individual accomplishments during the war. It certainly did not mean that the American mission as a whole had been accomplished in Iraq.

The media stationed aboard our vessel clearly understood the truth behind the banner yet fed the public a twisted version of this truth. I honestly believe that those opposed to the war saw an opportunity to spin the truth about the banner in order to attack the President. As an officer aboard the ship at that time, I found it to be hurtful and insulting that the media would use our specific accomplishments as a platform to attack our Commander-in-Chief. The President's visit to the USS Abraham Lincoln was a great honor to those of us serving aboard her at the time. It is shameful and reprehensible to see the tremendous spin that has been placed on this great event. I was proud to serve my country and I will always support my Commander-in-Chief. God bless America.

Yours very respectfully,

Paul Updike

Pretty weak excuse. If it was for a home coming in Everett, WA, what was it doing hanging at the top of the ship off the coast of California? You are also telling me the Bush didn't even notice that it was behind him? Please...

And you can take all your right wing bravado and put where the sun don't shine. You were sitting behind a computer too ... Hmmmm?

Guest Guest
Other than that little 9/11 thing, sure!

That "9/11 thing" that Clinton caused when he wouldn't take Bin Laden from the Sudanese and when he ordered the CIA not to share intelligence with the FBI. The plans for 9/11 were well underway when Bush

became president. It took more than a year to change the long entrenched culture of the FBI and CIA of not sharing intelligence. Thanks to Bush the intelligence services are now working together and sharing intel.

That's why we haven't been hit again.

Guest Guest
More <nonsense>

Major combat operations have ended, said Bush in May 2003. Maybe you ought to tell the 4000 dead's families not to worry, that Bush says major combat operations have ended.

Idiot.

Guest Guest
That "9/11 thing" that Clinton caused

Oh, shut the f**k up with this nonsense already. Only a total fool would blame 9/11 on Bill Clinton.

Guest Guest
Major combat operations have ended, said Bush in May 2003. Maybe you ought to tell the 4000 dead's families not to worry, that Bush says major combat operations have ended.

Idiot.

If Clinton had taken Bin Laden when he had the chance, major combat operations would have been over.

Guest Guest
If Clinton had taken Bin Laden when he had the chance,

Bullshit.

major combat operations would have been over.

So you agree that they aren't over. So why did Bush lie and say they were? Do you have the guts to give that question a straight answer?

Guest Guest
Bullshit.

So you agree that they aren't over. So why did Bush lie and say they were? Do you have the guts to give that question a straight answer?

Bush didn't lie, he was referring to the initial attack phase. However, if you're looking for a liar, remember "I did not have sexual relations

with that woman". Now there was a whopper.

Guest Guest
That "9/11 thing" that Clinton caused when he wouldn't take Bin Laden from the Sudanese and when he ordered the CIA not to share intelligence with the FBI. The plans for 9/11 were well underway when Bush

became president. It took more than a year to change the long entrenched culture of the FBI and CIA of not sharing intelligence. Thanks to Bush the intelligence services are now working together and sharing intel.

That's why we haven't been hit again.

What a NITWIT and sucker for urban myth!

It was Saudi Arabia that refused to take OBL from Sudan.

And if you'd pull your head out you'd understand WHOSE watch 9/11 occurred on, the punk cowboy who was warned and did NOTHING!

Guest Guest
If Clinton had taken Bin Laden when he had the chance, major combat operations would have been over.

Whatta ya mean WOULD have been over? The nitwit cowboy says they have been for years.

Ya mean he LIED? :unsure:

Guest Guest
Bush didn't lie, he was referring to the initial attack phase.

I'm sure those thousands of corpses would agree with you.

However, if you're looking for a liar, remember "I did not have sexual relations

with that woman". Now there was a whopper.

A million affairs would never cost this country a half trillion dollars. I'd take the affair lie anyday, as that isn't my business, nor does it have a damned thing to do with the country as a whole.

Tyipcal neocon, trying to deflect a major lie with a triviality on the other side.